Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Moving Cash Lifetime ISA to S & S Lifetime ISA

Stocks and Shares ISA , Choosing funds for ISA's, risk factors for funds etc
Investment strategy discussions not dealt with elsewhere.
wolvokid

Moving Cash Lifetime ISA to S & S Lifetime ISA

Postby wolvokid » February 23rd, 2021, 9:12 pm

Please excuse my first post here being a query/request for some advice/guidance.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read through this.

My 24 year old daughter who is much more cautious than me has just under £20,000 in a Cash Lifetime ISA, which is not going to produce huge rewards.

I have persuaded her to switch into a Stocks & Shares LISA (haven't decided which platform yet).

I think it would be wise to look for 4 Funds/ETFs into which to place £5000 each. We are already looking at some Vanguard ETFs (e.g.VWRL) and some ITs (Scottish Mortgage, Fundsmith, CGT, MYI)

My question is - in your experience(s) - what might be some funds to research which would

a) offer her a range from the defensive through to the slightly adventurous to maximise growth opportunities.
b) provide a bedrock for continuing investment and branching out into further funds to diversify over the years she is able to continue paying in to it
c) keep costs to a minimum

Best Wishes,
David

TUK020
Lemon Quarter

Re: Moving Cash Lifetime ISA to S & S Lifetime ISA

Postby TUK020 » February 24th, 2021, 9:01 am

When I was investigating S&S LISAs for my kids, I found there was very little in the way of accounts on offer, and wound up with Hargreaves Landsdown for them (also where I have my SIPP).

As for investments, it depends on your time horizon, but this IT Investor table is worth looking at
https://www.itinvestor.co.uk/2020/06/20 ... -compared/

wolvokid

Re: Moving Cash Lifetime ISA to S & S Lifetime ISA

Postby wolvokid » February 24th, 2021, 1:07 pm

TUK020 wrote:When I was investigating S&S LISAs for my kids, I found there was very little in the way of accounts on offer, and wound up with Hargreaves Landsdown for them (also where I have my SIPP).

As for investments, it depends on your time horizon, but this IT Investor table is worth looking at

Thankyou.
David

Return to “Investment Strategies”