Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

The New Bretton Woods

The Big Picture Place
odysseus2000
Lemon Half

The New Bretton Woods

Postby odysseus2000 » October 27th, 2020, 11:51 am

I know it will come as a disappointment to many here that the world's leaders are about to change the world's entire financial system to get away from some of the evils of the current situation, but that is what they are about:

https://www.imf.org/en/News/Articles/20 ... ods-moment

How can we exploit this opportunity and protect what we have?

How will this play out with very indebted nations like Japan and very un-indebtied nations like Germany?

Or in more simple terms how will this impact the £ in our pockets?

I imagine that what they are thinking of will be Draconian and effect everyone.

We do live in interesting times!

Already Farage has his dogs on the scent and one can imagine that before very long there will be a huge pack of howling dogs trying to make sense of this, so it might be prudent to think about it.

Regards,

langley59
Lemon Slice

Re: The New Bretton Woods

Postby langley59 » October 27th, 2020, 12:01 pm

I have mentioned several times before on other threads that the globalists plan a major change to the world's economy and society as elaborated in the webpages of the World Economic Forum. This has been planned for a very long time under the umbrella of Agenda 21 (now rebranded Agenda 2030). This Great Reset predates the covid outbreak, which is being used as the pretext for it. It seems to me to be the Collectivist Oligarchy that Orwell warned about in 1984.

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » October 27th, 2020, 12:22 pm

langley59 wrote:I have mentioned several times before on other threads that the globalists plan a major change to the world's economy and society as elaborated in the webpages of the World Economic Forum. This has been planned for a very long time under the umbrella of Agenda 21 (now rebranded Agenda 2030). This Great Reset predates the covid outbreak, which is being used as the pretext for it. It seems to me to be the Collectivist Oligarchy that Orwell warned about in 1984.

More of a "get out jail card for free" at least in how it will be presented to the masses in my view.

There have been several of these events before, what in physics is often called a re-normalization.

If Trump wins he could potentially find ways to thwart it, if he really wants to and I am not sure about that.

If Biden wins we could see all manner of huge changes taking place during his first term as Covid is now a god send for the folk who are pushing these kinds of radical change.

As I see things this is both one of the most exciting things ever planned and at the same time one of the most scary.

It is possible that nothing happens, but as things now look to me, it looks like something big will happen and I doubt any of us can stop it even if we wanted to as the proponents will paint objectors as dinosaurs out of touch with modern ways and this will be carried by the big nations.

Regards,

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » October 27th, 2020, 4:12 pm

...What exactly is being alleged as being imminent?

TIA

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » October 27th, 2020, 6:14 pm

XFool wrote:...What exactly is being alleged as being imminent?

TIA

This is a qualitative scene setting article:

https://www.imf.org/en/News/Articles/20 ... ods-moment

This has links to various speeches on what people think are important to consider and act upon now:

https://www.brettonwoods.org/event/inte ... ral-system

Regards,

johnhemming
Lemon Quarter

Postby johnhemming » October 27th, 2020, 6:44 pm

I am not clear myself as to what it is that is proposed to change or be changed.

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » October 27th, 2020, 7:21 pm

johnhemming wrote:I am not clear myself as to what it is that is proposed to change or be changed.

No one is.

The only undoubted point is that many of the elite thinkers with their neurons on world money believe the current situation is not appropriate for the human species. T

hey are trying to invent something new with many of these folk having lots of ideas that might never see the light of day, but if there is some consensus the first most will hear about it is when all the world leaders start telling us that they have a great new way forwards.

Regards,

langley59
Lemon Slice

Postby langley59 » October 27th, 2020, 8:14 pm

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » October 27th, 2020, 9:30 pm

langley59 wrote:This guy explains it pretty well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSwYs6z ... ingForever

Interesting video.

Its the age old quandary of whether bad stuff is being done for reasons of malice or incompetence.

Generally it is incompetence, but Wales in particular does seem to have an agenda that is motivated by an executive with a control fetish and I notice enough people who accept what ever the politicians say as though it is certainty and truth and who are quick to take up against anyone who says it ain't so.

Dunno, its all so bizarre and so murderous of business and people's livelihoods that at the very least one is left certain that the folk imposing these Draconian measures have no understanding of business and no love for the lives of the people who elect them.

It will certainly be something to pay close attention to and to look for exit routes that do not seem to have been thought through in any sensible way. I can easily see all of this going on till Spring, but if so there must be good odds that many business collapse and unemployment rises strongly.

Regards,

langley59
Lemon Slice

Postby langley59 » October 27th, 2020, 9:33 pm

joey wrote:Sounds like Bilderberg group conspiracy theories all over again. You should read “Them” by Jon Ronson.

Read and believe what you like, I prefer to read the webpages of the global institutions themselves.

langley59
Lemon Slice

Postby langley59 » October 27th, 2020, 9:37 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:Its the age old quandary of whether bad stuff is being done for reasons of malice or incompetence. Regards,

I suspect the people driving it probably think its for the best, the ends justify the means and all that, and anyone whose life is shattered along the way, well that's just collateral damage.

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » October 27th, 2020, 9:54 pm

langley59 wrote:
odysseus2000 wrote:Its the age old quandary of whether bad stuff is being done for reasons of malice or incompetence. Regards,

I suspect the people driving it probably think its for the best, the ends justify the means and all that, and anyone whose life is shattered along the way, well that's just collateral damage.

If I was a politician I would be thinking most about getting re-elected.

Making a lot of voters unhappy with me so that they would vote for a rival is supposedly the mechanism that keeps democracies more sensibly governed than totalitarian states were there is no need to worry about being elected.

Very little of the stuff done since the Covid crisis began has made any sense to me. The medical briefings and that arguments that everything was science driven has never been the case and the argument that antibiotics would soon be ready was about the cries in 1914, that the war would be over by Christmas.

Regards,

langley59
Lemon Slice

Postby langley59 » October 27th, 2020, 10:56 pm

joey wrote:
langley59 wrote:
joey wrote:Sounds like Bilderberg group conspiracy theories all over again. You should read “Them” by Jon Ronson.

Read and believe what you like, I prefer to read the webpages of the global institutions themselves.

And random YouTube links to conspiracy theory nut jobs.

It wasn't random, its not a conspiracy theory and whilst he may be controversial I don't think he's a nutjob. Thanks for your considered input.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » October 27th, 2020, 11:29 pm

langley59 wrote:This guy explains it pretty well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSwYs6z ... ingForever

He does.

So it's just more of 'the usual' then. :roll:

dealtn
Lemon Half

Postby dealtn » October 28th, 2020, 12:34 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:
johnhemming wrote:I am not clear myself as to what it is that is proposed to change or be changed.

No one is.

Yet in the OP you make the claim "the world's leaders are about to change the world's entire financial system to get away from some of the evils of the current situation, but that is what they are about..."

So are you part of the "no-one" or an exception to it?

I know I have issues with interpreting non-literal statements, but it would be much easier if you used statements such as "might" or "some". Not expressing certainty rather than possibility. Or at least distinguishing opinion from fact.

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » October 28th, 2020, 1:43 pm

dealtn
Yet in the OP you make the claim "the world's leaders are about to change the world's entire financial system to get away from some of the evils of the current situation, but that is what they are about..."

So are you part of the "no-one" or an exception to it?

I know I have issues with interpreting non-literal statements, but it would be much easier if you used statements such as "might" or "some". Not expressing certainty rather than possibility. Or at least distinguishing opinion from fact.

While a policy is being developed there is a lot of flexibility in it and no clarity. It is just a bunch of educated and powerful people looking at the world as they see it and trying to find ways to make it better.

Until some final policy emerges no one knows what will emerge.

Sure people have ideas but in democracies policies are usually the product of the thoughts of several people. No one can be sure what will be produced or if what ever is produced will be actioned by the politicians.

In politics and life there are no certainties.

All one can do as an investor/trader is monitor what is going on, use ones experience to try and estimate where stuff is going and then make educated decisions and be prepared to change them at any time.

Regards,

johnhemming
Lemon Quarter

Postby johnhemming » October 28th, 2020, 3:56 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:While a policy is being developed there is a lot of flexibility in it and no clarity.

What tends to happen in various places is that people who make a living out of proposing ideas spend a lot of time proposing ideas and getting publicity for them. Many of the ideas, however, are not really practicable.

Hence we end up normally with the same sort of things happening where the decisions are actually made. That's because there are limited range of practical options.

An unusual exception is the use of lockdowns as a tool to control Covid. I think after all of this, however, there will be a resistance to doing this again.

Return to “Macro and Global Topics”