Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Low cost broker accessible from the Netherlands other than DeGiro?

Financial discussion for any financial queries for Expats
Brabant

Low cost broker accessible from the Netherlands other than DeGiro?

Postby Brabant » April 7th, 2021, 4:47 pm

Does anyone know of a low cost broker accessible from the Netherlands suitable for low volume buy-and-hold investing that will give full access to the London market?

I have an acc with DeGiro but it while it offers LSE access it doesn’t allow trading in investment trusts such as Scottish Mortgage and Monks.

gryffron
Lemon Quarter

Re: Low cost broker accessible from the Netherlands other than DeGiro?

Postby gryffron » April 7th, 2021, 8:52 pm

Hi,
Interactive Brokers are one of the few truly international discount brokers, and were often the recommendation for expats wanting a UK discount broker accepting overseas clients.

http://www.interactivebrokers.co.uk
http://www.interactivebrokers.eu

Whether this still works after brexit I do not know. Although historically their UK unit has taken clients in Mid-East and far east, so brexit shouldn't be a huge problem for them.

Whether you open a UK based account, or an EU account, probably depends whether they have access to the funds you require, and what currency & tax regime you wish to operate in.

Please let us know how you get on. It would be good to be able to update our advice.

Gryff
No personal experience of IB

bofh

Postby bofh » April 8th, 2021, 3:00 pm

gryffron wrote:Interactive Brokers are one of the few truly international discount brokers

I would agree with this. For someone in the Netherlands I think they would have you sign up to their Luxembourg domiciled trading entity (with the .eu domain name shared previously). In Europe, they also have UK (.co.uk), Ireland (.ie) and Central European entities (.hu).

Brabant

Postby Brabant » April 9th, 2021, 11:45 am

Thanks for the replied I will take a look.

Even by EU standards NL is quite restrictive :-)
As an investor you don’t realise how good we have it in the UK for products, tax breaks and platforms - until you leave

Return to “International & Expat Investors”