Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

US and World Economy and Markets after confirmation of Democrat controlled congress

The Big Picture Place
odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Re: US and World Economy and Markets after confirmation of Democrat controlled congress

Postby odysseus2000 » January 28th, 2021, 1:18 am

JamesMuenchen
My point to Ody is that they are more like non-commodity utilities. If you're customers need a large-scale project to change provider, then you are not a commodity business.

I am not sure I follow this.

If e.g. you are using some big cloud provider like Amazon web service and Walmart or Snow or ... come along and say we can offer you better pricing if you migrate to us. They add we have equally good or better security albeit provided by someone other than you are currently using, but the transition will be hassle free, and we will guarantee it. In this case isn't the security a commodity or am I mis understanding and it isn't possible to easily migrate from one cloud based web service to another? Cancelling one security subscription service and taking on another, or are there moats that prevent this?

I can remember when there were various security packages offered for a PC and one could even set up ones own firewall, but nowadays the windows operating system seems able to break through what ever firewall one cares to put up and the whole windows os is massively compromised with massive patching.

Mac seems better and I don't bother with anything other than what Catalina/Big Sur provides.

Looking out a little way it seems that the physics of entangled systems offers a very secure way to transfer data with the advantage that if the system is compromised you will know about it straight away.

I am also unclear as to how block chain technology changes the security of the net and whether this will become the defacto security technique.

Regards,

Return to “Macro and Global Topics”