Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

A book about You

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
Gnome3

A book about You

Postby Gnome3 » April 3rd, 2024, 5:13 am

I'm a long-term investor dating back to the Motley Fool days. I now mostly frequent the Stockopedia board but I occasionally drop in to this site to read some of the topics. I thought that people here might be interested in a novel that I recently published on Amazon's Kindle platform. It's called, Pigs Get Slaughtered by A.D. Vaughan. It's a crime story told from the perspective of a private investor in London. I'm sure there are elements of the story that will resonate with readers here and, as far as I'm aware, it's one of very few novels about the world of private investing. The e-book and paperback are very reasonably priced at the moment and I even narrated an audiobook for those that prefer a more hands-free experience. Please take a look, and if you choose to read it, I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts.
Many thanks.

Dicky99
Lemon Slice

Re: A book about You

Postby Dicky99 » April 3rd, 2024, 5:25 pm

Gnome3 wrote: it's one of very few novels about the world of private investing.

I can't for the life of me imagine why :D

Gnome3

Postby Gnome3 » April 4th, 2024, 6:36 am

LOL. Dicky, this book could give you a whole new view of yourself. :D

Gnome3

Postby Gnome3 » April 20th, 2024, 2:59 am

Well, we've got passed 1,000 reads but I'm not sure anyone on this site has actually read the book yet. I was hoping we could generate some discussion around it. Maybe the reason is that I didn't include a link last time. Please have a look. hTTps://mybook.to/PigsGetSlaughtered
I've plugged it on Stockopedia and about 20-odd people have read it. The feedback has been very positive. i'm sure TheOX won't mind me copying in his comments from yesterday,

"I just wanted to plug ‘Pigs get Slaughtered’ by AD Vaughan, I’ve just finished it and really enjoyed it, a fast-paced financial thriller with romance, murder, insider trading and the protagonist a professional trader! Highly recommended and written by one of our own, and of course part of the proceeds given over to charity! When’s the sequel?"

Return to “Books and Reading”