Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

extremely passive buy and forget investor

Stocks and Shares ISA , Choosing funds for ISA's, risk factors for funds etc
Investment strategy discussions not dealt with elsewhere.
valueinvestor123
Lemon Pip

Re: extremely passive buy and forget investor

Postby valueinvestor123 » May 28th, 2020, 11:43 am

vagrantbrain wrote:Maybe having a bit of an indignant strop and muttering about fraud or theft might concentrate minds?

If you've got a couple hundred shares mainly from the FTSE 350, and don't have much interest in micromanaging your portfolio, perhaps a FTSE350 tracker would be a simpler option? It'd certainly make issues like errant corporate actions someone elses problem!

Could be. But yield will be a lot lower over hand picked shares. My portfolio yield is currently around 5.75%.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Re: extremely passive buy and forget investor

Postby kempiejon » May 28th, 2020, 12:32 pm

valueinvestor123 wrote:
vagrantbrain wrote:Maybe having a bit of an indignant strop and muttering about fraud or theft might concentrate minds?

If you've got a couple hundred shares mainly from the FTSE 350, and don't have much interest in micromanaging your portfolio, perhaps a FTSE350 tracker would be a simpler option? It'd certainly make issues like errant corporate actions someone elses problem!

Could be. But yield will be a lot lower over hand picked shares. My portfolio yield is currently around 5.75%.

Leaving lower yielders from the indexes out of your portfolio will obviously give a higher yield than the market. My portfolio has been selected for yield from mostly FTSE350 and last year was offering me 5% but I'm expecting that might halve this year. Still so would any tracker.

Return to “Investment Strategies”