Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Trump appoints creationist to education role

Religion and Philosophy
Forum rules
we are introducing this on a trial basis and that respect for other's views is important e.g. phrases like "your imaginary friend" or "you will go to hell" are not appropriate
redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Trump appoints creationist to education role

Postby redsturgeon » February 2nd, 2017, 8:03 am

Jerry Falwell Jnr (that name rings a bell) has been appointed by Trump to lead taskforce on higher education!

Should we be worried...I am!

John

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: Trump appoints creationist to education role

Postby UncleEbenezer » February 2nd, 2017, 8:54 am

The Republican party is heavily in hock to the US Taliban. That'll be why Pence is there. This appointment of a name that echoes the best-known mad mullah of all will be another bone thrown to them.

I wouldn't let it worry you too much: there are much bigger causes for concern! After all, higher education isn't indoctrination of small children. The mullahs already control that de-facto in parts of the US, regardless of anything the President does.

Dubya was a dangerous theocrat. With Trump it's more likely to be realpolitik.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » February 2nd, 2017, 6:57 pm

redsturgeon wrote:Jerry Falwell Jnr (that name rings a bell)

Yes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Falwell

RowdyReptile
Lemon Slice

Postby RowdyReptile » February 12th, 2017, 8:30 pm

redsturgeon wrote:Jerry Falwell Jnr (that name rings a bell) has been appointed by Trump to lead taskforce on higher education!

Should we be worried...I am!

John

I would worry if Falwell would truly have any power, but honestly, has the Department of Education in the US, since its creation in 1979, done its job? In other words, Why is the American taxpayer paying these people?

I say it hasn't. Now, a Falwell would not help, but the real problem is with the inefficient bureaucracy. Even though I have a faith, I do not want someone like Falwell even sniffing the Department of Education. In fact, I think that department can rightly be done away with.

I suppose the real question is how to improve education in the US, or anywhere else for that matter. Increasing government bureaucrats is hardly the answer anymore than a Bible thumper.

RR

Return to “The Meaning of Life”