Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

The 2 stock portfolio.

Stocks and Shares ISA , Choosing funds for ISA's, risk factors for funds etc
Investment strategy discussions not dealt with elsewhere.
ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Re: The 2 stock portfolio.

Postby ReformedCharacter » July 5th, 2021, 2:39 pm

Pastcaring wrote:Real world time again,still never shatter the popular delusions though.

Remember the delusions always have been and always will be real.The facts and reality always have been and always will be wrong.

I'm confused about the meaning of this, What are the 'delusions always have been and always will be real'?

and which 'facts and reality always have been and always will be wrong'?

As I understand it, a 'delusion' is usually described as something which is false and not real and 'facts' are things known to be true. But you seem to be using these words to state that delusions are not false and facts are not true. Please could you could explain what you mean? It all sounds as if it might be paraphrasing something written in Alice in Wonderland.

RC

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » July 5th, 2021, 2:50 pm

ReformedCharacter wrote:
Pastcaring wrote:Real world time again,still never shatter the popular delusions though.

Remember the delusions always have been and always will be real.The facts and reality always have been and always will be wrong.

I'm confused about the meaning of this, What are the 'delusions always have been and always will be real'?

and which 'facts and reality always have been and always will be wrong'?

As I understand it, a 'delusion' is usually described as something which is false and not real and 'facts' are things known to be true. But you seem to be using these words to state that delusions are not false and facts are not true. Please could you could explain what you mean? It all sounds as if it might be paraphrasing something written in Alice in Wonderland.

RC

I think Pastcaring may be attempting irony.

Dod

murraypaul
Lemon Slice

Postby murraypaul » July 5th, 2021, 3:57 pm

Dod101 wrote:I think Pastcaring may be attempting irony.

Or possibly drunk?
I have no idea what their post was meant to be saying.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » July 5th, 2021, 9:13 pm

murraypaul wrote:

Or possibly drunk?

It has always been a trifle... obscure.

TUK020
Lemon Quarter

Postby TUK020 » July 6th, 2021, 7:48 am

murraypaul wrote:

Or possibly drunk?

Is "attempting irony" a new euphemism for being shitfaced?

Pastcaring
2 Lemon pips

Postby Pastcaring » January 2nd, 2022, 6:06 am

Too hot for a bike ride.Days of 40C + wear you down.
Shall we check in with reality,as if the herd would live in reality.Fantasy world is very important to them.

Not a bad 6 months,a return of 22.8% for the 6 months.Those pearls of stupidity on here "what is the point of facts" ,what indeed,denial is the only game in town.

Off we go with facts.Around 2/7/21 the portfolio had a gross value of$292K rounded and was going very well producing excellent returns .

So,as at 31/12/21 this has grown to $358,679..More than doubled your money in less than 4 years,great .

Pastcaring
2 Lemon pips

Postby Pastcaring » January 2nd, 2022, 6:41 am

Seems to be working,so,back to those awful facts .

40 shares were picked up in MQG (ASX).This took the total to 1167.
1167 X $205.40 = $239,701,not a bad 6 months for MQG.

They had a capital raising in early December.I think it was $6billion or so.Pension funds of course took up their share overnight,retail shareholders could get a maximum of $30K.I knew it would be undersubscribed by retail investors so I got the full $30K, 156 shares at approx $191.25 I think .The next shares under the DRP arrive in July and December again for 2022.

CBA ( ASX) had an average 6 months,they deliver shares using the DRP in September and March,so the next shares come 31/3/22 roughly.

CBA 1179 X $101 = $118,978.

More than doubled your money in less than 4 years,not a bad start for the 25 year plan of doing nothing at all.I have decades of experience of doing nothing at all,only because I can't work out how to do less than nothing .

So £ ZERO to £195,000 in less than 4 years@ $1 = 54.5p.See if the portfolio can reach £200K by 31/3/22 ,the next shares from CBA should arrive by then,I haven't checked the s/holder calendar.
Imagine,don't live in delusion land on fantasy world.Don't follow the crowd,keep as far away from the echo chamber as possible.
Wait for this one,it is unbelievable,facts actually do matter,they make you rich if you think for yourself.

Part 2 might come,it only makes the herd look even more dumb.Temperatures are forecast to drop to a very comfortable 34C,perfect weather to get those legs turning on the bike .Then hotter again and a return back to normal summer weather of 40C Wednesday onwards.

Meanwhile we had better run to the echo chamber in delusion land on fantasy world,keep telling ourselves denial is the only game in town,far more important truth ,facts and reality

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » January 2nd, 2022, 8:21 am

Whatever anyone thinks of the OP's style of writing the fact is that McQuarrie and no doubt CBA have a very good long term record, as indeed do the Canadian banks. It is our banks and in fact most of the European banks that are so awful.

I doubt that anyone but the OP that would hold a mere 2 stock portfolio and especially two banks, however good they may be.

Dod

CryptoPlankton
Lemon Slice

Postby CryptoPlankton » January 2nd, 2022, 10:52 am

Dod101 wrote:Whatever anyone thinks of the OP's style of writing the fact is that McQuarrie and no doubt CBA have a very good long term record, as indeed do the Canadian banks. It is our banks and in fact most of the European banks that are so awful.

I doubt that anyone but the OP that would hold a mere 2 stock portfolio and especially two banks, however good they may be.

Dod

Although the OP is only half as reckless (2 shares instead of one), it is very reminiscent of reading the supremely confident contributions of jimsusan on the old Motley Fool boards. (The obvious difference being the lack of hubris in jimsusan's engaging and eloquent writing, which meant you couldn't help feeling a little sympathy for him when it finally all came crashing down...)

CliffEdge
Lemon Quarter

Postby CliffEdge » January 2nd, 2022, 11:02 am

Is Passedcaring some kind of financial genius?

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » January 2nd, 2022, 12:09 pm

CryptoPlankton wrote:
Dod101 wrote:Whatever anyone thinks of the OP's style of writing the fact is that McQuarrie and no doubt CBA have a very good long term record, as indeed do the Canadian banks. It is our banks and in fact most of the European banks that are so awful.

Dod

Although the OP is only half as reckless (2 shares instead of one), it is very reminiscent of reading the supremely confident contributions of jimsusan on the old Motley Fool boards. (The obvious difference being the lack of hubris in jimsusan's engaging and eloquent writing, which meant you couldn't help feeling a little sympathy for him when it finally all came crashing down...)

I suspect that this has been raised on several occasions in the past but yes I agree with you.

Dod

Pastcaring
2 Lemon pips

Postby Pastcaring » January 20th, 2022, 2:40 am

Testing

Pastcaring
2 Lemon pips

Postby Pastcaring » January 20th, 2022, 3:33 am

I do enjoy a laugh.That infinite stupidity in the echo chamber,in delusion land ,on fantasy world.
Jimsusan bought shares in Lloyds bank , insert name of company here went bust.So in fantasy world does this prove that those 2 companies are going bust The infinite stupidity of don't buy buy them,they go bust overnight,you lose all your money,you lose you house,your dog elopes with the cat down the street and you never see it again To repeat,nothing will ever shatter those dumb delusions they want to believe in ,that madness/ insanity of crowds and group think.

Same question that was asked right at the start of how to make a million by doing nothing,apart from laughing at the herd of course.All companies in Australia are going bust,all banks are going bust,every company in the world will go bust,all because Jimsusan bought shares in Lloyds bank ?Which is it?You really have to wonder and laugh at the insanity and the popular delusions .I don't expect an answer from fantasy world,there are never any answers from fantasy world.

Now as was highlighted a few years ago WES: ASX,an excellent company to own,the Australian Berkshire Hathaway.At the AGM ( curtailed due to COVID that is virtually non existent here in WA) it was the usual friendly chat and a beer with the board.Who could fault them after such excellent returns forever .

While I have owned them since 1998 or 99 I don't check them,very happy with the board and board renewal .They just seem to get things right..Reading the annual report caused me to check the returns,they've doubled your money in the last 3 years .
I looked at the returns for the last 3 years after reading the chairman's message. Mick is usually good at common sense,which of course ain't common and totally wasted on here,and on 99% of the human race.

The chairman's message is on page 8 and 9 of the last annual report.Investing summed up perfectly in 2 paragraphs,delusions shattered.Oops no chance of those delusions . ever being shattered.

Well I can hear the herd being summoned back to the echo chamber,on delusion land,on fantasy world,the herd had better run to the chamber. Remember,at every opportunity keep repeating Jimsusan bought shares in Lloyds bank..This proves that the delusions are real and facts and reality just don't exist,and never have or will .

Imagine,investing is as simple as buying shares in quality companies.Who knew,who could believe it,who could even begin to believe it .

Crack on with those popular delusions and madness/ insanity shall we.

Remember,denial is the most important thing on fantasy world When denial stops the insanity and delusions disappear instantly

Pastcaring
2 Lemon pips

Postby Pastcaring » January 20th, 2022, 3:40 am

Ah the joys of getting older,I forgot.
The salesman said that too much diversification is just never enough The herd agreed,who would question it?

Who could believe that thinking for yourself would be any substitute for popular opinion?

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » January 20th, 2022, 6:53 am

I wonder what this guy takes? What is he trying to prove?

Dod

CryptoPlankton
Lemon Slice

Postby CryptoPlankton » January 20th, 2022, 6:56 am

Well, I'm finally sold on the idea - think I'll sell up everything that's providing me with a very comfortable retirement and buy a couple of Australian stocks instead. :roll:

Given what I imagine most people will think of these crazed tirades, I hope the OP genuinely is past caring...

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » January 20th, 2022, 7:17 am

He now reveals that in addition to the two banks, he also holds Wesfarmers which from a quick look at the Annual Report is based in Perth WA and does indeed look an attractive share. So that would make a three stock portfolio.

Dod

Pastcaring
2 Lemon pips

Postby Pastcaring » April 28th, 2022, 4:11 am

A quick update.

Dod I will point out again how important honesty is in investing .Something you and the vast majority of people are just not familiar with.Thinking is probably alongside that,no chance they will ever think .

Using this important principle of honesty how dumb and incompetent would you have to be to deny a two stock portfolio would be 2 stocks.The echo chamber on fantasy world is a great source of amusement for me,a wonderful example of the infinite stupidity of the human race..

As pointed out right at the start of how to make a million at low cost.Given the choice between compounding money and compounding stupidity,the herd will always choose to compound stupidity They detest facts and reality

Sooo,facts and reality,.

I know now that CBA has reached the 30 year milestone,the letter to shareholders enclosed with my DRP statement.I was never sure if it was a 1990. 91 or 92 start date. CommSec shareholder update into Google should take you there.A 2 page letter.

Tell me Dod,on your fantasy world how many pages would a 2 page letter have?
I digress,the letter tells you that the minimum purchase was 400 shares at a cost of $2160.Find out for yourself what that compounds to.The franking credit probably would not apply to the UK ,I think the UK had a similar system to avoid double taxation of dividends but I'm not sure.Who could imaging doing nothing for 30 years,apart from laughing at the herd of course Who could believe that compounding takes time.

The Wesfarmers compounding of course worked out at $1000 in 1984 grew to i$669K if I remember correctly.Of course thanks to whatever his name was ( something guess ?) we know how this happens,his experience of investing and what he was taught at University.Confirmation bias,survivorship bias and just pure luck,that's the secret.How the hell anybody can repeat that rubbish every day for an entire lifetime is beyond me The fools that refuse to see their own folly..
Spare a $guv,entire lifetime guv,every day I had no luck at all guv.You"re rich,you obviously been very lucky every day,spare a $ guv.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » April 28th, 2022, 6:19 am

Pastcaring wrote:
The fools that refuse to see their own folly...

Amen to that...

Itsallaguess

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » April 28th, 2022, 8:10 am

I still wonder what this guy is on?

Dod

Return to “Investment Strategies”