Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh, for Donating to support the site

Human alien interactions

Scientific discovery and discussion
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: Human alien interactions

Postby Itsallaguess » May 6th, 2022, 10:05 pm

XFool wrote:
I have this 'theory' - let's call it the XFool Effect

A modern-day phenomenon that we can all regularly experience and agree on without the need for sophisticated sensors...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 6th, 2022, 11:52 pm

Isn't it funny how, on TLF, you can seemingly always rely on somebody to come along and barf on the thread?

If it's not the one, it's the other...

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » May 7th, 2022, 6:37 am

odysseus2000 wrote:
All the early reports might have been hoax, but if so most of the military all over the world spent a fortune investigating hoax and writing reports.

A lot of the analysis looks like deliberate misinformation designed to sow doubt and uncertainty into as many minds as possible.

If this is true what are they trying to hide?

Are we properly able to tell the difference between 'investigating a hoax' and 'investigating the possibility of enhanced human-enemy military capability'?

I suspect not, and I also suspect that the inability to do so is one of the primary reasons for the ongoing proliferation of UFO-based conspiracy theories...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » May 7th, 2022, 10:16 am

Itsallaguess wrote:
odysseus2000 wrote:
All the early reports might have been hoax, but if so most of the military all over the world spent a fortune investigating hoax and writing reports.

A lot of the analysis looks like deliberate misinformation designed to sow doubt and uncertainty into as many minds as possible.

If this is true what are they trying to hide?

Are we properly able to tell the difference between 'investigating a hoax' and 'investigating the possibility of enhanced human-enemy military capability'?

I suspect not, and I also suspect that the inability to do so is one of the primary reasons for the ongoing proliferation of UFO-based conspiracy theories...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

The research into uap goes back over 70 years.

Is it reasonable to assume that all the world’s powers with satellite imagery etc could not determine if uap were the product of one country. Would be in those 70 years it not have been possible to establish bases for hostile military programs, infiltrate them & know who & what was being done. The secrets of nuclear weapons spread around the powerful nations, but uap, if a human program made by one nation or several nations did not?

None of this is very plausible.

Regards,

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 7th, 2022, 12:20 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:The research into uap goes back over 70 years.

Is it reasonable to assume that all the world’s powers with satellite imagery etc could not determine if uap were the product of one country. Would be in those 70 years it not have been possible to establish bases for hostile military programs, infiltrate them & know who & what was being done. The secrets of nuclear weapons spread around the powerful nations, but uap, if a human program made by one nation or several nations did not?

odysseus2000, you seem to me still to be wedded to the idea that there must a single, central cause - whatever it may be - for UAPs. I see no real reason to assume that. Perhaps sweeping them all up under a single name, particularly one like UFOs, has biased our thinking into falsely believing there is a single cause for them? This has the apparent virtue of simplicity, but may be misleading.

I suspect it is otherwise; that it may be a mixture of several different things: both in the phenomena and the perception.

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » May 7th, 2022, 2:28 pm

XFool wrote:
odysseus2000 wrote:The research into uap goes back over 70 years.

odysseus2000, you seem to me still to be wedded to the idea that there must a single, central cause - whatever it may be - for UAPs. I see no real reason to assume that. Perhaps sweeping them all up under a single name, particularly one like UFOs, has biased our thinking into falsely believing there is a single cause for them? This has the apparent virtue of simplicity, but may be misleading.

I suspect it is otherwise; that it may be a mixture of several different things: both in the phenomena and the perception.

Yes.

If it was obviously some unknown atmospheric phenomenon it seems near certain that some boffin somewhere would have found out what it is and collected his/her Nobel prize. E.g. some kind of ball lightening, but so far nothing

If it is alien contact then the military may have done a "Torchwood*" and kept it secret and we do know they have had secret programs

If it a secret military program by one nation then others would surely have figured it out by now; military secrets are the least lasting secrets as there is so much money and effort in finding them and when ever a secret military program is deployed the enemy find out they have issues and find solutions or pick up a crashed example, etc. Possible the West has given Ukraine something and this is causing the Russians trouble.

If it is a hoax, a continuation of the work of Adamski (man who said he had met aliens and flown on their ships) then we would find several folk exploiting the genre and we do see that, so likely there is some hoax in some of this.

...and others.

So the potential for all of this to be multifaceted is very high.

However, as far as we know there are unknown objects that are seen in several wavelengths and have been studied for over 70 years.

It is one huge mystery. I set out with the idea that aliens were a hoax, but as of now I struggle reconciling some of the observations and eye witness testimony with it all being a hoax.

Regards,

* Dr Who, secret organisation for alien affairs

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » May 7th, 2022, 10:08 pm

Unexplained aerial phenomenon defying all known laws of physics witnessed by thousands and filmed close up in HD!

https://youtu.be/F4v0BZtrSbY?t=270

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » May 8th, 2022, 9:57 am

mc2fool wrote:Unexplained aerial phenomenon defying all known laws of physics witnessed by thousands and filmed close up in HD!

https://youtu.be/F4v0BZtrSbY?t=270

Not a uap, very likely magnetic levitation and rolling magnetic fields to move the levitated object. Nicely done and a great effect that was well received by the judges and audience,

As Arthur C Clarke like to write, any sufficiently advanced technology looks like magic.

Regards,

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 8th, 2022, 10:14 am

...What's in the small bag he's wearing round his waist? ;)

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Postby GoSeigen » May 8th, 2022, 10:31 am

Sorry, no use to self-professed PhD-level savants, but the more dull-witted of us might appreciate Neil deGrasse Tyson's entertaining contribution to this topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkjkh3OrjeA

GS

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » May 8th, 2022, 10:39 am

XFool wrote:...What's in the small bag he's wearing round his waist? ;)

A small alien?

--kiloran

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » May 8th, 2022, 10:42 am

XFool wrote:...What's in the small bag he's wearing round his waist? ;)

Singularity power pack (ZPM) for the alien technology anti-grav device. Much more likely than any Occam-abiding explanation.

I was struck by just how much the vehicle (the "ring" is obviously a transport device for micro-aliens) resembles both the "tic tac" and "gimbal" vehicles. Squint up your eyes and imagine it in grainy, blurry, black and white and you'll see what I mean. Obviously the same physics defying alien tech... ;)

CliffEdge
Lemon Quarter

Postby CliffEdge » May 8th, 2022, 11:09 am

I wonder how he did that.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 8th, 2022, 12:06 pm

Can anyone explain the bike?

I think I can, though I haven't seen the start of his act, only what is in the video.

doolally
Lemon Slice

Postby doolally » May 8th, 2022, 12:27 pm

XFool wrote:Can anyone explain the bike?

I think I can, though I haven't seen the start of his act, only what is in the video.

Looks like an inter-galactic faster-than-light transporter
doolally

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 8th, 2022, 12:37 pm

...That's one approach. :)

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » May 8th, 2022, 12:42 pm

XFool wrote:Can anyone explain the bike?

The whole act is there, just rewind the video to the beginning (my link starts it half way through). But bikes are a common mode of transport by ETs, surely everyone knows that ..... ?! :D

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 8th, 2022, 12:54 pm

...I don't think people are taking this bike question seriously. But it was a serious question.

Meanwhile, I'll take a look.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 8th, 2022, 1:02 pm

OK, I've looked from the beginning. He is very good and entertaining!

My bike 'hypothesis' stands. I think it's there for a reason (but I could be wrong).

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » May 8th, 2022, 2:59 pm

The entertainer needs somewhere to store the batteries that create the magnetic fields & they likely live in the bike frame which is hollow & able to easily contain many 18650 cells.

The alternative is that he has pouch cells hidden on his body.

Regards,

Return to “Science”