Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Hand of God Part 2

Religion and Philosophy
Forum rules
we are introducing this on a trial basis and that respect for other's views is important e.g. phrases like "your imaginary friend" or "you will go to hell" are not appropriate
taken2often
Lemon Slice

Hand of God Part 2

Postby taken2often » February 14th, 2021, 2:26 pm

You were all right. God did not help Donald and in turn help me with my financial decision making. Although I did suggest that he may have had a bigger plan to punish American and that may be on course. You wanted Biden and the Democrats, any one other than Trump. To some he has been found not guilty to others probably you, guilty as sin. That is the dilemma. The corruption of human nature is so deem it has surpassed common decency in the USA and here. Not so bad here yet but it is coming. As a test hands up those who believe that Abortion one day before birth is acceptable. The position of the Democratic Party. Feb 4th 2019 on TV The governor of Virginia Ralph Northam promoted the thought of killing a child after birth depending on what the mother wanted. Hands up on that one. America has gone past the worst of Sodom and Gomorrah, with lies, deceit, fake news misdirection and giving the nod to lawlessness, as long as it is in the left.

You have your bed to lie on. We watch and wait. In the meantime trimmed off 160k of US stock. Why Wall Street would support Biden is a total mi
mystery. My be just insurance and perhaps just increase the flow of lobbying funds to the politicians

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Re: Hand of God Part 2

Postby ReformedCharacter » February 14th, 2021, 2:33 pm

taken2often wrote:You were all right. God did not help Donald and in turn help me with my financial decision making. Although I did suggest that he may have had a bigger plan to punish American and that may be on course. You wanted Biden and the Democrats, any one other than Trump. To some he has been found not guilty to others probably you, guilty as sin. That is the dilemma. The corruption of human nature is so deem it has surpassed common decency in the USA and here. Not so bad here yet but it is coming. As a test hands up those who believe that Abortion one day before birth is acceptable. The position of the Democratic Party. Feb 4th 2019 on TV The governor of Virginia Ralph Northam promoted the thought of killing a child after birth depending on what the mother wanted. Hands up on that one. America has gone past the worst of Sodom and Gomorrah, with lies, deceit, fake news misdirection and giving the nod to lawlessness, as long as it is in the left.

You have your bed to lie on. We watch and wait. In the meantime trimmed off 160k of US stock. Why Wall Street would support Biden is a total mi
mystery. My be just insurance and perhaps just increase the flow of lobbying funds to the politicians

Do you actually believe in a God that meddles with US politics?

RC

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » February 14th, 2021, 2:35 pm

ReformedCharacter wrote:
Do you actually believe in a God that meddles with US politics?

Bush, Obama and Trump go to a job interview with God...

God asks Bush: "What do you believe in?"

Bush answers: "I believe in the free market, and the strong American nation!"

"Very well", says God. "Come sit to my right."

Next, God asks Obama: "What do you believe in?"

Obama answers: "I believe in the power of democracy, and equal rights for all."

"Good", says God. "You shall sit to my left."

Finally, God asks Trump: "What do you believe in?"

Trump answers: "I believe you're sitting in my chair..."

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

ursaminortaur
Lemon Half

Postby ursaminortaur » February 14th, 2021, 3:19 pm

taken2often wrote:As a test hands up those who believe that Abortion one day before birth is acceptable. The position of the Democratic Party. Feb 4th 2019 on TV The governor of Virginia Ralph Northam promoted the thought of killing a child after birth depending on what the mother wanted. Hands up on that one. America has gone past the worst of Sodom and Gomorrah, with lies, deceit, fake news misdirection and giving the nod to lawlessness, as long as it is in the left.

South Park got there first.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0705903/characters/nm0910383

Liane Cartman : [At the Unplanned Parenthood Clinic] I want to have... an abortion.

Nurse Goodly : Oh, well, we can do that. This must be a very difficult time for you, Mrs...

Liane Cartman : Cartman. Yes, it's such a hard decision but I just don't feel like I can raise a child in this screwy world.

Nurse Goodly : Yes, Ms. Cartman, if you don't feel fit to raise a child, an abortion probably is the answer. Do you know the actual time of conception?

Liane Cartman : About 8 years ago.

Nurse Goodly : [thinking] I see... So the fetus is...

Liane Cartman : 8 years old.

Nurse Goodly : Ms. Cartman, 8 years old is a little late to be considering abortion.

Liane Cartman : Really?

Nurse Goodly : Yes, this is what we would refer to as the 40th trimester.

Liane Cartman : But I just don't think I'm a fit mother.

Nurse Goodly : But we prefer to abort babies a little earlier on. In fact, there's a law against abortions after the 2nd trimester.

Liane Cartman : Well, I think you need to keep your laws off of my body!

Nurse Goodly : Hummm... I'm afraid I can't help you, Ms. Cartman. If you want to change the law, you'll have to speak with your congressman.

Liane Cartman : Well, that's exactly what I intend to do! Good day.

And even earlier than that is the SciFi story by Philip K Dick

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pre-persons

The story was an anti-abortion response to Roe v. Wade. Dick imagines a future where the United States Congress has decided that abortion is legal until the soul enters the body. The specific instant is defined by the administration, at present the moment a person has the ability to perform simple algebraic calculations (around the age of 12).

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » February 14th, 2021, 3:58 pm

taken2often wrote:You were all right. God did not help Donald and in turn help me with my financial decision making.

Given that your thesis was that Trump had been sent to bring in the imminent end of the world, I'm all agog to know what you thought your financial decision making was likely to achieve?
You wanted Biden and the Democrats, any one other than Trump.

They way I recall it, there was a choice of two. The winner was the one who didn't try to get his right hand man murdered. Tough decision, I know. ;)
We watch and wait. In the meantime trimmed off 160k of US stock. Why Wall Street would support Biden is a total mi
mystery.

Plenty of reasons to sell US stocks at the moment, but a failure to elect a whining criminal psychopath isn't one of them.

So tell us again. What would Jesus have done?

BJ

taken2often
Lemon Slice

Postby taken2often » February 14th, 2021, 10:28 pm

So no hands up yet. I liked the first reply now that is funny. Dont quite understand the second reply other than the point of wanting to abort an 8 year old, some may see that as humorous.

The third one is just the usual vitriol based on the popular poor understanding of what is going on. I saw Trump as the man in the middle of two corrupt parties trying to fight for the average citizen and fighting the swamp. They were to powerful for him this election. So if you could not see the attacks on him over 4 years as anything other than despicable. Then perhaps you are part of the problem. Hence my statement about American society.

I have no idea if God could be bothered with the US, but I do know that the American churches are in despair at the low morality levels of Liberal and Left. There appears to be no decency left.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » February 15th, 2021, 6:03 am

Moderator Message:
Thread locked - The Polite Discussions board would have been an appropriate board for this type of discussion, but just because that board has been removed from use it does not give an excuse to turn other boards into pseudo-PD discussion areas. Any further attempts to do so will be removed without warning or notification - Itsallaguess

Return to “The Meaning of Life”