Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Human alien interactions

Scientific discovery and discussion
odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Re: Human alien interactions

Postby odysseus2000 » August 2nd, 2023, 2:32 pm

mc2fool

No, people saying they'd seen an unidentified flying object were making a simple statement of fact. It was the ones that made the leap into claiming that they were alien spaceships that were considered cranks -- and they have not (as yet) been shown to be right!

This is incorrect.

Until recently when the US government acknowledge that UAP are real, there was a general belief that UAP were just bad observations or human tech mistakenly identified.

This has now changed and there is now a consensus that there are things in the air of our planet that are not of human origin.

It is not a universal belief and Neil deGrass Tyson still believes there is nothing that can not be explained as human or natural in the sky.

This is a huge change.

Scientifically with a new discovery one creates and hypothesis to describe it. So what is/are your(s)?

Regards,

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » August 2nd, 2023, 2:37 pm

CliffEdge wrote:
odysseus2000 wrote:
Not at all.

If you think I am wrong then fine.

I am not here to tell anyone what to think.

If you can find evidence that shows I am wrong, then even better.

Similarly if I don’t agree with you I will likely say so & why, but the why may only be circumstantial, an inference drawn from my studies.

This is a huge field, full of potential charlatans & bereft of hard evidence. One can either ignore it all & wait for confirmation or dismissal or one can peruse the many accounts & attempt to gain understanding. The most difficult things to evaluate are from those who are not articulate but had some kind of observation or experience. It is easy to dismiss such folk, but an ensemble with similar claims becomes more likely indicative of something or of deliberate seeding of misinformation.

Not so long ago anyone saying they had seen a ufo was dismissed as a crank. Now those cranks have been shown to be right.

Regards,

Right about what? You try to present yourself as an objective, open minded inquirer after the truth. You fail.
Your basic belief is that UFOs are aliens. You try to hide that this where you are coming from but you don't succeed.
I suspect that all your posts on all your threads are a waste of Fools' time. Make them more humorous and I'd enjoy them more and they'd have more value. If you find that difficult, and I know that it can be for some people, at least try. You will gain respect for trying.

Do you believe UAP do not exist? Or do you believe they are natural phenomenon or what?

I appreciate that having to deal with facts and observations and make estimated potential explanations is very difficult for many people who are wedded to some belief or other, but perhaps you could try.

Regards,

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » August 2nd, 2023, 2:56 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:
mc2fool

No, people saying they'd seen an unidentified flying object were making a simple statement of fact. It was the ones that made the leap into claiming that they were alien spaceships that were considered cranks -- and they have not (as yet) been shown to be right!

This is incorrect.

Until recently when the US government acknowledge that UAP are real, there was a general belief that UAP were just bad observations or human tech mistakenly identified.

This has now changed and there is now a consensus that there are things in the air of our planet that are not of human origin.

consensus
noun: consensus; plural noun: consensuses

a general agreement.

It seems we don't have a consensus on the meaning of the word consensus. :roll:

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » August 2nd, 2023, 3:12 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:This has now changed and there is now a consensus that there are things in the air of our planet that are not of human origin.

Codswallop.

Scott.

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » August 2nd, 2023, 3:16 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:Do you believe UAP do not exist? Or do you believe they are natural phenomenon or what?

I appreciate that having to deal with facts and observations and make estimated potential explanations is very difficult for many people who are wedded to some belief or other, but perhaps you could try.

Regards,

To be honest I don't know what to believe, I try to keep an open mind. At least with the recent Grush 'revelations' and the Congress hearing which seemed to be made up of people who believe in a cover-up, the chance of the truth being uncovered (whatever that is) seems to have become more likely and either the whole subject will calm down - or new information will be uncovered. It does seem that the whole subject has become much more prominent recently which is probably a good thing.

RC

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » August 2nd, 2023, 3:17 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:Until recently when the US government acknowledge that UAP are real, there was a general belief that UAP were just bad observations or human tech mistakenly identified.

But what is meant by "UAP are real"? UAP being "real" just means there are UAP, as far as I am concerned. Doesn't say anything about what they are or what is behind the phenomenon.

odysseus2000 wrote:This has now changed and there is now a consensus that there are things in the air of our planet that are not of human origin.

Is there? Who says there is such a consensus? (Of course, there could still be unknown natural, terrestrial phenomenon)

odysseus2000 wrote:Scientifically with a new discovery one creates and hypothesis to describe it. So what is/are your(s)?

Mine is the same as it has long been. They are, IMO, essentially a phenomenon of human culture and psychology. To me, the best analogy remains poltergeist phenomenon. Do I believe in the poltergeist phenomenon? Yes I do. Do I believe in poltergeists, no I don't.

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » August 2nd, 2023, 3:33 pm

swill453 wrote:

Codswallop.

Scott.

So the US Congress and DoD are spending a lot of money researching UAP because they think they don't exist and are no threat to the US?

Regards,

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » August 2nd, 2023, 3:36 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:So the US Congress and DoD are spending a lot of money researching UAP because they think they don't exist and are no threat to the US?

I'd imagine they would be researching with an open mind.

Scott.

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » August 2nd, 2023, 4:15 pm

What I find amusing is the fact that the number of people with smartphones in their hands has gone from zero to perhaps several billion in the last 20 years. They will film anything and post it on their favourite social media site.

So wouldn't we expect the photos and films of ghost/poltergeist/UFO/Alien sightings etc to increase by at least a fraction of that. Say a few million at least?

Hasn't happened.

Steve

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » August 2nd, 2023, 4:21 pm

stevensfo wrote:So wouldn't we expect the photos and films of ghost/poltergeist/UFO/Alien sightings etc to increase by at least a fraction of that. Say a few million at least?

And in full HD, rather than grainy Box Brownie style.

Scott.

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Postby GoSeigen » August 2nd, 2023, 6:20 pm

XFool wrote:
odysseus2000 wrote:Scientifically with a new discovery one creates and hypothesis to describe it. So what is/are your(s)?

Mine is the same as it has long been. They are, IMO, essentially a phenomenon of human culture and psychology. To me, the best analogy remains poltergeist phenomenon. Do I believe in the poltergeist phenomenon? Yes I do. Do I believe in poltergeists, no I don't.

Or race/racism. Do I believe in racism? Yes I do. Do I believe in race? No I don't.

GS

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » August 2nd, 2023, 6:59 pm

swill453 wrote:
stevensfo wrote:So wouldn't we expect the photos and films of ghost/poltergeist/UFO/Alien sightings etc to increase by at least a fraction of that. Say a few million at least?

And in full HD, rather than grainy Box Brownie style.

Scott.

The resolution of a system is 1.22x(landa/(lens diameter)

Where landa is the wave length.

For a smartphone the diameter of the lens is only about 3 mm, so the resolution for a distant object is poor. Try identifying a high flying bird with a smart phone - near impossible.

By contrast the military have images with large diameter objectives & hence good resolution, but they will not release them and put a lot of effort into making sure such images from military equipment are gathered in & the personnel are then given a severe briefing about keeping their mouth shut. This is such a trouble that most military destroy any images & about 95% are lost.

Regards,

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » August 3rd, 2023, 1:30 am

Captain Kirk on UAP (4 mins 55). His Star Fleet career seems to have done him good:

https://youtu.be/CbL6iRkTvz0

Regards,

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » August 3rd, 2023, 2:07 am

odysseus2000 wrote: the military have images with large diameter objectives & hence good resolution, but they will not release them and put a lot of effort into making sure such images from military equipment are gathered in & the personnel are then given a severe briefing about keeping their mouth shut. This is such a trouble that most military destroy any images & about 95% are lost.

Is the evidence for this capture and destruction the fact that these images do not exist? ergo. they must have been destroyed?

Asking for my mate Bill Occam

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » August 3rd, 2023, 10:08 am

Destroying of evidence (circa 5 minutes):

https://youtu.be/qjWMSIpCfUk

Intimidation of witness as told by a congressman (circa 5 minutes):

https://youtu.be/cz9qzSMKEdc

Regards,

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » August 3rd, 2023, 10:13 am

odysseus2000 wrote:Destroying of evidence (circa 5 minutes):

So, more people saying stuff. Or saying somebody else told them stuff...

This is definitely a phenomenon!

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » August 3rd, 2023, 10:31 am

Regards,

While I'm glad that the UAP phenomena are being discussed 'officially', when I watched the congressional hearing I was surprised how many of the attendees seemed to consist of those who had already made their minds up that there are both cover-ups and alien vehicles in existence, such as the congressman in the second link. It didn't seem like a rational investigation by open minded and suitably sceptical participants.

RC

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » August 3rd, 2023, 11:51 am

ReformedCharacter wrote:

Regards,

While I'm glad that the UAP phenomena are being discussed 'officially', when I watched the congressional hearing I was surprised how many of the attendees seemed to consist of those who had already made their minds up that there are both cover-ups and alien vehicles in existence, such as the congressman in the second link. It didn't seem like a rational investigation by open minded and suitably sceptical participants.

RC

There is a view that all of this is one big distraction exercise & that in the by & by DoD will open up & nothing will be found & it will all be forgotten.

Another view is that all of these delays are being put in place to allow hiding & moving of evidence from the sites that Grusch has divulged in secret session & then when these sites are finally open there is nothing & the whole business is forgotten.

Another view is that the regularly seen sphere are part of the gate keeper exercise for the maintenance of the space- time user interface that is built upon some under lying reality as in the ideas of Hoffman & that the gate keepers of this reality do not wish humans to have knowledge of it.

Then there are the alien, multiverse & associated non human intelligence ideas.

Then there are the, it is all instrumental & illusions & there is nothing to any of it but gullible human minds, very like the Uri-Geller spoon bending stuff.

NASA are one of the most skeptical of the players in this drama & they should report soon.

Then there is the alien infiltration of humanity & what we are seeing is alien farming of the human species. There was an episode of the Twi-light zone where aliens came & sorted out the human food chain & everyone was happy & then some one found an alien book that was a cookbook with human ingredients.

… and many many others.

If hard evidence is discovered then everything changes, but until then it is a mystery that even Sherlock Holmes would find hard to fathom.

Regards,

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » August 3rd, 2023, 12:28 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:There is a view that all of this is one big distraction exercise & that in the by & by DoD will open up & nothing will be found & it will all be forgotten.

Another view is that all of these delays are being put in place to allow hiding & moving of evidence from the sites that Grusch has divulged in secret session & then when these sites are finally open there is nothing & the whole business is forgotten.

Taking those two together, there is thus no way out of the UAP rabbit hole.

odysseus2000 wrote:Another view is that the regularly seen sphere are part of the gate keeper exercise for the maintenance of the space- time user interface that is built upon some under lying reality as in the ideas of Hoffman & that the gate keepers of this reality do not wish humans to have knowledge of it.

Then there are the alien, multiverse & associated non human intelligence ideas.

There are always fantasies.

odysseus2000 wrote:Then there are the, it is all instrumental & illusions & there is nothing to any of it but gullible human minds, very like the Uri-Geller spoon bending stuff.

Gets my vote!

odysseus2000 wrote:If hard evidence is discovered then everything changes, but until then it is a mystery that even Sherlock Holmes would find hard to fathom.

Quite so.

But then, if it all just fantasy or illusion, no hard evidence will ever appear.

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » August 3rd, 2023, 12:45 pm

Xfool

Quite so.

But then, if it all just fantasy or illusion, no hard evidence will ever appear

Correct!

In this case folk will get to carry on making money from their various takes on the story.

There are potential ways out of this:

1) DoD releases the detailed information they have in optical, infra red & visible & it confirms or otherwise the verbal stories.

2) The sky 360 citizen funded all sky observatories or the equivalent Galileo kit finds some thing & this confirms or otherwise the story.

3) Another group, such as the astronomers in Kiev, obtain definitive data via their high speed cameras or otherwise that solves the puzzle.

4)…

In the end it will be observations that dictate the direction this all goes.

Regards,

Return to “Science”