Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

It is not possible to view the property

88V8
Lemon Half

It is not possible to view the property

Postby 88V8 » November 30th, 2022, 10:32 am

So here's an odd one.
A lovely house near us and formerly the home of Evelyn Waugh, for sale by auction.

The listing says Unless sold prior to or withdrawn Piers Court will be for sale by Auction on Thursday 15th December 2022 -
On the instruction of the joint fixed charged receiver.
The property has not been visited by the selling agents since 2019. All images dated 2018. It is NOT possible to view the property.
Tenure: The property is occupied under a Common Law Tenancy at a rent of £250 per annum. A Notice To Quit has been served on the occupant on 19 August 2022 and a copy of such notice was affixed to the property gate on 22 August 2022. A prospective purchaser should take their own legal advice regarding this.

I'm not thinking of buying... a bit too big... so haven't posted in the Legal board, but an interesting situation I thought.
Would the purchaser even be able to take possession....

Notice how the agent has rewritten the description into the past tense.

V8

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Re: It is not possible to view the property

Postby Gerry557 » November 30th, 2022, 12:18 pm

Odd indeed. I think I would want to see the property before buying. I know sometimes this isn't done when it's known as a doer upper.

A lot might have happened since the last visit. It might have been run down, flooded or had squatters. Hopefully the new roof, swimming pool and home cinema installed since 2018 will compensate.

Return to “Curiosity Corner”