Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Saxo Bank’s 10 ‘outrageous’ market predictions for 2022

The Big Picture Place
odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Re: Saxo Bank’s 10 ‘outrageous’ market predictions for 2022

Postby odysseus2000 » December 10th, 2021, 2:55 pm

TUK020 wrote:
murraypaul wrote:
odysseus2000 wrote:I believe all new houses are now built without a gas connection, relying instead on electrical heating coupled with good insulation.

Not in England they aren't.
400+ house development near me, all with gas central heating.

It gets worse that that.
That new housing estate being built will be provisioned with a substation sized to support a traditional electricity consumption pattern (average of 3kW per house?). The new transformer being put in won't have sufficient capacity to support significant adoption of heatpumps or electric vehicles. When significant adoption does occur, the whole thing will fall over and need major works to replace/reinforce the electricity supply.
Joined up regulation? Not.

Planned obsolescence as usual.

I was told that on some developments where residents are putting in solar panels that the cables feeding them can't handle the power and the utility wants many thousands to upgrade the cable. Perhaps they can argue the same for electric cars and make out like pirates which one might argue they are.

I was also told the other day that most universal smart meters use early 'g' (1g, 2g,...) and that as these are turned off all smart meters using these coming obsolescent services wil have to be replaced and converted to 5g or what ever. I have not been able to verify this but it seems a nice wheeze by the industry to justify higher prices for utility power if it is true.

Regards,

PeterGray
Lemon Slice

Postby PeterGray » December 10th, 2021, 6:02 pm

TUK020 wrote:
murraypaul wrote:
odysseus2000 wrote:I believe all new houses are now built without a gas connection, relying instead on electrical heating coupled with good insulation.

Not in England they aren't.
400+ house development near me, all with gas central heating.

It gets worse that that.
That new housing estate being built will be provisioned with a substation sized to support a traditional electricity consumption pattern (average of 3kW per house?). The new transformer being put in won't have sufficient capacity to support significant adoption of heatpumps or electric vehicles. When significant adoption does occur, the whole thing will fall over and need major works to replace/reinforce the electricity supply.
Joined up regulation? Not.

Presumably it's cheaper for developers to do it that way, and the bill for future upgrading falls on the owners not the developers! They will only do it properly if they have to, so yes, it needs better thought out regulation, and enforcement of it.

ErroneousBee

Postby ErroneousBee » December 20th, 2021, 5:02 pm

Spotify disrupted due to NFT-based digital rights platform

This is just license keys and DRM by another name.

NFTs seem to be mostly about money laundering, unless you believe bad line art is worth millions.

jayc304

Postby jayc304 » February 12th, 2022, 7:42 pm

Well, they hit the mark with Facebook. Who would have thought one of the top 5 in the SP500 could drop 25% in a day?

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » February 12th, 2022, 7:49 pm

I'm rather hoping for

"Medical breakthrough extends average life expectancy 25 years"....I might even get to break even on my IMB shares ;)

(the irony).

Return to “Macro and Global Topics”