Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

AZN Announcement

Medical related share discussion
idpickering
The full Lemon

AZN Announcement

Postby idpickering » February 17th, 2017, 7:10 am

LYNPARZA MEETS PRIMARY ENDPOINT IN PHASE III TRIAL IN BRCA-MUTATED METASTATIC BREAST CANCER

"AstraZeneca today announced positive results from its Phase III OLYMPIAD trial comparing Lynparza (olaparib) tablets (300mg twice daily) to physician's choice of a standard of care chemotherapy in the treatment of patients with HER2-negative metastatic breast cancer harbouring germline BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations. Patients treated with Lynparza showed a statistically-significant and clinically-meaningful improvement in progression-free survival (PFS) compared with those who received chemotherapy (capecitabine, vinorelbine or eribulin)."

http://www.investegate.co.uk/astrazenec ... 00061622X/

Moderator Message:
Moved from HYP Practical, shadow left on board. Raptor.

grimer
2 Lemon pips

Re: AZN Announcement

Postby grimer » February 18th, 2017, 12:21 am

I don't really know enough about cancer treatment to determine the implications for AZN's bottom line, but 'better survival chances than chemo' certainly sounds promising - for the both the bottom line and society in general. I hope this translates into a successful life saving drug and profits flow as a well deserved consequence.

Stella365

Re: AZN Announcement

Postby Stella365 » November 15th, 2018, 9:35 pm

People deserve a better cancer treatment than chemotherapy. I hope the solution is found as soon as possible.

Return to “Pharmaceuticals & Bio-Pharma”