Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Growth Stock Investing

Stocks and Shares ISA , Choosing funds for ISA's, risk factors for funds etc
Investment strategy discussions not dealt with elsewhere.
robertbanking
Lemon Pip

Growth Stock Investing

Postby robertbanking » September 21st, 2023, 11:33 am

Hello you very intelligent and amazing people that make up these forums. I sincerely hope you are having a pleasant week and doing well.

I have been doing some research and i have found that Growth Stocks have had the greatest increases over the years and Growth Stock investing can be very lucrative. However alot of diligent research needs to be done on the company, such as are management trustworthy, how much debt the company has and a full analysis of the company’s Annual Report. As i understand these stocks can be more volatile.

I very kindly wondered please if anyone could share any growth stocks they are watching or invested in, that they feel has excellent prospects, whether thats a small capitalisation or large capitalisation stock? This would really help me with my continued research and i could kindly review the stocks mentioned further. If anyone could please help me with this i would be forever thankful for your support it would mean the world to me.

Sending you lots of good wishes and i truly hope you have a wonderful life. Thanks to all the wonderful members on this forum you are all amazing with the wonderful content you share. All the very best to you and take care.

ADrunkenMarcus
Lemon Quarter

Re: Growth Stock Investing

Postby ADrunkenMarcus » September 21st, 2023, 2:19 pm

robertbanking wrote:I very kindly wondered please if anyone could share any growth stocks they are watching or invested in, that they feel has excellent prospects, whether thats a small capitalisation or large capitalisation stock?

Evolution AB NPV (Swedish)*
Mastercard (USA)*
ASML (Netherlands)
Fortinet (USA)
Paycom (USA)

Best wishes

Mark.

* Held currently.

Adamski
Lemon Quarter

Postby Adamski » September 21st, 2023, 2:37 pm

Anyway, predictions super difficult. Woodford was the thing, until it wasn't. Then Scottish Mortgage. Every so often tech crashes. Then it was bitcoin and Tesla. Then they crashed. Tesla made a come back, doubled this year but if EVs growth slows up, Tesla will crash again.

So I'd say, slow and steady is best long term.

robertbanking
Lemon Pip

Postby robertbanking » September 22nd, 2023, 4:20 pm

ADrunkenMarcus wrote:
robertbanking wrote:I very kindly wondered please if anyone could share any growth stocks they are watching or invested in, that they feel has excellent prospects, whether thats a small capitalisation or large capitalisation stock?

Evolution AB NPV (Swedish)*
Mastercard (USA)*
ASML (Netherlands)
Fortinet (USA)
Paycom (USA)

Best wishes

Mark.

* Held currently.

Thank you so much for your response Mark that was very kind of you. I really do appreciate your support very much, you are a wonderful person.

I think out of your list ASML (Netherlands) seems a very clever investment, especially with the Artificial Intelligence craze. Designing and creating the lithography machines that are an essential component in chip manufacturing. I really appreciate your list to further my research into growth stocks, i will look into the financials of these company's to get an idea of how they are run and about the management.

Sending you lots of good wishes Mark and i truly hope you become massively successful with your investing. Thanks for taking the time to reply to me, it really helps when you are fairly new to investing and constantly learning about new investing ideas. All the very best to you.

doug2500
Lemon Slice

Postby doug2500 » September 24th, 2023, 12:03 pm

I sort of agree with Adamski, but also disagree a bit. Trying to pick the next big winner is too difficult and you're asking to fail.

But growth is an important attribute of any stock for capital gain. Even mature stocks, income stocks if you will, need some growth otherwise they're shrinking.

Personally I'm trying to find decent stocks, probably with above average growth but not the sort of things that will double next year. I'd be delighted with stocks that compound at 15% over the long term. As long as you don't pay too much that will give you a creditable result over an investing lifetime, without the sleepless nights associated with really hot stocks.

What I've been buying recently (Not recommendations)
Equals
IG Group
Impax
Polar capital holdings
Gamma Communications
Spirent Communications
And a tiny bit of Cerillion and Goodwin

It is quite possible some of these are ex growth and will never recover their former status, but I've put my money on that not being the case.

FWIW I'm pretty tolerant of short term price action and drawdowns so these won't be for everyone, and they're just part of my portfolio which also includes the likes of Fundsmith.

ADrunkenMarcus
Lemon Quarter

Postby ADrunkenMarcus » September 26th, 2023, 11:55 pm

robertbanking wrote:Sending you lots of good wishes Mark and i truly hope you become massively successful with your investing.

Thank you. To you, too.

Best wishes

Mark.

minnow

Postby minnow » October 17th, 2023, 7:41 pm

"Growth Stocks have had the greatest increases over the years". I'm not sure the evidence bears that out. Eg, see this article : https://www.dimensional.com/us-en/insig ... alues-side. Cheap "value" stocks have beaten growth over the long run. The reason is (probably) that most investors want to get rich quick, so they all pile into tech or whatever else has been in the news lately. Result : they overpay for future cashflows, and end up trailing the wider market.

Return to “Investment Strategies”