Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

The Hand of God

Religion and Philosophy
Forum rules
we are introducing this on a trial basis and that respect for other's views is important e.g. phrases like "your imaginary friend" or "you will go to hell" are not appropriate
AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Re: The Hand of God

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » December 14th, 2020, 11:49 pm

taken2often wrote:A number of state Legislators who are unhappy about their state executives and courts changing the voting law's. They have been carrying out investigations in court like hearing. The Georgian one seems to being showing up some of the worst abuse. The false votes vastly outnumber the Biden majority. So we wait and see.

I would like you to tell me what bad things Donald Trump has done over the past four years. I have seen nothing that was against the majorities interest in the US. He is far from perfect, but he appears to be the first President to resist the establishment, and they hate him for it. He has been manipulated by taking advice and allowing enemies into senior positions, who then worked against him.

See you trust the media for your news and I used to. Here in the UK it is not too bad, mostly Liberal to Left wing bias. In the US media have given up on any journalistic integrity. Brennan and Clapper ex CIA and Homeland security both stood up in Congress and swore under Oath that they had found no evidence of collusion between the Russians and the Trump Team. They then get employed in mainstream media and state all the time that Trump is a traitor and in the pocket of Putin. How is it all the attacks over the four years have all failed, even impeachment.

How about some of the good things that impressed me. He sorted out the Veterans Medical disaster. He changed the law so that employees could be fired, many were taking the salary but not providing service, many of the veterans were dying due to lack of treatment. He also made it possible that if a veteran did get treatment within three weeks they could go to any doctor and the government would pay.

He made the Nato countries dramatically increase their payments up to the agreed percentage. The one we pay. He found out that Germany were buying vast amounts of gas from the Russians but expected the US to defend them and not pay their share.

He has negotiated four middle east peace deals that had not been possible before. Most probably due to the fear of Iran.

Every year The Principals of Black colleges had to go to the White House to ask for funding. When they arrived on his second year. He gave them 10 years of funding.

He approved of a Capital Gains scheme proposed by a black politician. Special allowances if investment was made to redevelop very poor areas, which turned out to be mostly black. This was transforming the job prospects. Before the virus there was the lowest black unemployment in years.

Another proposal he managed to get Bi Partisan agreement on was allowing long term prisoners on relatively minor crimes but inhuman sentences released. This is the work of a racist.

The Wall a complete turn round by the Democrats. Because he wanted it they and the Media had to oppose. So what happens the wall goes up illegal immigration goes down. Wages for the poor start to rise. Who gets the most benefit the Blacks and Hispanics. Who dramatically increased their vote for Trump. How dumb is that.

Any way only scratching the surface. Your turn now.

A really good Youtube watch is Viva Frie and Robert Barnes discuss the weeks legal issues. Viva is a Canadian Lawyer and Robert Barnes is a US lawyer his knowledge of the law and constitution law appears immense. Their discussion is on Sunday night I watch on Monday.

Still think this is the wrong board

AiY

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Postby GoSeigen » December 15th, 2020, 1:28 pm

Why are you so obsessed with what you call blacks?

GS

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » December 15th, 2020, 5:41 pm

It seems as if the GOP, at least, is now starting to face up to reality:

US election: Top Trump ally breaks silence to congratulate Biden

BBC News

A top member of US President Donald Trump's Republican Party, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, has congratulated Joe Biden on winning the presidential election last month.

"Senator McConnell spoke after the electoral college formally confirmed Mr Biden's victory over Mr Trump.

The Democrat won 306 electoral college votes to Mr Trump's 232.
"

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » December 15th, 2020, 10:33 pm

The Hand of God? Or 'He who sups with the devil should have a long spoon' ?

Everyone Trump Touches Dies: The List

The Bulwark

He revealed people for what they really were.

taken2often
Lemon Slice

Postby taken2often » December 15th, 2020, 11:12 pm

I like the list. The only problem is that the Swamp has been involved. As I stated before if you are for Trump you are the enemy to be taken down where possible. The story behind General Flynn is an absolute disgrace and has had no fair reporting from the Media. A set up by a corrupt FBI now documented. Acknowledged by a smarmy ex Director of the FBI. See you cannot see the unfairness of the past four years, but that's your right.

As to the Blacks he was supposed to be racist, plenty of media quotes on that, plus all the other popular slurs. In the US the Democrats play the race card every four years. They are told they are victims and the are to play on their skin colour instead of ability. If you call them coloured you get shot down very quickly. They are black Americans, so that what we have to call them. I thought I was no better than anyone else, but I have now been promoted to White Privileged, another leftist nonsense.

Although I wait for the Hand of God to intervene, a new theory is developing and it could have some merit. The Democrat voters have to be punished for voting in the most corrupt President of America ever, and due to corrupt voting practices. Who will come to the rescue Donald Trump 45 and 47th President 2024. Better prepared to fight the devil than the first time. In between he may have his own Cable TV station. Another four years of entertainment, and he wont have to restrain himself as he has done over the past years.

I think we should close this post and wait and see future developments. If God Strikes I will of course return to say I told you so.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » December 16th, 2020, 9:33 am

taken2often wrote:Although I wait for the Hand of God to intervene, a new theory is developing and it could have some merit. The Democrat voters have to be punished for voting in the most corrupt President of America ever, and due to corrupt voting practices. Who will come to the rescue Donald Trump 45 and 47th President 2024. Better prepared to fight the devil than the first time. In between he may have his own Cable TV station. Another four years of entertainment, and he wont have to restrain himself as he has done over the past years.

I see. Well, you're right on one point. We have probably had the most corrupt President of America ever. But restraint? Donald? Come onnnnnnn. :lol:

The fact that you can't distinguish between the nuances of "black" and "the blacks" tells us everything we need to know about where you've been doing your reading. :|

So here's my take on the religion story. Donald Trump, a humble and pious man, has spent his life in preparation for his eventual apotheosis by working his way through the Ten Commandments, so as to be able to repent to the very fullest extent and thus to fully cleanse his soul. He has fully mastered the false witness part. (22,500 lies, and counting, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veracity_ ... nald_Trump) He passed the coveting his neighbour's wife exam with flying colours, especially the bit about respecting her ass, and his lewd remarks about wishing he could date his daughter indicate that his family loyalties extend somewhat beyond his father and mother. (Which I suppose would have beed a good start, if only his father hadn't marched with the Ku Klux Klan.)

His stealing started with the six Atlantic City bankruptcies and continued through Trump University, for which he was sentenced to pay $25 million. Graven images are his daily stock in trade. He hasn't personally murdered anybody, as far as we know, although he said he could do that on Fifth Avenue and his flock would still follow him.

I'd say he's on course for a very special mention in the history books. At last, something on which we can agree. :)

BJ

taken2often
Lemon Slice

Postby taken2often » December 16th, 2020, 3:25 pm

You see you have quoted all the job qualifications, some of it untrue of course. How clean would you be working out of the Billionaire's hand book.

The theory was that God had picked a Sinner to fix America then he has not been shortchanged. So if he has repented and who are we to judge. Then he should be judged on what he has been achieved.

The lies told by the Media far out number his, and the figures are being kept by these liars, so a tad suspect. Try to remember what you really really want to believe is not always true. That is the point of propaganda

Yes Trump does tend to exaggerate a little, but it is all part of the fight back against the Fake media.

So on a final note . Calling for his Impeachment on the night of his election 2016 was a fair and reasonable position to take. Not recognising
his Presidency for four years, and attempting to block his policies against the interests of the majority. That's ok, that's fair and reasonable.

One last classic. Did you see the Congress committee hearing where the Leader Adam Schiff. Makes an opening statement to the committee and being televised. A supposed Mafia type conversation between Donald Trump and the President of the Ukraine. Totally fabricated and exposed then Trump published the transcript of the conversation. This is just a small example. There appears to be no decency within these senior Democrats

On the bright side I feel that I am more reasonable,reasonable and fair minded than you. You are free to have a different opinion.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » December 16th, 2020, 3:39 pm

taken2often wrote:The theory was that God had picked a Sinner to fix America then he has not been shortchanged.

"God moves in a mysterious way."?

taken2often wrote:The lies told by the Media far out number his, and the figures are being kept by these liars, so a tad suspect. Try to remember what you really really want to believe is not always true. That is the point of propaganda

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Postby GoSeigen » December 16th, 2020, 7:43 pm

taken2often wrote:
As to the Blacks he was supposed to be racist, plenty of media quotes on that, plus all the other popular slurs. In the US the Democrats play the race card every four years. They are told they are victims and the are to play on their skin colour instead of ability. If you call them coloured you get shot down very quickly. They are black Americans, so that what we have to call them. I thought I was no better than anyone else, but I have now been promoted to White Privileged, another leftist nonsense.

That doesn't explain why you're afraid of the people you call "black". You're terrified by them, aren't you? By the thought that they could ever be considered as deserving as you?

GS

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » December 17th, 2020, 11:25 pm

Perhaps God is currently AWOL as well?

Where Is the President of the United States?

https://thetriad.thebulwark.com/p/where-is-the-president-of-the-united

Donald Trump is AWOL. And his disgrace is hiding in plain sight.

"We have never seen a dereliction of duty at this scale from an American president. With citizens dying by the thousands every single day and the federal government being raided by the intelligence services belonging to his good friend, he pouts and rages and tweets and tries to overturn a free and fair election in order to break our democratic republic."

taken2often
Lemon Slice

Postby taken2often » December 19th, 2020, 11:00 am

To Goseigen
I am shocked that you could make such a statement and your total misunderstanding of what I have stated;. What I have quoted has all been positive benefits. Before the 2016 election Trump made a public statement at a rally to the Black Community " What have you got to lose by voting for me". I admire the fact that he has been improving their lives. Every major city in the US is run by the Democrat Party for the last 60 years or more and are all badly run and it is the poor who always suffer. I even put forward the names of two black communicators that I greatly admire. Candace Owen and Larry Elder. Candace started BLEXIT. An organisation to get Black people to start thinking about voting for their best interest rather than the automatic Democrat Vote, which gets them nowhere. She also points out that the Democrats have stated that needing ID to vote is Racist, in that Blacks are to dumb to get ID, and this in a country that you cannot do anything without ID. So whats the real reason The Democrats want open Borders so that all the new illegal immigrants can vote. Who suffers with lower wages. Blacks and Hispanics, but who cares, Trump Cares.

Any way you see what you want to see and that is now the way of the world

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » December 20th, 2020, 12:45 pm

taken2often wrote:To Goseigen
I am shocked that you could make such a statement and your total misunderstanding of what I have stated;. What I have quoted has all been positive benefits. Before the 2016 election Trump made a public statement at a rally to the Black Community " What have you got to lose by voting for me". I admire the fact that he has been improving their lives. Every major city in the US is run by the Democrat Party for the last 60 years or more and are all badly run and it is the poor who always suffer. I even put forward the names of two black communicators that I greatly admire. Candace Owen and Larry Elder. Candace started BLEXIT. An organisation to get Black people to start thinking about voting for their best interest rather than the automatic Democrat Vote, which gets them nowhere. She also points out that the Democrats have stated that needing ID to vote is Racist, in that Blacks are to dumb to get ID, and this in a country that you cannot do anything without ID. So whats the real reason The Democrats want open Borders so that all the new illegal immigrants can vote. Who suffers with lower wages. Blacks and Hispanics, but who cares, Trump Cares.

Any way you see what you want to see and that is now the way of the world

It certainly is. You've accepted that Trump has told twenty thousand lies, but your response was that "Yes Trump does tend to exaggerate a little". :lol:

You plainly accept Trump's claim that his election loss was due to vote-rigging, despite the inconvenient fact that he has launched (I think?) 79 legal challenges and has failed to present any evidence in support of any of them, apart from two observers who later conceded that they had been wrong. And that his entire front line team has accepted the commission's finding that there was no distortion that would have changed the result, including most recently his chief Senate enforcer Mitch McConnell. And that his own legal team withdrew from the Pennsylvania case because they had been given nothing to present. And that his own hand-picked Supreme Court refused twice to hear a case which he had also completely failed to present, despite having raised a $200 million fighting fund for exactly that purpose.

You probably won't be surprised that Trump's last remaining loyal supporter, Mike Pompeo, has just agreed with the White House inquiry that found that Russia was behind this month's potentially crippling cyber-attack on both the US government and US corporations. But that Trump has pushed Pompeo aside with the assertion that it was China instead. No, he hasn't offered any evidence, whereas the White House staff have reams of it. Just a lamestream media concoction, he says.

And no, you won't see any validity in any of this, because the cult has hijacked your critical faculties and fed you on its own bizarre version of events - a version which twists and morphs and reinvents itself week by week, as the hard evidence against it continues to stack up. That's what cults do, after all. I wish you all the best. You're going to need it.

BJ

taken2often
Lemon Slice

Postby taken2often » December 21st, 2020, 5:51 pm

Thank you for responding. We all have our opinions. The court cases is a false flag because Trump has only presented a small number. The rest all all people who feel very strongly about this. The thing is that virtually no court has looked at the evidence. It seems that the word has gone out to the courts .We do not want to touch this. Even the Supreme Court has taken the same stance. They are pushing it towards Congress and the Senate.

It is certainly bringing out the Never Trumpers. More and more evidence is coming out about the irregularities, but you will not be hearing about it as you have not been hearing about Hunter Biden. This is the point you have been fed lies for four years, to condition you and it worked.

The point about the Hand of God is what happens if Trump succeeds. That is what would be interesting.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » December 21st, 2020, 10:08 pm

taken2often wrote:Thank you for responding. We all have our opinions. The court cases is a false flag because Trump has only presented a small number.

Could it be Trump who is bothered by the prospect of future court cases?

taken2often wrote:The rest all all people who feel very strongly about this. The thing is that virtually no court has looked at the evidence.

What "evidence"? I think this is also what the courts have been asking.

taken2often wrote:It seems that the word has gone out to the courts .We do not want to touch this. Even the Supreme Court has taken the same stance. They are pushing it towards Congress and the Senate.

What "word" has gone out and from whom?

taken2often wrote:It is certainly bringing out the Never Trumpers. More and more evidence is coming out about the irregularities, but you will not be hearing about it as you have not been hearing about Hunter Biden.

Hunter Biden wasn't standing and isn't the president elect.

taken2often wrote:This is the point you have been fed lies for four years, to condition you and it worked.

So who has been feeding us "lies for four years", and how do you know this? Are you so sure it isn't YOU who has been fed lies and conditioned?

taken2often wrote:The point about the Hand of God is what happens if Trump succeeds. That is what would be interesting.

I know The Lord works in mysterious ways but, IMO, it would indeed be "interesting" if Trump were an agent of God!

Trump Is Losing His Mind

The Atlantic

The president is discussing martial law in the Oval Office, as his grip on reality falters.

"Many prominent evangelical supporters of the president are either obsequious, like Franklin Graham, or delusional, like Eric Metaxas, and they now peddle their delusions as being written by God."

taken2often
Lemon Slice

Postby taken2often » December 21st, 2020, 10:50 pm

You sound so reasonable, but so wrong. Not surprising. The media both in the US and here are suppressing these stories, because they do not suit the narrative. Not a mention on Sunday in the Times and Mail. The corruption in the Biden family is mega but is being ignored and being written off as a Tax Problem. The FBI have two investigations on the go and all they will need to do is follow the money trail.

As to the court cases many are going to appeal, and after that they can go to the Supreme court. So all the judges are not looking at the evidence. The Supreme Court wish to avoid naming the President they think it should be up to Congress and the Senate. The problem is that if they keep avoiding looking at the evidence peoples expectations get badly damaged.

You just repeat the media mantra wheres the evidence. There have been many hearings proving the evidence but they keep ignoring it. The Govenor and the Attorney General of the six disputed states are all blocking the examination of the votes to check for those not conforming to the law. If it was a good election whats the problem. The votes are supposed to be published by law. There has been some independent checks that show the number of dead voters, voters who have left the state and voters with non residential addresses that are against the law. The numbers appear to wipe out Biden's majority, if this is the case they certainly would not like a vote check.

So the situation is to point out all this evidence to negate the certification of the election by the State Executive this cancels the electoral vote. This in turn will force Congress and Senate to make a decision state by state. If this works then Trump can keep the Presidency. See what I mean about the Hand of God. A simple choice Good or Evil. I am on the good side. You find yourself on the evil, not your fault you have been conditioned for over four years. You do not want to see any good in the man.

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Postby GoSeigen » December 22nd, 2020, 2:42 am

taken2often's marvelous ideas should have been applied to the Brexit vote...

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » December 22nd, 2020, 9:33 am

taken2often wrote:You just repeat the media mantra wheres the evidence. There have been many hearings proving the evidence but they keep ignoring it.

Go on, then, name one. With a link, please?

But this will soon be history. Sadly, Trump's determination to declare martial law and stage a constitutional coup is more than adequately covered by both the mainstream and the Trumpist nutjob media.

Of course, he'll need the support of the armed forces, whose leaders have been unanimous in telling him no chance . But heck, there's always the Proud Boys. Which Rudy Giuliani probably thinks are a gospel choir. Praise the lord and pass the ammunition. :|

BJ

Watis
Lemon Quarter

Postby Watis » December 22nd, 2020, 9:51 am

taken2often wrote:
<snip>

You just repeat the media mantra wheres the evidence. There have been many hearings proving the evidence but they keep ignoring it. The Govenor and the Attorney General of the six disputed states are all blocking the examination of the votes to check for those not conforming to the law. If it was a good election whats the problem. The votes are supposed to be published by law. There has been some independent checks that show the number of dead voters, voters who have left the state and voters with non residential addresses that are against the law. The numbers appear to wipe out Biden's majority, if this is the case they certainly would not like a vote check.

<snip>

I doubt that a court can choose to ignore evidence provided by the plaintiff - otherwise, what are they for?

The hand recounts that I've seen reported all found more votes for Biden.

Here's a recent story about a dead voter - whose vote was cast for Trump!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurk ... hers-name/

There are others, e.g.:

https://www.inquirer.com/news/bruce-bar ... 01221.html

Watis

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » December 22nd, 2020, 10:52 am

It certainly sounds as if it's getting BIBLICAL* :

Infinity culture war: what now for Trump's Hollywood supporters?

The Guardian

From actor Jon Voight to Kirstie Alley, Trump’s celebrity fans have declared war on the left – and there is little sign hostilities will end soon

On 11 November, Midnight Cowboy and Coming Home star Jon Voight posted a video on Twitter. “This is our greatest battle since the civil war,” he said, referring to the election results. “The battle of righteousness versus Satan, yes, Satan. Because these leftists are evil, corrupt and they want to tear down this nation.”

Are we, in some sense, seeing the return of 'religion' as a major determinant of allegiance and debate in US public life?

* To quote Sidney Powell - AKA 'The crazy Kraken woman'.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » December 22nd, 2020, 11:36 am

Snopes on the fake social media news story that the military are backing Trump's plans for martial law: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/marti ... christmas/

Bit of a dead giveaway that the scare announcement is in the name of QAnon/Great Awakening. The lies just keep on coming. There's nothing religious about this subject, it's just a naked attempt at a power grab. And whatever Michael "convicted liar" Flynn might say, there hasn't been a national martial law declaration since Lincoln at the start of the civil war. (There have been plenty of state-specific martial laws, though, mostly for cleaning up crime, or for Hawaii after Pearl Harbor, or for suppressing the civil rights movement.)

BJ

Return to “The Meaning of Life”