Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to ErroneousBee,GSVsowhat,Shelford,Hypster,Wasron, for Donating to support the site

Jeremy Grantham says US market is now in bubble phase

Stocks and Shares ISA , Choosing funds for ISA's, risk factors for funds etc
Investment strategy discussions not dealt with elsewhere.
ReallyVeryFoolish
Lemon Quarter

Re: Jeremy Grantham says US market is now in bubble phase

Postby ReallyVeryFoolish » January 12th, 2021, 8:58 am

dealtn wrote:
ReallyVeryFoolish wrote:
simoan wrote:I assume the FT are referring to Howard Marks latest memo which was released today: https://www.oaktreecapital.com/docs/def ... -value.pdf

Always worth a read IMHO.

All the best, Si

Indeed, I didn't post a link to FT due to paywall. Anyone interested can Google for the FT article, usually anyway. I think.

RVF

Possibly (it never seems to work for me) but why go to a report of what is being said when you can go directly to the source? It will be rare when a reporters view on what an author is saying is better value than what the author is saying himself I would think.

Agreed. But without FT reporter, I would never have known of the report's existence.

RVF

dealtn
Lemon Quarter

Postby dealtn » January 12th, 2021, 9:03 am

ReallyVeryFoolish wrote:
dealtn wrote:
ReallyVeryFoolish wrote:Indeed, I didn't post a link to FT due to paywall. Anyone interested can Google for the FT article, usually anyway. I think.

RVF

Possibly (it never seems to work for me) but why go to a report of what is being said when you can go directly to the source? It will be rare when a reporters view on what an author is saying is better value than what the author is saying himself I would think.

Agreed. But without FT reporter, I would never have known of the report's existence.

RVF

Maybe I am not expressing myself clearly. I am not denying that, and the FT has done a great job in bringing it to the attention of a wider audience. It is rather the suggestion for anyone interested to google the FT article. I am saying anyone interested after you have brought it to their attention after you found the article and shared its existence with us, should google the Howard Marks article, not the FT one.

Go to the source, not a report about the source.

simoan
Lemon Slice

Postby simoan » January 12th, 2021, 9:30 am

ReallyVeryFoolish wrote:
dealtn wrote:
ReallyVeryFoolish wrote:Indeed, I didn't post a link to FT due to paywall. Anyone interested can Google for the FT article, usually anyway. I think.

RVF

RVF

I always read Howard Marks memo's - they are required reading for me and many others, including Warren Buffett supposedly. Hence the FT referencing them. You can subscribe to them here: https://www.oaktreecapital.com/insights ... arks-memos

Having said that, I thought his latest memo was one of the weakest I've read for ages because quite unusually it didn't really offer any new perspectives or tell me anything I didn't already know. Quite a revelation that he seems happy his son has invested in crypto though!

All the best, Si

Return to “Investment Strategies”