Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

Why Does Everyone Hate Jews?

Strangeness abounds. No question too obscure
terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Re: Why Does Everyone Hate Jews?

Postby terminal7 » April 23rd, 2024, 10:17 am

Alaric wrote:
RockRabbit wrote:Yes, strange how everyone forgets that British soldiers and politicians, together with Palestinian civilians, were subjected to multiple terrorist attacks by Jewish settlers in the 1930s and 1940s both in Palestine/Israel and even on UK soil.

Somewhat selective glance at history - between 1936 and 1939 Britain was faced with the Palestinian Arab revolt and who was Britain's ally - Yishuv. This resulted in the death of many thousands of Palestinians - in fighting and custody. Of course this morphed into the Jewish insurgency against Yishuv until 1948.

T7

terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Postby terminal7 » April 23rd, 2024, 10:23 am

WickedLester wrote:This is not going to be a provocative antisemitic post, please give it a chance.

As far as I can work out the far-right as they are known have always hated Jews, I grew up in an NF stronghold in the 70's and casual racism about Jews was the norm, but then casual racism was the norm.

Now it appears that the left also hate Jews, despite the fact that Marx was Jewish as well as many other great thinkers (not that I'm a Marxist but plenty of people still like to try to impose his views in one form or another on other people, remember Animal Farm?)

As far as I can work out it stems from their determination to have their own homeland, where history tells us their homeland was before the 7 tribes were scattered to the winds for thousands of years where they lived as a persecuted minority across Eurasia and possibly parts of Africa. Much as I can accept creating Israel has involved an injustice against the Palestinians I can fully understand their desire to be safe amongst their own, particularly in light of the Holocaust. But then the same left turn a blind eye to similar injustices and sometimes we actively encourage them. Remember the conflict in Kosovo? As I understand it Kosovo was historically Serbian land and deeply important to them and when they tried to get it back we bombed the bejeesus out of them. Now it's Albanian land and the churches have all been razed. I know a few Albanians and they're not bad lads, but well.

And don't forget the Falklands, how can the Argentinians claim they have anything more than the most tenuous claim to it and those that think they should be given them never think to tell the Galtieri's to sod off back to Italy.

As for Northern Ireland, look at what a bloody mess that turned out to be due to our own desire to subdue the Irish, how we underestimated their resolve, they managed to make deep cuts at the top of our democracy and Royalty. When I was young the Irish were portrayed as thick.

But I'm getting a bit off topic anyway. I've only known a few Jews personally and I've found them all a bit difficult, but I did have a half Jewsish girlfriend for a while and her Jewishness wasn't an issue for me, she was just a bit hot tempered and I like calm.

But why does this seeming hypocrisy seem to afflict the left so much. When, as an ethnic Britain I complain about East London being taken over by foreigners and stating that I want it back I'm scum, but when the Palestinians say the same thing they're justified. I'm not supposed to worry that the Mayor of London is a Muslim Pakistani.

It all seems to stem from a seeming jealously of their wealth and power. If the Rothschilds run the World why couldn't they prevent the holocaust? Or all the other pogroms throughout history.

Look at it from another perspective, an evolutionary one. I understand the global Jewish Diaspora numbers about 14m but the global black diaspora is forecast to hit 2bn sometime this century. Who's winning the evolutionary race? Next time you listen to Neil Diamond or watch Owen Wilson in a Rom Com ask yourselves whether these are the sort of hook nosed butchers you hate, just as I love a lot of black derived music, blues, Al Green, Emilie Sande and I expect you all know the Animals didn't write House of The Rising Sun, how could a bunch of middle class Geordies ever understand the sentiment behind it.

I won't write too much more, I just wish all people would try to understand that life, the human condition and human desires and jealousies affect all of us and give things at least a bit more thought before nailing their colours to the mast. As far as I know Dawkins hasn't concluded that material wealth is an evolutionary imperative. We'll have to get used to that soon anyway, the Earth's resources are fixed and finite and need to be shared amongst an ever growing population.

Who is everyone? You mean every person? Everyone in the UK?
Jews - Do you mean Zionists, Israelis, non-secular Jews etc?
Would you have used this title in September 2023?

T7

MuddyBoots
Lemon Slice

Postby MuddyBoots » April 23rd, 2024, 10:42 am

terminal7 wrote: Who is everyone? You mean every person? Everyone in the UK?

T7

The OP did qualify their original post a bit further on page 1:

WickedLester wrote: Maybe I should qualify the title by explaining that it was meant as a bit of a dig at factions in the Labour party and modern left wing opinion generally.

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » April 23rd, 2024, 10:49 am

MuddyBoots wrote:
terminal7 wrote: Who is everyone? You mean every person? Everyone in the UK?

T7

The OP did qualify their original post a bit further on page 1:

WickedLester wrote: Maybe I should qualify the title by explaining that it was meant as a bit of a dig at factions in the Labour party and modern left wing opinion generally.

I guess that says something.... ?
probably

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » April 23rd, 2024, 1:17 pm

terminal7 wrote:Jews - Do you mean Zionists, Israelis, non-secular Jews etc?

Interesting that you would classify Jews in that way in order to decide what you think of them. Do you do that with other ethnicities as well? Is it all about the "right" and "wrong" kind of Jews for you?

scrumpyjack
Lemon Quarter

Postby scrumpyjack » April 23rd, 2024, 1:34 pm

Unfortunately Anti-Zionism and Anti-Semitism have become conflated and confused, particularly amongst the hard of thinking left wing.

When the idea of creating a Jewish state arose post WWII, there were Jews strongly against the idea
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews_Against_Zionism

stewamax
Lemon Quarter

Postby stewamax » April 23rd, 2024, 1:55 pm

The UK has a very intolerant history of persecution within its own boundaries, never mind of those living in partibus infidelium.
In 1190, the entire Jewish population of York was expunged - either murdered or took their own lives in expectation of being so.
A hundred years later, Edward 1st forced the expulsion of most Jews from England by banning their money-lending and making them wear a 'Jew' badge.

Nearly four hundred years elapsed before Cromwell invited them back, but he was also busy murdering Roman Catholics, especially the Irish ones.

We never learn.

scrumpyjack
Lemon Quarter

Postby scrumpyjack » April 23rd, 2024, 2:29 pm

stewamax wrote:The UK has a very intolerant history of persecution within its own boundaries, never mind of those living in partibus infidelium.
In 1190, the entire Jewish population of York was expunged - either murdered or took their own lives in expectation of being so.
A hundred years later, Edward 1st forced the expulsion of most Jews from England by banning their money-lending and making them wear a 'Jew' badge.

Nearly four hundred years elapsed before Cromwell invited them back, but he was also busy murdering Roman Catholics, especially the Irish ones.

We never learn.

Yes, sadly the more 'religious' people are, the more they seem to want to murder their fellow humans and it still goes on, and on.

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » April 23rd, 2024, 3:39 pm

scrumpyjack wrote:Yes, sadly the more 'religious' people are, the more they seem to want to murder their fellow humans and it still goes on, and on.

I don't think Stalin, Hitler, or Mao Zedong for example, were particularly 'religious'. They must have knocked off nearly 100m people between them :)

RC

scrumpyjack
Lemon Quarter

Postby scrumpyjack » April 23rd, 2024, 5:00 pm

ReformedCharacter wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:Yes, sadly the more 'religious' people are, the more they seem to want to murder their fellow humans and it still goes on, and on.

I don't think Stalin, Hitler, or Mao Zedong for example, were particularly 'religious'. They must have knocked off nearly 100m people between them :)

RC

Quite but I didn't say the religious had a monopoly on mass slaughter :D

88V8
Lemon Half

Postby 88V8 » April 23rd, 2024, 6:44 pm

Religious would probably describe Gideon Falter, the Jewish chap at the heart of the 'too Jewish' molehill.
Fitting in, in terms of how one dresses, is not quite his thing.

And did you hear the full soundtrack of the interchange with the endlessly patient cop who has been panned by some stupid people including our PM for pointing out that at that moment and in that situation he was 'too obviously Jewish'?

Folks like Gideon just invite being hated, and it seemed to me from the soundtrack and the camera team he had in tow that he was doing it quite deliberately.

V8

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » April 23rd, 2024, 8:09 pm

scrumpyjack wrote:
ReformedCharacter wrote:I don't think Stalin, Hitler, or Mao Zedong for example, were particularly 'religious'. They must have knocked off nearly 100m people between them :)

RC

Quite but I didn't say the religious had a monopoly on mass slaughter :D

True, but if you accept that 'the more 'religious' people are, the more they seem to want to murder their fellow humans', then given that the non-religious examples of Stalin, Hitler and Mao Zedong have probably killed more people in the last 100 years than the 'very religious' then you should accept that the less religious people are, the more they seem to want to kill their fellow humans. Or is the truth are bit more nuanced than either statement?

RC

Return to “Land of Off Topic Posts”