Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Its a brave new world out there

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
Tedx
Lemon Quarter

Its a brave new world out there

Postby Tedx » January 5th, 2024, 4:11 pm

A youtube star called Logan Paul launched a game...:

CryptoZoo was meant to be a game where players bought, sold and bred virtual animals using cryptocurrency.

At the time, Paul encouraged people to buy cryptocurrency collectables for what he called a "really fun game that makes you money".

However, after selling millions of dollars worth of NFTs and crypto coins, he stopped talking about CryptoZoo and seemingly abandoned the project.

Now he's offered to buy back some of the dodgy shite he was pushing:

He will refund players 0.1 Ether, which is a cryptocurrency, per NFT that was bought.

The NFTs were originally sold in September 2021 for 0.1 Ether.

Did you get any of that?

Ok, I get some of it. For those that don't, basically, Ether and NFT's are fairy dust. Or Magic Beans if you prefer. And he's offering to buy it whatever shite they bought with more fairy dust. Not the US Dollars his customers originally used to buy his fairy dust. I'm pretty sure that Mr Paul prefers to keep his US Dollars safely tucked away for when he actually has to buy real stuff.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-67891239

Urbandreamer
Lemon Quarter

Re: Its a brave new world out there

Postby Urbandreamer » January 5th, 2024, 4:26 pm

Tedx wrote:He will refund players 0.1 Ether, which is a cryptocurrency, per NFT that was bought.

Did you get any of that?

Ok, I get some of it. For those that don't, basically, Ether and NFT's are fairy dust. Or Magic Beans if you prefer. And he's offering to buy it whatever shite they bought with more fairy dust. Not the US Dollars his customers originally used to buy his fairy dust. I'm pretty sure that Mr Paul prefers to keep his US Dollars safely tucked away for when he actually has to buy real stuff.

Did you actually read what you cut-n-pasted?

His customers didn't use US dollars to buy the stuff, they used Ether. Which is sort of a crypto currency, though more often used for digital contracts or to create NFT's.

While I agree with your opinions upon these NFT's in particular, you don't help your case by claiming things disproved by what you chose to quote.

Tedx
Lemon Quarter

Postby Tedx » January 5th, 2024, 5:03 pm

Urbandreamer wrote:
Tedx wrote:He will refund players 0.1 Ether, which is a cryptocurrency, per NFT that was bought.

Did you get any of that?

His customers didn't use US dollars to buy the stuff, they used Ether. Which is sort of a crypto currency, though more often used for digital contracts or to create NFT's.

While I agree with your opinions upon these NFT's in particular, you don't help your case by claiming things disproved by what you chose to quote.

No, I think his fans used their dollars to buy the Ether which they then used to by the NFT's.

Urbandreamer
Lemon Quarter

Postby Urbandreamer » January 5th, 2024, 5:12 pm

Tedx wrote:
Urbandreamer wrote:

No, I think his fans used their dollars to buy the Ether which they then used to by the NFT's.

A bit of an assumption that. Then again you also assumed that he kept their dollars and that it was all Fairy dust. You can't have it both ways. Either Ether has a value, or it doesn't. If it does then he is refunding them that value. If it doesn't then you can't blame him for them buying Ether in the first place.

Ps, you can buy Ether with any currency, including bitcoin or you can mine it. Which does rather destroy your argument about dollars doesn't it?
https://www.stilt.com/crypto/how-to-mine-ethereum/

Oh and I think that this might be the wrong board BTW. There is a NFT and cryto board on TLF.

Tedx
Lemon Quarter

Postby Tedx » January 5th, 2024, 5:55 pm

A bit of an assumption that.

Not any more than your assertion.

Look, pPaul persuaded his followers to buy his magic beans with their hard earned central bank FIAT currency. That's what happened.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » January 6th, 2024, 8:54 am

Tedx wrote:A bit of an assumption that.

Look, pPaul persuaded his followers to buy his magic beans with their hard earned central bank FIAT currency. That's what happened.

I have this vague recollection that Urbandreamer is a crypto enthusiast. I guess that might be relevant?

Not my thing, so I don't have the slightest idea whether the following is true or accurate, but the source reports that Logan Paul is only going to reimburse those players who never got round to doing anything with their ether eggs (sorry, $ZOO crypto). And, as the BBC reports, only if they waive their right to sue him!

The others will get zilch, but thanks for all the fish. Delicious, it was. :D
https://cryptopotato.com/logan-paul-to- ... s-a-catch/

BJ

Urbandreamer
Lemon Quarter

Postby Urbandreamer » January 6th, 2024, 9:30 am

bungeejumper wrote:
Tedx wrote:A bit of an assumption that.

I have this vague recollection that Urbandreamer is a crypto enthusiast. I guess that might be relevant?

Not my thing, so I don't have the slightest idea whether the following is true or accurate, but the source reports that Logan Paul is only going to reimburse those players who never got round to doing anything with their ether eggs (sorry, $ZOO crypto). And, as the BBC reports, only if they waive their right to sue him!

The others will get zilch, but thanks for all the fish. Delicious, it was. :D
https://cryptopotato.com/logan-paul-to- ... s-a-catch/

BJ

As BJ says, I'm a bitcoiner. I might have some slight idea about NFT's and competitors to bitcoin. However in this case my ire was raised by Tedx not reading what he quoted and making claims that can not be supported by his link. His link makes no reference to the $ZOO coin, which is important if we are to view the actions of this individual.

As per BJ's link, questions do arise about these NFT's, the $ZOO crypto currency and the man behind it. For those not familiar with the phrase "rug pulls" are unfortunately not uncommon and imply a deliberate action that topples you. There are literally thousands of crypto currencies, many with no value at all. Some suspect that many of the ones with no value were created to simply extract money. Indeed it's a quite common belief among those who hold bitcoin.

Hence why I stated that I shared his opinion in this case.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » January 6th, 2024, 9:59 am

Urbandreamer wrote:As per BJ's link, questions do arise about these NFT's, the $ZOO crypto currency and the man behind it. For those not familiar with the phrase "rug pulls" are unfortunately not uncommon and imply a deliberate action that topples you. There are literally thousands of crypto currencies, many with no value at all. Some suspect that many of the ones with no value were created to simply extract money. Indeed it's a quite common belief among those who hold bitcoin.

Thanks for the rugpulls stuff. Here's a list of 1,771 dead crypto currencies (https://99bitcoins.com/deadcoins/) which will probably give some pause for thought. (I once had a colleague who got suckered into investing £100,000 in one of them. I won't cry too many tears for him, because he'd acquired the money more by foul means than fair. And then his wife very sensibly left him, taking all the fiat cash before he spaffed that up the wall as well. :lol: )

And the Zoo tokens? Launched in September 2021, and dead in the water four months later. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/zoo-token/. Every picture tells a story. ;)

BJ

Return to “Bitter Lemons”