Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

New AI Algorithm is Cracking Undeciphered Languages

NomoneyNohoney
Lemon Slice

New AI Algorithm is Cracking Undeciphered Languages

Postby NomoneyNohoney » October 21st, 2020, 12:12 pm

XFool
The full Lemon

Re: New AI Algorithm is Cracking Undeciphered Languages

Postby XFool » October 21st, 2020, 4:05 pm

Interesting. Here is the source it was apparently taken from:

Translating lost languages using machine learning

https://news.mit.edu/2020/translating-lost-languages-using-machine-learning-1021

System developed at MIT CSAIL aims to help linguists decipher languages that have been lost to history.

I must say, that original web site is a bit... :!:

From the blogs:

The modern UFO phenomenon is
"The modern UFO phenomenon is definitly a manifistation of demonic activity in order to decieve mankind away from a belief in GOD. Satan’s plan is 3 fold…

Belief in Evolution
Heliocentric Solar System
Belief in life on other planets. UFO’s
Think about it, Lucifer is know as the Father of all Lies, and the Great Deciever, with just this simple three fold plan he could easily trick mankind into turning his back on GOD.
" etc.

The Solar Flash Event
"The Coming Solar Flash Event is the Rapture or Soul Harvest or Armageddon or Judgement Day or Samvartaka Fire that all religions have talked about.

Destined to happen sometime during the next decade once a sufficient mass of humanity has awakened and breached a critical threshold in level of consciousness ( have awakened and chosen the light).

A massive burst of Cosmic waves will be transmitted from the Central Sun (Sagittarius A / Black hole at the Center of Galaxy) through our Sun.
" etc.

Watis
Lemon Quarter

Postby Watis » October 21st, 2020, 4:21 pm

XFool wrote:Interesting. Here is the source it was apparently taken from:

Translating lost languages using machine learning

https://news.mit.edu/2020/translating-lost-languages-using-machine-learning-1021

System developed at MIT CSAIL aims to help linguists decipher languages that have been lost to history.

From the blogs:

The modern UFO phenomenon is
"The modern UFO phenomenon is definitly a manifistation of demonic activity in order to decieve mankind away from a belief in GOD. Satan’s plan is 3 fold…

Belief in Evolution
Heliocentric Solar System
Belief in life on other planets. UFO’s
Think about it, Lucifer is know as the Father of all Lies, and the Great Deciever, with just this simple three fold plan he could easily trick mankind into turning his back on GOD.
" etc.

The Solar Flash Event
"The Coming Solar Flash Event is the Rapture or Soul Harvest or Armageddon or Judgement Day or Samvartaka Fire that all religions have talked about.

Destined to happen sometime during the next decade once a sufficient mass of humanity has awakened and breached a critical threshold in level of consciousness ( have awakened and chosen the light).

A massive burst of Cosmic waves will be transmitted from the Central Sun (Sagittarius A / Black hole at the Center of Galaxy) through our Sun.
" etc.

I'm not in the slightest bit concerned about the possibility of a cosmic wave burst. You see, I have this here hat, made of tinfoil.

On a more serious note, if AI really can translate lost languages, I'd like to see them throw the Voynich Manuscript at it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voynich_manuscript

Watis

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » October 21st, 2020, 4:32 pm

Try it on "Doctors' Handwriting" -pre NHS computerisation

NomoneyNohoney
Lemon Slice

Postby NomoneyNohoney » October 21st, 2020, 5:18 pm

Just for preserving any semblance of being grown up, let me explain further...
I subscribe to newsletters from the Smithsonian and have a store of perhaps a year's worth of articles. I didn't want to continually post Smithsonian links of items that interest me, so I searched for the same article on other websites, just for variety.

It's the present that's important, not the wrapping!

NomoneyNohoney
Lemon Slice

Postby NomoneyNohoney » October 21st, 2020, 5:31 pm

On a more serious note, if AI really can translate lost languages, I'd like to see them throw the Voynich Manuscript at it.

Me too. I have a feeling I'd already posted about the Voynich Manuscript, but search didn't find it, so perhaps it was another website...

I've always been interested in what the truth is with the Voynich Manuscript, and a few years ago, I went to a lecture one evening, at the University of Bedford. The event was hosted by by Professor Stephen Bax, Professor of Linguistics, and although I've not checked recently, the whole talk was uploaded to YouTube, if you're interested enough to search for it.

Stephen was a charming erudite man, who was kind enough to listen to my fanciful ideas about the Voynich, and discuss them as if I was his peer, rather than an intellectual pygmy by comparison with him. Sadly, he died suddenly some months afterwards, and his website discussing the Voynich Manuscript, and theories and ideas, has largely lapsed since then. Again, if you want to see his research it's at https://stephenbax.net/?p=2124

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » October 22nd, 2020, 1:25 pm

NomoneyNohoney wrote:On a more serious note, if AI really can translate lost languages, I'd like to see them throw the Voynich Manuscript at it.

Me too. I have a feeling I'd already posted about the Voynich Manuscript, but search didn't find it, so perhaps it was another website...

I've always been interested in what the truth is with the Voynich Manuscript, and a few years ago, I went to a lecture one evening, at the University of Bedford. The event was hosted by by Professor Stephen Bax, Professor of Linguistics, and although I've not checked recently, the whole talk was uploaded to YouTube, if you're interested enough to search for it.

Reminded of it, I revisited the Wikipedia entry on the Voynich Manuscript and eventually came to the following blog, by somebody who strongly argues it is a modern forgery, by Voynich himself (and presumably there is no possible 'translation'): https://proto57.wordpress.com

Return to “Curiosity Corner”