Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

bitcoin

Any other investment discussions eg. peer to peer lending
geoff1309

bitcoin

Postby geoff1309 » December 3rd, 2020, 3:09 am

I watched an interesting discussion on Bloomberg the other day on bitcoin and the investment guru was very upbeat on bitcoin. I have some spare cash and was tempted to invest a small amount but am not to savvy to risk this but would like to know if there is an IT or fund that covers this as the risk I think would be lower, I know the majority on this board do not like bitcoin but a small punt within an IT or fund would be tempting, any thoughts would be most welcome, thanks

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Re: bitcoin

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » December 3rd, 2020, 1:12 pm

Geoff,

When lockdown is over I'd strongly suggest you take the money and spend a day at the races. You'll have much more fun and and also get a breath of fresh air.

The question I always ask about "investment guru's" is why do they need to tell us how to make money. Why don't they simply make some of their own, buy a racecourse, sit back and relax?

If you don't understand Bitcoin and I would suggest most really don't then I don't think you should consider investing in it.

Sorry I couldn't be more upbeat about the subject.

AiY

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » December 3rd, 2020, 7:17 pm

Since the OP has asked a straight question, a straight answer seems to be in order. Yes, there's a fund called the XBT Provider Bitcoin Tracker (https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-sear ... acker-euro), which has done predictably nicely since the spring.

But will it spread the risk? I doubt it. It's domiciled in Sweden, I think, and it's an exchange traded note, and AIUI it isn't secured by any of the normal regulatory parachutes, and some UK platforms won't let you trade it. Do your homework, and then take a long cold shower until the feeling goes away. :D

BJ

Midsmartin
Lemon Slice

Postby Midsmartin » December 3rd, 2020, 8:25 pm

If you really want bitcoin it's not hard to get yourself some.
Coinfloor.co.uk appear to be in the UK of you want to try.

I can't help thinking that right now may be a bad time to buy in a big way. But I am often wrong.

Return to “Other Investing”