Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6, for Donating to support the site

If You Ever Feel Like a Loser

Religion and Philosophy
Forum rules
we are introducing this on a trial basis and that respect for other's views is important e.g. phrases like "your imaginary friend" or "you will go to hell" are not appropriate
WickedLester
Lemon Slice

If You Ever Feel Like a Loser

Postby WickedLester » April 18th, 2024, 6:41 pm

A thought occurred to me when talking to an acquaintance in the pub a few years ago who was feeling sorry for himself.

If you ever feel like a loser consider that the reason you're alive is because your genes have brought something to the table of evolution ever since the first single celled life evolved from ammonia or whatever millions of years ago (that is if you believe in evolution) and what they bring is exactly the same as every other person alive in that moment.

That's not allegorical by the way if you're considering some of my recent posts. I don't feel like a loser, although I am nearly 52 and childless so maybe I am. But I'm still hopeful.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Re: If You Ever Feel Like a Loser

Postby Lootman » April 18th, 2024, 6:53 pm

Or as my mother used to say:

"Everyone had a useful purpose in life, even if only to serve as a horrible example for others".

Return to “The Meaning of Life”