Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Human alien interactions

Scientific discovery and discussion
CliffEdge
Lemon Quarter

Re: Human alien interactions

Postby CliffEdge » May 29th, 2022, 1:01 am

It is true. There are aliens regularly visiting Earth. I often see uap flying over our garden. Think we must be on some kind of UFO highway. Amazingly, last night I saw three in quick succession, one like a rotating triangle, one tic tac shaped, and one that looked a little like a bicycle. I grabbed my camera, but found I'd forgotten to replace the SD card.

You won't believe this though. This is by no means my first encounter with these visitors. Last year a saucer landed in our garden narrowly missing the compost heap. I was watching reruns of Lesley Crowther at the time and nursing a nasty boil on my nose. The door bell rang and I swore and ignored it thinking it was probably Jehovah's witnesses, we'd had a rash of them recently. It rang again and reluctantly I answered. At first I couldn't see anyone but eventually in the moonlight I made out this short grey humanoid in a silver suit. He commenced a baritone monologue for at least ten minutes but for the life of me I couldn't understand a word he said, it sounded a bit Welsh. Eventually he shook his head, handed me a Matalan card, climbed back into his spaceship, and left. Often wondered what he/it wanted.

Over the next few days the boil on my nose shrank and eventually disappeared.

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » May 29th, 2022, 2:59 am

CliffEdge wrote:It is true. There are aliens regularly visiting Earth. I often see uap flying over our garden. Think we must be on some kind of UFO highway. Amazingly, last night I saw three in quick succession, one like a rotating triangle, one tic tac shaped, and one that looked a little like a bicycle. I grabbed my camera, but found I'd forgotten to replace the SD card.

You won't believe this though. This is by no means my first encounter with these visitors. Last year a saucer landed in our garden narrowly missing the compost heap. I was watching reruns of Lesley Crowther at the time and nursing a nasty boil on my nose. The door bell rang and I swore and ignored it thinking it was probably Jehovah's witnesses, we'd had a rash of them recently. It rang again and reluctantly I answered. At first I couldn't see anyone but eventually in the moonlight I made out this short grey humanoid in a silver suit. He commenced a baritone monologue for at least ten minutes but for the life of me I couldn't understand a word he said, it sounded a bit Welsh. Eventually he shook his head, handed me a Matalan card, climbed back into his spaceship, and left. Often wondered what he/it wanted.

Dude that sounds like what happened to me when I had Covid
Locked myself indoors when I realised I was having difficulty with negotiating a roundabout in the car.
Woke up on the sofa and thought I had dreamed an episode of "Parks and Rec" where Ron Swanson was standing in Glasgow Central Station looking at a departure board to Barrhead (where the young me was raised) - turns out it was true.... I know cos I checked on the internet and then google started advertising a fuzz pedal called the [url=https://www.idiotboxeffects.com/product/[expletive deleted]]Ron F**king Swanson Super Fuzz[/url] to me.
In Google's defence I bought one cos it seemed like a great idea... or I am assuming must have because one arrived
..but yeah Covid can make you see strange stuff

-sd

CliffEdge
Lemon Quarter

Postby CliffEdge » May 29th, 2022, 11:28 am

servodude wrote:
CliffEdge wrote:It is true. There are aliens regularly visiting Earth. I often see uap flying over our garden. Think we must be on some kind of UFO highway. Amazingly, last night I saw three in quick succession, one like a rotating triangle, one tic tac shaped, and one that looked a little like a bicycle. I grabbed my camera, but found I'd forgotten to replace the SD card.

Dude that sounds like what happened to me when I had Covid
Locked myself indoors when I realised I was having difficulty with negotiating a roundabout in the car.
Woke up on the sofa and thought I had dreamed an episode of "Parks and Rec" where Ron Swanson was standing in Glasgow Central Station looking at a departure board to Barrhead (where the young me was raised) - turns out it was true.... I know cos I checked on the internet and then google started advertising a fuzz pedal called the [url=https://www.idiotboxeffects.com/product/[expletive deleted]]Ron F**king Swanson Super Fuzz[/url] to me.
In Google's defence I bought one cos it seemed like a great idea... or I am assuming must have because one arrived
..but yeah Covid can make you see strange stuff

-sd

I think you might have been dreaming but all these events that are happening to us are definitely real.

However, you may not have been dreaming and I'll tell you why I say that! A mysterious smartphone case did arrive from Amazon addressed to a Mr Jones. This was some months later. I checked and there has never been a Mr Jones living at this address. Unworldly eh? I put it in recycling and next week it had disappeared!

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » June 5th, 2022, 11:13 am

This tweet links to an article with quotes from folk who believe they have seen uap, political leaders etc. in the sense that there is no data, no certainty, just words it can be dismissed at the individual level, but when there are so many it becomes more interesting: Either mass hallucination or there are unknown technologies in the skies:

https://twitter.com/nickpopemod/status/ ... Fly9mf_4dQ

Regards,

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » June 5th, 2022, 12:15 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:This tweet links to an article with quotes from folk who believe they have seen uap, political leaders etc. in the sense that there is no data, no certainty, just words it can be dismissed at the individual level, but when there are so many it becomes more interesting: Either mass hallucination or there are unknown technologies in the skies:

No. A false dichotomy, IMO.

The key to UAPs is in the first letter: 'U' for unidentified

If something is unidentified you can't use that to go on to describe what you think it is - because you can't know what it is, because you have not been able to identify it!

This whole thing is a feature of human psychology. People find it very difficult to say "I don't know" and stop there. We have an urge, a psychological momentum, to go on and 'explain' what something is, even if we don't or can't know.

I watched a (not particularly good) documentary on Channel 5 recently about the Malaysian Airlines MH370 disaster. A real mystery, unsolved to this day. Here we definitely know it was an airliner, we even know who the captain was and where things started to go wrong. We know something of what happened to the plane after things went wrong, but we have no idea what caused the events, or where the plane ended up. That's it. It is natural to speculate on what could have caused these events, but ultimately we really have no idea. We will never know unless MH370 is found and recovered. But that doesn't stop any number of people rolling on with their pet theories which always 'explain' what happened so definitely, however wild and unlikely their theories may be - the ultimate fall-back being the usual one of requiring that 'The Truth' be told that 'They' are withholding from us.

Again, this is all human psychology. The frustrating fact with MH370 is we know what we know up to a certain point and then we know nothing more and, unless some significant new facts come to light, we just have to accept that we cannot know any more.

I think it is the same with UAPs but, as with MH370, it won't stop people carrying on being people. :)

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » June 5th, 2022, 2:41 pm

There is evidence from many sources & many observational wavelengths that objects can be seen similtaneously on radar, optical & infra red & that such objects are capable of performing manoeuvres that our best aircraft can not match. Additionally the objects have been observed to emit electromagnetic radiation. There have been numerous attempts to engage these objects leading to air craft loss & RAF orders that they must not be engaged. People who claim to have been abducted show measurable trauma. There are no explanations for bovine mutilations.

It is possible that all of these things are manifestations of some natural phenomenon that is as yet unknown, but the hypothesis of unknown technology fits better.

Clearly one can have the effects of psychology on humans, but not on instruments.

Unless all the reports are hoax to cover something else it seems impossible for their not to be unknown tech in the air & according to other reports under water too.

If you can explain all of this as something human & not real then you will deserve a medal. I started out with such belief but I had to discard it in the face of all this evidence.

Regards,

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » June 5th, 2022, 2:49 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:There is evidence from many sources & many observational wavelengths that objects can be seen similtaneously on radar, optical & infra red & that such objects are capable of performing manoeuvres that our best aircraft can not match.

Are you sure? Where is this "evidence"? I remain sceptical.

odysseus2000 wrote:Additionally the objects have been observed to emit electromagnetic radiation.

What does that even mean? Everything in the universe (apart from dark matter!) emits electromagnetic radiation.

odysseus2000 wrote:Clearly one can have the effects of psychology on humans, but not on instruments.

But what exactly do the instruments show? Instruments can be faulty - as well as human psychology - and instruments offer no interpretation, only human do that.

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » June 5th, 2022, 6:28 pm

The US DoD have stated that uap exist. They base this on their sensors picking up reflected energy from the signals they transmit & then record as in most radar systems.

The electromagnetic radiation has interfered with targeting & deactivated minute men nuclear missiles.

Regards,

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » June 5th, 2022, 7:16 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:
The electromagnetic radiation has interfered with targeting & deactivated minute men nuclear missiles.

Regards,

A sceptic's view:

According to Ufology researcher/writer Robert Hastings, on March 16, 1967, the appearance of UFOs at Echo-Flight nuclear missile facility allegedly shut down the missile silo. Robert Hasting’s information comes from a man named Robert Salas who claimed he witnessed the event.

The son of one of the officers who was involved in the Echo flight incident, named James Carlson, took Hastings and Salas to task for those claims. Carlson contends that both his father and retired Col. Walt Figel, the other officer involved in the incident, both reported that there were no UFOs.

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/ufos-at-nuclear-weapons-sites-salas-malmstrom-eagle-flight-skeptical-resources.3284/

However, it is fair to say that opinions differ. I try to remain open minded but when the subject covers such diverse claims such as cattle mutilations, floating pyramids, deactivated missiles, Roswell etc. and the fact that people make money from books, talks and interviews makes it difficult or impossible to sort the wheat from the chaff. There must be a part of the human psyche that is attracted to mysterious phenomena and there's nothing necessarily wrong with that, but it can lead us to believe in things that cannot be objectively tested. Perhaps we will find evidence that comes closer to proof of aliens or alien technologies but we don't appear to have that yet.

RC

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » June 5th, 2022, 8:25 pm

However, it is fair to say that opinions differ. I try to remain open minded but when the subject covers such diverse claims such as cattle mutilations, floating pyramids, deactivated missiles, Roswell etc. and the fact that people make money from books, talks and interviews makes it difficult or impossible to sort the wheat from the chaff. There must be a part of the human psyche that is attracted to mysterious phenomena and there's nothing necessarily wrong with that, but it can lead us to believe in things that cannot be objectively tested. Perhaps we will find evidence that comes closer to proof of aliens or alien technologies but we don't appear to have that yet.

RC

I am trying to stick to facts as we know them and then to try and see if I can find explanations using known science.

The facts as I see them:

Observation of uap in wavelengths of visible, radar, infra red.

Observation of uap contacts doing things that are impossible for known aircraft including very high g turns and movements and no detected sonic booms despite accelerations that would soon take the uap through the sound barrier.

Observations by several observers at several different times of non contact interference with military systems.

Crashes of aircraft on several occasions that have tried to engage uap.

Mutilation of cattle in ways that are inconsistent with any known predator or human procedure.

US dod statements that folk who claim to have been abducted show traumas of unknown origin.

There are very many other reports that do not have the same weight as these and although there are consistencies over multi-decade time scales they are not objective and as such I do not consider them as facts.

I have not personally verified any of these facts but take the range of reports from the miliatary in many nations as indicating validity. Clearly if all the world's military have conspired to hoax all of these things it would be possible to steer me into falsehoods. Why the world's military would do this I have no idea, but I can't completely dismiss it. I have witnessed a uap that I could not explain which had the same characteristics of many other reports causing me to have more faith in the reports, but anyone who has not seen such such a thing would not have this support.

Regards,

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » June 5th, 2022, 9:07 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:The US DoD have stated that uap exist.

I'm not disagreeing with them. Just over the interpretation of them - by other people?

odysseus2000 wrote:They base this on their sensors picking up reflected energy from the signals they transmit & then record as in most radar systems.

Reputedly. These things always seem very difficult to get to the bottom of. The more you look the more elusive they seem - I gave up on those recent US navy pilots!

That alleged UFO/ICBM incident was in 1967, here in the 2020s an entire airliner can go missing and we don't know why or where it is. We can't expect to explain everything without relevant information.

CliffEdge
Lemon Quarter

Postby CliffEdge » June 5th, 2022, 10:44 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:

RC

I am trying to stick to facts as we know them and then to try and see if I can find explanations using known science.

The facts as I see them:

Observation of uap in wavelengths of visible, radar, infra red.

Observation of uap contacts doing things that are impossible for known aircraft including very high g turns and movements and no detected sonic booms despite accelerations that would soon take the uap through the sound barrier.

Observations by several observers at several different times of non contact interference with military systems.

Crashes of aircraft on several occasions that have tried to engage uap.

Mutilation of cattle in ways that are inconsistent with any known predator or human procedure.

US dod statements that folk who claim to have been abducted show traumas of unknown origin.

There are very many other reports that do not have the same weight as these and although there are consistencies over multi-decade time scales they are not objective and as such I do not consider them as facts.

I have not personally verified any of these facts but take the range of reports from the miliatary in many nations as indicating validity. Clearly if all the world's military have conspired to hoax all of these things it would be possible to steer me into falsehoods. Why the world's military would do this I have no idea, but I can't completely dismiss it. I have witnessed a uap that I could not explain which had the same characteristics of many other reports causing me to have more faith in the reports, but anyone who has not seen such such a thing would not have this support.

Regards,

This is not doing you any good.

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » June 6th, 2022, 2:06 am

XFool wrote:
odysseus2000 wrote:The US DoD have stated that uap exist.

I'm not disagreeing with them. Just over the interpretation of them - by other people?

odysseus2000 wrote:They base this on their sensors picking up reflected energy from the signals they transmit & then record as in most radar systems.

Reputedly. These things always seem very difficult to get to the bottom of. The more you look the more elusive they seem - I gave up on those recent US navy pilots!

That alleged UFO/ICBM incident was in 1967, here in the 2020s an entire airliner can go missing and we don't know why or where it is. We can't expect to explain everything without relevant information.

I have no idea what these uap are.

Best as I can tell they are not sensor ghosts and exist. Clearly if I am wrong about this then the whole business falls apart.

Additionally there are clear elements of government who don't want more investigations and are ready with explanations, no matter how ridiculous as they know that official folk can easily convince a lot of the population.

If the reports are right then I can not explain uap with out some non human technology which may be too far ahead for us to ever understand or copyable as many say has already been done.

Of all the science questions of our age getting an understanding of uap looks to be one of the most interesting with the most potential rewards mixed in with the most potential dangers.

Regards,

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » June 6th, 2022, 6:23 am

odysseus2000 wrote:
Of all the science questions of our age getting an understanding of uap looks to be one of the most interesting with the most potential rewards mixed in with the most potential dangers.

Have you asked yourself why it's taken an interested amateur such a short length of time, just using publicly available data, to highlight to the world how we're being visited on a regular basis by craft of a non-human nature, and yet there has been no serious peer-reviewed group of eminent scientists willing or able to speak up about the same thing?

In an age where the digital voice of such a group would flash around the world in seconds, via twitter or many of the other global media outlets, I'd perhaps concentrate on trying to find a good answer to that question first Ody, rather than trying to answer the really big ones...

There is clearly *something* stopping such an eminent, peer-reviewed group stepping forward and confirming what you think you have discovered, and with my Occam's Razor hat on, I think it comes down to two options -

• The available evidence doesn't actually support the claim.
  • Something is stopping such an eminent, peer-reviewed group stepping forward with this most important of news.

Do you think something like the risk of such scientists not getting their pensions is so strong that they're simply keeping their mouth's shut on this topic, even when they'd have their names put against possibly the single most important discovery of our time?

Do you think there's a group of eminent, peer-reviewed scientists sat on the same evidence that you've quickly and easily uncovered, and they're all sat there saying to each other - "If only we could tell the world about this..." ?

Personally, I don't think it's any coincidence that those following your Tesla thread on another board will have recently seen you writing the two extracts below about their recent share-price drop after Musk said he's letting 10% of his work-force go -

June 3rd - 5.58pm -

"I follow Tesla very closely & this surprised me, so I need more time & information to comment sensibly, but I sure don’t like anything about this."

https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=5037&start=8300#p504700

Then, just 5 short hours later -

June 3rd - 11.05pm -

Having collected more information this looks like a shedding of 10% of the salaried workers & no production staff whose numbers will likely increase.

Overall this looks like a buying opportunity.

https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=5037&start=8300#p504768

So my question would be to ask how, following an 11% share price drop of a global, mega-cap company like Tesla, which you admit to 'not seeing coming' even from the related company-news that you scrutinise on a regular basis, you were then, in the space of 5 short hours, quickly able to establish from other 'sources' that the rest of the market has got it completely wrong, and that *actually*, what you've personally been able to 'discover' in just 5 hours is that it has actually presented a buying opportunity, rather than being bad news....?

A casual observer of both this alien-spacecraft thread and that long-running Tesla thread might conclude that there is a regular blind-spot in the level of investigation and thought being applied to both areas Ody, and that your conclusions are often being led by what you wish to be true, rather than what is actually *likely* to be true, and that the sensor-equipment needing re-calibrating here is perhaps a lot closer to home than you might think...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » June 6th, 2022, 10:23 am

Itsallaguess wrote:
odysseus2000 wrote:

Have you asked yourself why it's taken an interested amateur such a short length of time, just using publicly available data, to highlight to the world how we're being visited on a regular basis by craft of a non-human nature, and yet there has been no serious peer-reviewed group of eminent scientists willing or able to speak up about the same thing?

In an age where the digital voice of such a group would flash around the world in seconds, via twitter or many of the other global media outlets, I'd perhaps concentrate on trying to find a good answer to that question first Ody, rather than trying to answer the really big ones...

There is clearly *something* stopping such an eminent, peer-reviewed group stepping forward and confirming what you think you have discovered, and with my Occam's Razor hat on, I think it comes down to two options -

• The available evidence doesn't actually support the claim.
  • Something is stopping such an eminent, peer-reviewed group stepping forward with this most important of news.

Do you think something like the risk of such scientists not getting their pensions is so strong that they're simply keeping their mouth's shut on this topic, even when they'd have their names put against possibly the single most important discovery of our time?

Do you think there's a group of eminent, peer-reviewed scientists sat on the same evidence that you've quickly and easily uncovered, and they're all sat there saying to each other - "If only we could tell the world about this..." ?

Personally, I don't think it's any coincidence that those following your Tesla thread on another board will have recently seen you writing the two extracts below about their recent share-price drop after Musk said he's letting 10% of his work-force go -

June 3rd - 5.58pm -

"I follow Tesla very closely & this surprised me, so I need more time & information to comment sensibly, but I sure don’t like anything about this."

https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=5037&start=8300#p504700

Then, just 5 short hours later -

June 3rd - 11.05pm -

Having collected more information this looks like a shedding of 10% of the salaried workers & no production staff whose numbers will likely increase.

Overall this looks like a buying opportunity.

https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=5037&start=8300#p504768

So my question would be to ask how, following an 11% share price drop of a global, mega-cap company like Tesla, which you admit to 'not seeing coming' even from the related company-news that you scrutinise on a regular basis, you were then, in the space of 5 short hours, quickly able to establish from other 'sources' that the rest of the market has got it completely wrong, and that *actually*, what you've personally been able to 'discover' in just 5 hours is that it has actually presented a buying opportunity, rather than being bad news....?

A casual observer of both this alien-spacecraft thread and that long-running Tesla thread might conclude that there is a regular blind-spot in the level of investigation and thought being applied to both areas Ody, and that your conclusions are often being led by what you wish to be true, rather than what is actually *likely* to be true, and that the sensor-equipment needing re-calibrating here is perhaps a lot closer to home than you might think...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Great post!

Detailed information on uap is not open source, only very select groups in governments are privy to the data. Until recently the existence of these data were not public knowledge.

Science when viewed from the inside as a professional physicist is nothing like the impression one gets from the media. It is a world of empires and cliques, staffed by folk who are driven by their passions and mostly uninterested in anything outside of their expertise which consumes their time. There is no mechanism for open debate, discovery and funding of anyone who isn't connected to main stream research grants and to stay with these each scientists has to be focused on what ever was in their last grant proposal.

The US DOD has realised this and decided to fund a group of researchers whose job it is to study uap within the context of national security (the recent congress hearings) meanwhile their is a crowd source funding program developing and the Galileo project is asking for government funding to develop 100 mm uap telescopes to get high resolution images.

The history of science is full of huge discoveries that were ignored by main stream science. For example Becquerel rays were thought of little interest until Marie Currie studied them and in the by and by this lead to Hiroshima, en-route Fermi discovered Fission but was so focused on making new heavy nucleus that he got the result wrong and then didn't give back his Nobel prize for the wrong result. On and on it goes if you study the history of science.

The current lack of mainstream science interest is the norm. Should some clear evidence emerge that will change overnight, but for now we are in the twilight and most physicists are focused on studies in the light.

Yes, I change my mind in seconds as I did re the Tesla news last week. The initial reports were so anti-parallel to what I expected that I didn't understand or like them at all. This was mostly compounded by nothing coming out of Tesla or Musk to counter the narrative. Folk pumped the idea that Tesla were losing orders and put holders made fortunes as the share price crashed. Then as events unfolded it became clear that all the losing orders stories were fabrications and that the leaked Tesla emails had been spun out of reality to drive the sell off and enrich the put holders. The folk who did this and their mates in the media have to be commended on an excellent piece of opportunist market manipulation which will likely not be punished as they can argue that their interpretation was credible at the time. Nothing vexes scientists more than folk who change their mind. All of science is based on laws and the consequences of these laws and having determined the consequences things do not then swing in another direction, but when one is dealing with emotions, trading and money that is exactly what happens and it is why most graduates of the hard sciences can not trade, as they are unable to deal with rapidly changing interpretations and that many in markets react and profit from untruths.

Regards,

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » June 6th, 2022, 12:50 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:Nothing vexes scientists more than folk who change their mind.

Of all the bullshit you've posted this quoted bit might be the absolute pinnacle

Scientists are weird I'll give you that (I have the misfortune to deal with them regularly)
- but they're dedicated to changing minds; sometimes their own by finding out new stuff, sometimes others by convincing them of stuff they've found out

If anything were to vex scientists in this area it would be folk who can't change their mind

Now.. given you've got that ar5e about tit can you give it a go rethinking your lights in the sky ;)

-sd

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » June 6th, 2022, 2:14 pm

servodude wrote:
odysseus2000 wrote:Nothing vexes scientists more than folk who change their mind.

Of all the bullshit you've posted this quoted bit might be the absolute pinnacle

Scientists are weird I'll give you that (I have the misfortune to deal with them regularly)
- but they're dedicated to changing minds; sometimes their own by finding out new stuff, sometimes others by convincing them of stuff they've found out

If anything were to vex scientists in this area it would be folk who can't change their mind

Now.. given you've got that ar5e about tit can you give it a go rethinking your lights in the sky ;)

-sd

What I meant was rapid changes of mind.

Something changes, scientists stick with their pet theory until a long and detailed piece of research shows them that the change is real and has to be accepted. The idea that something that was good at market open and then after a market announcement is no longer good is something scientists find hard to deal with.

Even in the regime of "after much research" something has validity, there are many scientists who won't believe it and still stick with what ever came before. E.g. most astronomers accept the big bang, but a small clique do not and believe the universe is in a steady state. This does cause the "big bangers" to get vexed, but this is not the situation I am considering.

Regards,

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » June 6th, 2022, 3:37 pm

servodude wrote:

"weird" or "difficult"? Um... No comment! :|

odysseus2000 wrote:
servodude wrote:but they're dedicated to changing minds; sometimes their own by finding out new stuff, sometimes others by convincing them of stuff they've found out

What I meant was rapid changes of mind.

Something changes, scientists stick with their pet theory until a long and detailed piece of research shows them that the change is real and has to be accepted.

This is true and necessarily so - given there actually is an established, and previously successful, theory.

odysseus2000 wrote:Even in the regime of "after much research" something has validity, there are many scientists who won't believe it and still stick with what ever came before.

Yes. Who was it who said a new theory was never comprehensively accepted until all the older scientists, who grew up on the old theory, had finally died?

odysseus2000 wrote:E.g. most astronomers accept the big bang, but a small clique do not and believe the universe is in a steady state. This does cause the "big bangers" to get vexed, but this is not the situation I am considering.

I feel the spiritual presence of the late Fred Hoyle, hovering... Evolution, anybody? Oh dear! :lol:

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » June 6th, 2022, 3:45 pm

XFool

This is true and necessarily so - given there actually is an established, and previously successful, theory.

Yes, but it’s not that useful in trading where everything changes all the time & one has to adapt & change with price action. Sticking with some thesis when price is going against you can get you killed.

Regards,

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » June 6th, 2022, 3:53 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:
XFoolThis is true and necessarily so - given there actually is an established, and previously successful, theory.

Yes, but it’s not that useful in trading where everything changes all the time & one has to adapt & change with price action. Sticking with some thesis when price is going against you can get you killed.

That raises a thought I've had in the past: Traders are likely people who need a story.

That's been one idea I once had why - possibly! - I find traders a bit... well... eccentric? (Perhaps) ;)

Return to “Science”