Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Human alien interactions

Scientific discovery and discussion
odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Re: Human alien interactions

Postby odysseus2000 » June 14th, 2022, 10:40 pm

Jubilee uap trajectory:

https://youtu.be/Wp6w7E1R4Xc

Regards,

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » June 15th, 2022, 8:53 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:Jubilee uap trajectory:

Regards,

Maybe my googling skills are not up to scratch, but it seems to me that all the reports of the uap are based on video.
At the time, there were tens of thousands of people down on the ground all looking up at the flypast. Did none of them see the uap at the time?

--kiloran

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » June 15th, 2022, 10:26 pm

Best places in uk to spot uap:

https://twitter.com/nickpopemod/status/ ... BQSgIz4TOw

Regards,

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » June 15th, 2022, 11:12 pm

kiloran wrote:
odysseus2000 wrote:Jubilee uap trajectory:

Regards,

Maybe my googling skills are not up to scratch, but it seems to me that all the reports of the uap are based on video.
At the time, there were tens of thousands of people down on the ground all looking up at the flypast. Did none of them see the uap at the time?

--kiloran

Seems not, and the reports of the UAP are all based on just one video from above Buckingham Palace, the Sky News one.

Were Sky the only organisation to have a chopper up there? Actually, having looked through a bunch of videos many have exactly that same section so I suspect that it was one of those cases where only one was allowed and Sky (or whoever it was behind the camera) shared/sold the video to others. If so, that's unfortunate as it only gives us one aerial viewpoint on the UAP.

What about videos from the ground? Well I haven't found any MSM ones, maybe my searching skills are waning too! And I've looked through a fair number of, well, pretty crap ones, and mostly not from anywhere useful (looks like there were huge numbers on Waterloo Bridge pointing their phones skywards!).

However, I have found two videos of interest. This one is from Hyde Park corner. https://youtu.be/-0sd3Rj1o5M?t=420

This has two major points of interest: first, you can see a chopper and (aside from it being the only one visible in the sky) from where it is relative to both the videographer and the Red Arrows, I'm pretty certain it's the chopper that filmed the Sky News video.

Secondly, the video is taken from pretty much exactly the right spot to catch the 4 seconds of the original video when the UAP appears to fly across the top of the smoke trails, which is part of the 13 seconds as the planes go over and away in this video, and indeed in the only comment to the video a poster claims "you can get a glance at the UFO that crossed them" -- but then gives a totally wrong time and when the Red Arrows are flying over (3 minutes later), unless I'm missing it, there's no UAP visible in this video. Although I suppose it is possible it flew over while the view was obscured by the tree. (I think the poster actually meant at 7:05 and what he's seeing is actually the chopper).

The second video of interest is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI0-js7oXLU and it says:

UFO/UAP At The Queen's Jubilee is a STATIONARY object!

The apparent motion of the white object filmed during the airshow portion of the Queen's Jubilee is due to the relative motion of the helicopter filming the jets and the perspective that creates. I suspect the object is something ordinary, like a balloon or a drone.

And he goes on to give a couple of simulations to demonstrate the point. Note how the helicopter in his simulation is flying the same direction, relative to the Red Arrows, as it is in the Hyde Park video above ...

Looks like the Jubilee UAP is solved to me (although I'll bet at least one poster here won't accept that!) :D

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » June 16th, 2022, 1:08 am

Interesting analysis.

If the object is stationary, or nearly so, the apparent motion should be invertible to calculate a range of velocities of the helicopter and jets and these should come out to be reasonable values. As I understand the graphics are not to scale but could be scaled to a range of acceptable jet and helicopter velocities to see what this then predicts for the white dot.

Regards,

scrumpyjack
Lemon Quarter

Postby scrumpyjack » June 16th, 2022, 5:36 pm

It seems the Chinese think they may have detected aliens!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... f=mwlrlP7l

:D :D

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » June 16th, 2022, 9:01 pm

scrumpyjack wrote:It seems the Chinese think they may have detected aliens!

This is super interesting but far from clear as to what they have detected.

Jocelyn Bell’s discovery was first thought to be from little green men, but turned out to be a natural phenomenon.

What follows from here will be fascinating.

Regards,

ursaminortaur
Lemon Half

Postby ursaminortaur » June 16th, 2022, 9:39 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:It seems the Chinese think they may have detected aliens!

This is super interesting but far from clear as to what they have detected.

Jocelyn Bell’s discovery was first thought to be from little green men, but turned out to be a natural phenomenon.

What follows from here will be fascinating.

Regards,

https://www.popularmechanics.com/space/telescopes/a40302839/chinese-scientists-didnt-actually-find-an-alien-radio-signal/

What researchers actually found was radio-frequency interference originating on Earth, likely from cell phones, computers, satellites, or any number of other electronics located near the observatory. All of these devices produce weak radio transmissions of their own.

https://webtimes.uk/no-a-chinese-telescope-didnt-just-detect-aliens-heres-what-actually-happened/

However, after news broke about the report, it appeared to be deleted from Science and Technology Daily, as reported by Time and Bloomberg News; links to the article resulted in an error page. Fortunately, there are American researchers who work with Chinese radio telescopes who had insight into what was going on. Salon spoke with Dan Werthimer, chief scientist of the Berkeley SETI Research Center, who works with researchers in China and clarified the news about signals.

“I can’t speak to exactly what happens in Science and Technology Daily or why it was deleted, but I can tell you that I’m familiar with these signals, and they don’t have anything to do with extraterrestrials,” Werthimer said. “They’re interference, they’re what we call radio frequency interference (RFI), due to transmitters on Earth, satellites, cell phones, computers and things that transmit weak signals that get into the antenna.”

Werthimer emphasized that they know these specific signals are from Earthlings and not aliens because when you point the telescope, they “come and go.”

The signals that were detected “come and go no matter where you’re pointed,” meaning that “we know they’re locally generated interference.”

“What you’d expect from an extraterrestrial is that when you point the telescope at a particular planet, you see something then you move the telescope away, it goes away, and then you move it back to the planet, and you only see it when the telescope points to that particular star,” Werthimer explained. Whereas the signals that were detected “come and go no matter where you’re pointed,” meaning that “we know they’re locally generated interference.”

scrumpyjack
Lemon Quarter

Postby scrumpyjack » June 16th, 2022, 9:51 pm

'Locally generated' - perhaps the aliens really ARE here already :D

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » June 17th, 2022, 11:02 am

None of this makes any sense to me.

You have some of the best scientists on the planet & making this kind of mistake is extremely unlikely. Joslyn Bell went through checks to confirm her observations & her supervisors insistence that it was interference.

A rookie graduate student would know all of this so the news story looks like making smoke to hide some thing which might be embarrassing mistakes or something more significant.

Regards,

CliffEdge
Lemon Quarter

Postby CliffEdge » June 17th, 2022, 12:23 pm

You are a true believer, Ody. Nothing will dissuade you.

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » June 17th, 2022, 12:48 pm

CliffEdge wrote:You are a true believer, Ody. Nothing will dissuade you.

Ha Ha!

No, I am just saying I don't believe that professional astronomers would have made the mistake suggested.

Yes, they made have made a mistake, but not checking the background when off source isn't credible.

Regards,

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » June 17th, 2022, 1:42 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:
CliffEdge wrote:You are a true believer, Ody. Nothing will dissuade you.

Ha Ha!

No, I am just saying I don't believe that professional astronomers would have made the mistake suggested.

Yes, they made have made a mistake, but not checking the background when off source isn't credible.

Regards,

Well it's professional astronomers that have said it's not extraterrestrial, and not just any professional astronomers but "Dan Werthimer, chief scientist of the Berkeley SETI Research Center, who works with researchers in China", and if you look at ursa's first link, who "helped install the SETI Institute detectors" on the Sky Eye. In fact, the Sky Eye SETI setup is a joint enterprise between Beijing Normal University, the National Astronomical Observatory of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Berkeley SETI Research Center of the University of California, Berkeley.

Further, the professor, Zhang Tongjie, who "told his team that the FAST telescope has discovered several cases of technological traces from alien civilizations" goes on to say "The possibility that the suspicious signal is some kind of radio interference is also very high, and it needs to be further confirmed and ruled out. "

So it sounds much like an over excited professor making an announcement on initial data before going on to eliminate other possibilities that he knew the chances of were "very high"....

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » June 17th, 2022, 2:03 pm

mc2fool wrote:
So it sounds much like an over excited professor making an announcement on initial data before going on to eliminate other possibilities that he knew the chances of were "very high"....

<cough>
Well, there's a few of them around...*
</cough>

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

* You lob 'em to the back post, etc....

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » June 17th, 2022, 10:29 pm

Interesting analysis of the jubilee uap by a retired US military pilot that is interesting to see, following on from another analysis at a US air show:

https://youtu.be/sQ7JW94VSmI

The analysis shows the benefits of multiple camera angles in being able to ascertain what is going on.

Regards,

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » June 17th, 2022, 11:24 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:Interesting analysis of the jubilee uap by a retired US military pilot that is interesting to see, following on from another analysis at a US air show:

https://youtu.be/sQ7JW94VSmI

The analysis shows the benefits of multiple camera angles in being able to ascertain what is going on.

Regards,

Yes, but he doesn't actually have as many contemporaneous views as he thinks he does. The last two, the first of which he is wondering if it's the same day (it is), are on the approach to the Palace, just crossing the Thames. The first of which I'd pointed out earlier viewtopic.php?p=506524#p506524, and the second of which is one of the from-Waterloo-bridge ones I'd mentioned earlier: you can see the top of the new building by Temple tube station ("One The Thames") at the beginning and Charing Cross station at the end.

The most interesting thing for me was in the view from the Rembrandt hotel, which is about a mile further WSW of the Hyde Park video I posted earlier, when he readily identifies spots of the sort that I've seen other videos declare are UAPs (and that just look like blotches to me) as birds. Indeed, he even identifies one such blotch as a seagull. That's an experienced eye methinks.... ;)

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » June 18th, 2022, 1:00 am

odysseus2000 wrote:Interesting analysis of the jubilee uap by a retired US military pilot that is interesting to see, following on from another analysis at a US air show:

My first reaction was "Oh no! Not another US military pilot - and this one retired..." :)

I wasn't disappointed, which is probably to say I was. It didn't really seem to prove much very convincingly AFAICS, in either case. Though the suggestion of birds or a balloon was likely correct.

88V8
Lemon Half

Postby 88V8 » June 29th, 2022, 3:41 pm

A uap you can rent..
https://newatlas.com/architecture/airbnb-omg-fund/
Be your own little green man.

V8

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » June 29th, 2022, 3:51 pm

88V8 wrote:A uap you can rent..
https://newatlas.com/architecture/airbnb-omg-fund/
Be your own little green man.

V8

There are a number of flying saucer homes. Some built by people who claim to have modelled them on being inside an alien saucer.

Regards,

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » July 2nd, 2022, 1:27 pm

We might be alone: 8 mins 25 seconds:

https://youtu.be/_1WAxpNpcQs

I find the arguments weak, but others may like them.

Regards,

Return to “Science”