Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

A Lifetime Deal clarified

NomoneyNohoney
Lemon Slice

A Lifetime Deal clarified

Postby NomoneyNohoney » June 17th, 2023, 1:17 pm

I use a Windscribe VPN when its necessary. Mine is a paid for subscription, but they have occasionally offered free enhanced access, as explained below. Now they've decided to downgrade the free 50/60GB / month plans as it wasn't meant in perpetuity. The way they have decided to retain the Lifetime Upgrade for certain users has made me laugh: read on and you'll find what I mean. I've merged bits from two separate notifications

"Some of the upgrade codes we released were meant for a specific set of users who are living in countries with severe internet restrictions during a time where access to internet is vital. These were upgrades for people in Russia and Ukraine who were having their internet censored during a war, users in Iran who couldn't get access to the open internet during long and difficult country-wide protests, Turkish residents who were dealing with internet restrictions after a devastating earthquake, and a few other cohorts."

"Let’s talk about the biggest issue people had - the 50/60 GB [per month] plans were advertised as Lifetime deals. We’re going to be entirely honest here... after we started the downgrades, some people pointed out those few instances where we said they were lifetime...

However, we never specified whose lifetime the upgrades are valid for. Was it the lifetime of the universe? The lifetime of a fruit fly? Your own lifetime? Well we don’t track the vitals of our users (or fruit flies) so we reckon this should be clarified once and for all. After some lengthy deliberation and seeing all the examples of the lifetime claims, we decided it was only fair to revert this change and honor the lifetime nature of this plan…..for the duration of Vladimir Putin’s lifetime. That's right, we're pinning the expiry date for the lifetime Free upgrades to the expiry date of Putin.

So, if you currently have the 50GB or 60GB plan, or if you had it but got caught in the first wave of downgrades, you will get to keep it until Vladimir Putin has passed away. You wanted a deal? This is the best it will ever get. "

+ + + +

OK, slight change of subject now. You might be interested in the following, which you can read on Windscribe.com

What is it?

You can use Windscribe for free, for as long as you like. With a confirmed email address you get 10GB/month of data, unlimited connections and access to over 10 countries.
Why should I care?
It really is free, no strings attached.

+ + + +
There are other free VPNs available, but Windscribe is very good in my opinion. Check them out before you decide who you want to shield you on the web.
HTH and gave you a small smile too.

Return to “Curiosity Corner”