Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

The perfect global storm of Covid-19, Diverging Wealth Distribution, Black Lives Matter, and a US Election

The Big Picture Place
BrummieDave
Lemon Slice

The perfect global storm of Covid-19, Diverging Wealth Distribution, Black Lives Matter, and a US Election

Postby BrummieDave » June 20th, 2020, 4:40 pm

Wasn't sure if this should be on here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=24031

Mods may move it anyway...

BrummieDave
Lemon Slice

Re: The perfect global storm of Covid-19, Diverging Wealth Distribution, Black Lives Matter, and a US Election

Postby BrummieDave » June 20th, 2020, 10:39 pm

In case anyone is wondering, this shadow post was linked to something originally posted in Beerpig's Snug.

The post is a discourse on the snowball effect we may see as Covid, BLM, social injustice and wealth divergence all play out, alongside a forthcoming divisive US election. The post is not political. It mentions Trump and US elections, but in an apolitical way. They are part of the content of the post but only as context.

I hoped it was well thought through, non emotive, and objective. It was the longest post I've ever written, and thus took me quite some time this afternoon to write.

Apparently it was moved to Polite Discussions, somewhere I do not have access to, without informing me in any way. I consider that to be extremely discourteous. Another poster PMed me to let me know where it was.

Mike4
Lemon Half

Re: The perfect global storm of Covid-19, Diverging Wealth Distribution, Black Lives Matter, and a US Election

Postby Mike4 » June 20th, 2020, 10:50 pm

BrummieDave wrote:In case anyone is wondering, this shadow post was linked to something originally posted in Beerpig's Snug.

The post is a discourse on the snowball effect we may see as Covid, BLM, social injustice and wealth divergence all play out, alongside a forthcoming divisive US election. The post is not political. It mentions Trump and US elections, but in an apolitical way. They are part of the content of the post but only as context.

I hoped it was well thought through, non emotive, and objective. It was the longest post I've ever written, and thus took me quite some time this afternoon to write.

Apparently it was moved to Polite Discussions, somewhere I do not have access to, without informing me in any way. I consider that to be extremely discourteous. Another poster PMed me to let me know where it was.

Arguably, starting a highly political thread in The Snug is hardly likely to be well received, so not sure why you are surprised it got moved to PD.

Not telling you seems a bit off though, but describing it as "extremely discourteous" is over-egging it in my personal opinion, especially given the initial mis-posting.

BrummieDave
Lemon Slice

Postby BrummieDave » June 20th, 2020, 11:03 pm

It was not political.

That's the whole point.

It mentioned Trump, it mentioned the US elections. Many a post in the Snug mentions the UK government, the US government etc. The references are as context to the content I wrote. That does not make it political in the sense of the rules.

I was starting a discussion about the potential threat of international instability as the various forces resulting from Covid, Lockdowns, Diverging Wealth Distribution, and movements such as BLM all play out, in the same timeframe as the US elections. It was a thought piece on the societal effects of this, as well as the economic aspects.

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » June 21st, 2020, 7:51 am

Moderator Message:
I have locked this topic. It is in the wrong place. It discusses moderation and therefore is against the TLF rules. I will PM you .

Return to “Macro and Global Topics”