Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

The Earth and Moon Photographed From Artemis 1

NomoneyNohoney
Lemon Slice

The Earth and Moon Photographed From Artemis 1

Postby NomoneyNohoney » November 23rd, 2022, 5:47 pm

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-ne ... -180981173

This is really humbling, and is reminiscent of an earlier photo of Earth, Voyager 1's Pale Blue Dot. The opening picture shows the Moon, but in the background is the insignificant Earth - you, me, everyone and everything just floating there.

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Re: The Earth and Moon Photographed From Artemis 1

Postby stevensfo » November 24th, 2022, 9:52 am

NomoneyNohoney wrote:https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/see-the-first-stunning-photos-of-the-earth-and-moon-from-artemis-1-180981173

This is really humbling, and is reminiscent of an earlier photo of Earth, Voyager 1's Pale Blue Dot. The opening picture shows the Moon, but in the background is the insignificant Earth - you, me, everyone and everything just floating there.

I love photos like these!

One comment: one of the last photos -the pale blue dot- looks as though it's been taken with a very wide angle lens, thus making the earth look much smaller than it should from the moon.

Steve

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » November 24th, 2022, 10:01 am

stevensfo wrote:One comment: one of the last photos -the pale blue dot- looks as though it's been taken with a very wide angle lens, thus making the earth look much smaller than it should from the moon.
Steve

Thanks for that Steve, I and others have been wondering why the earth looks so small, yet from Earth the moon looks quite big :lol:

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » November 24th, 2022, 11:24 am

pje16 wrote:
stevensfo wrote:One comment: one of the last photos -the pale blue dot- looks as though it's been taken with a very wide angle lens, thus making the earth look much smaller than it should from the moon.
Steve

Thanks for that Steve, I and others have been wondering why the earth looks so small, yet from Earth the moon looks quite big :lol:

Now just waiting for the conspiracy theories to start.

I'm pretty sure that if you look carefully, you can see the reflection of a man with a camera in the side of the capsule. Also, isn't that a piece of string holding up the earth?

:lol:

Steve

Return to “Curiosity Corner”