Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

How did they go.Insanity and fanatical denialism

Stocks and Shares ISA , Choosing funds for ISA's, risk factors for funds etc
Investment strategy discussions not dealt with elsewhere.
Pastcaring
2 Lemon pips

How did they go.Insanity and fanatical denialism

Postby Pastcaring » July 5th, 2022, 3:58 am

So,one year later.The neverending idiots chorus and fanatical denialism.
A simple question is asked,never ask the crowd anything,you know what the answer is going to be.Never follow the crowd .The idiots chorus kicks in,don't do it,you'll lose all your money,you could lose everything .
The company in question was obviously a good company and as I said,no reason at all not to buy shares in it.
I think the guy or gal was an employee of the company and they have an employee share purchase plan.

Off we go.Computershare CPU. ASX ,you need leverage,$ cost averaging is dumb.

The share price was $16 give or take a few cents .Borrow $16K.The dumb money of 'save as much as you can every month,give it to the salesman every month'.Really dumb.The money you are going to give to the salesman every month,use it to pay off the loan every month.Pay it off as fast as you can.

1/7/22 CPU closed at $24.85,give or take a few cents.As a low yielding stock and using the DRP the shareholding will double over a longer period of time than would be normal for the run of the mill ASX company.
Yielding 2.5% your shareholding grew from 1000 shares to 1025 over the year.
Work it out for yourself 1025 X $24.85.. The return for the year is 59%.Quality companies should always be left alone to compound Compounding should never be interrupted,laugh at the the stupidity of top slice,rebalance,rebalance annually etc.
The numbers I like ,CPU has a very small number of shareholders,37,000 in a country of 26 million,work it out for yourself.The shareholders that have a holding of between 1000 and 5000 is 14000.

What shall we do,think for ourselves and be one of those 14000,wouldn't that be silly.The echo chamber on fantasy world calls,the noise is deafening'that's the place to be.
Good choice cobber,way to go,good call.A lifetime of insanity and fanatical denialism.

CliffEdge
Lemon Quarter

Re: How did they go.Insanity and fanatical denialism

Postby CliffEdge » July 5th, 2022, 8:58 am

I hope everything is ok where you are mate.

Return to “Investment Strategies”