Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Psychedelics in the US

Medical related share discussion
StockBee

Psychedelics in the US

Postby StockBee » April 22nd, 2021, 10:21 pm

Recently the FDA has been green-lighting research with psilocybin. From what I have read, this research has had some pretty positive results with addiction, stress, and PTSD. Do you think that if psilocybin gets full FDA approval that we could see a bullish trend in the medical sector in the US? Are you already looking or watching companies involved in this sort of research?

Cheers

Sorcery
Lemon Quarter

Re: Psychedelics in the US

Postby Sorcery » May 20th, 2021, 8:49 pm

StockBee wrote:Recently the FDA has been green-lighting research with psilocybin. From what I have read, this research has had some pretty positive results with addiction, stress, and PTSD. Do you think that if psilocybin gets full FDA approval that we could see a bullish trend in the medical sector in the US? Are you already looking or watching companies involved in this sort of research?

Cheers

My nephew in law goes to Wales every year to have his annual psilocybin "fix". Like all the hallucinogens, not addictive.
The problem as an investment proposition is that if you can pick them for free (and long may be that the case), how does the business make money. Doubtless a company will make all kinds of fluffy promises about reliable consistent doses but even assuming they could, why bother when the stuff is free? Which reminds me I need to get an identification course from my nephew in law.
Certainly there seems to be increasing recognition that hallucinogens are pretty effective at relieving/curing depression.

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » May 20th, 2021, 9:27 pm

This may be of interest:

The Psychology of the Psychedelics | Roland Griffiths - Jordan B Peterson Podcast - S4 E20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGIP-3Q-p_s

RC

Sorcery
Lemon Quarter

Postby Sorcery » May 20th, 2021, 10:58 pm

ReformedCharacter wrote:This may be of interest:

The Psychology of the Psychedelics | Roland Griffiths - Jordan B Peterson Podcast - S4 E20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGIP-3Q-p_s

RC

That's a hell of ask at roughly 2.5 hours. Think I would rather go mushroom hunting at night and the watch it ;-)

Return to “Pharmaceuticals & Bio-Pharma”