Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

A decent reclining lounge chair with good back support ?

Strangeness abounds. No question too obscure
jaizan
Lemon Slice

A decent reclining lounge chair with good back support ?

Postby jaizan » October 27th, 2021, 10:52 am

Can anyone recommend a decent reclining arm chair with good back support and durability ?

I have a Stressless recliner, which was absolutely superb when new, but after a few years use, is all saggy and very uncomfortable. Leading to back pain. I find this inexcusable in a premium priced product. Particularly when a much older Ikea chair is still reasonably comfortable and almost as good as the day I bought it.

What I would like is something equivalent to the Stressless, but built to last. However, I'm prepared to compromise.

servodude
Lemon Half

Re: A decent reclining lounge chair with good back support ?

Postby servodude » October 27th, 2021, 11:03 am

Have you contacted Stressless to see if they can restore/repair? I thought they had very good customer service (sister in law has a pair)

-sd

jaizan
Lemon Slice

Postby jaizan » October 29th, 2021, 11:09 am

I have contacted Stressless. I contacted both Stressless UK and walked into a physical Stressless shop in London.

If another manufacturer would make something that felt exactly like my Stressless when it was new and remained comfortable 10 years later, I'd be a customer.

I paid over £1100 for the Stressless chair, yet they don't want to help when it is unfit to sit on.

Meanwhile, my Ikea chairs, which as far as I can remember were below £100 many years earlier were not as comfortable when new, but are far better now.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » October 29th, 2021, 11:22 am

jaizan wrote:I have contacted Stressless. I contacted both Stressless UK and walked into a physical Stressless shop in London.

If another manufacturer would make something that felt exactly like my Stressless when it was new and remained comfortable 10 years later, I'd be a customer.

I paid over £1100 for the Stressless chair, yet they don't want to help when it is unfit to sit on.

Meanwhile, my Ikea chairs, which as far as I can remember were below £100 many years earlier were not as comfortable when new, but are far better now.

I have never used a reclining arm chair but I do have a good Parker Knoll which has replace another which was at least 10 years old. They do recliners. Might be worth a look. Whether it will be like new, or even remain comfortable in ten years time I have no idea. I replaced my previous one because I had a hip replacement and I realised it was really too low for comfort.
Dod

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gerry557 » October 29th, 2021, 7:12 pm

Return to “Land of Off Topic Posts”