Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Eurosport subscription offer

On road, off road, Mamils, Club rides or just share your routes and tips
NotSure
Lemon Slice

Eurosport subscription offer

Postby NotSure » March 10th, 2021, 5:02 pm

For those who (like me) enjoy watching ad-free professional road cycling, a year's subscription to Eurosport can currently be obtained for £19.99. They seem to cover pretty well all the stage and day races, and commentary is often very good.

stooz
Site Admin

Re: Eurosport subscription offer

Postby stooz » May 11th, 2021, 5:16 pm

I saw this on the adverts and im tempted - I do enjoy watching the highlight shows I get on ITV4.
My only issue is would I really have tie to watch endless hours without any "action" and would I overdoes to the point of loosing interest?

plenty of other on demand viewing as well I see.

BigB
Lemon Slice

Postby BigB » May 12th, 2021, 10:11 am

stooz wrote:I saw this on the adverts and im tempted - I do enjoy watching the highlight shows I get on ITV4.
My only issue is would I really have tie to watch endless hours without any "action" and would I overdoes to the point of loosing interest?

plenty of other on demand viewing as well I see.

Having stage racing on all day in the background is a bit like listening to Test match cricket. You get a broader perspective than what is generally in the highlights, and you can dip in and out for [very] interesting bits as they evolve i.e. watching eschelons sections and attacks, or big attacks 3 climbs out for whatever reason (GC battle, Sagan to drop the sprinters etc..). And yes you can ignore it for hours when the above is not happening....

I have the Giro on in the background this week....

I still watch highlights shows, and ITV4 do great packaging.

B

MaraMan
Lemon Slice

Postby MaraMan » May 12th, 2021, 12:24 pm

Yes I enjoy the bike racing on eurosport, apart from one thing. I know Sean Kelly had a legendary career as a pro cyclist but I just can't abide his commentary. I have though come to enjoy Carlton Kirby's stream of consciousness random commentary, but it took a while.

I do though prefer ITV 4 for the Grand Tours and classics that they cover.

MM

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » May 12th, 2021, 1:02 pm

I subscribed to Eurosport about three years ago just to watch tennis. I have never subscribed to any other sports site or service. Within a few days I noticed I was getting spammed by other sports sites, including Wembley Stadium. I complained to Wembley Stadium because at the time there was no unsubscribe option from their spam. The spam continued so I called them on the phone and was told that my details would be removed from their system. They weren't and the spam continued. Eventually I had to threaten them with legal action. Thanks Eurosport for selling my details :roll:

RC

Return to “Cycling”