Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Music and the spoken word....

Religion and Philosophy
Forum rules
we are introducing this on a trial basis and that respect for other's views is important e.g. phrases like "your imaginary friend" or "you will go to hell" are not appropriate
RowdyReptile
Lemon Slice

Music and the spoken word....

Postby RowdyReptile » January 5th, 2017, 4:36 am

...is a tradition of my church and on the air for over eighty-seven years and 4,525 weekly broadcasts, Music & the Spoken Word is the longest-running uninterrupted network broadcast in the world. Its audience continues to grow as more people tune to its half hour of uplifting music and inspiring prose.

And I know what you might say. So effing what?

While we might not be very good, we do try to master the art of song, and that of classical instruments. Our only hope is that we uplift. The problem is you have to sit through a bunch of boring Mormon bs....but fast forward to the 54 minute mark and, well, this is my introduction to the board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKOsVqqBKsA

There are times when people of faith try. I find it a fair effort. Forgive our shortcomings.

RR

RowdyReptile
Lemon Slice

Re: Music and the spoken word....

Postby RowdyReptile » January 5th, 2017, 5:08 am

Truly, in the words of Ronald Reagan, they are America's Choir....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cgKl7s6p-w

One of the ironies is that that same government wanted to destroy my church.

RR

beeswax
Lemon Quarter

Re: Music and the spoken word....

Postby beeswax » January 5th, 2017, 5:23 pm

I will add this RR..

Without music, my life would be meaningless and I listen to some every single day of my life without exception. I could never go to any religious service without it that's for sure! It does something to my very soul..and look forward to hearing those heavenly choirs but not yet! ;)

Return to “The Meaning of Life”