Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to OLTB,Cornytiv34,Blatter,eyeball08,ADrunkenMarcus, for Donating to support the site

How to save the NHS hundreds of billions of pounds

Fitness tips, Relaxation, Mind and Body
Snorvey
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 3077
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 12:51 pm
Has thanked: 1178 times
Been thanked: 1291 times

How to save the NHS hundreds of billions of pounds

#276291

Postby Snorvey » January 9th, 2020, 10:55 pm


Lootman
Lemon Half
Posts: 6539
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 3:58 pm
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 1022 times

Re: How to save the NHS hundreds of billions of pounds

#276294

Postby Lootman » January 9th, 2020, 11:01 pm

"no more alcohol than a small glass of wine a day for women and a pint of beer for men"

If that is the limit then I'd rather not live an extra decade. It would feel like three.

servodude
Lemon Slice
Posts: 533
Joined: November 8th, 2016, 5:56 am
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 109 times

Re: How to save the NHS hundreds of billions of pounds

#276315

Postby servodude » January 10th, 2020, 3:10 am

Lootman wrote:"no more alcohol than a small glass of wine a day for women and a pint of beer for men"

If that is the limit then I'd rather not live an extra decade. It would feel like three.


a pint of Tactical Nuclear Penguin?
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16315/54571/

- sd

Snorvey
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 3077
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 12:51 pm
Has thanked: 1178 times
Been thanked: 1291 times

Re: How to save the NHS hundreds of billions of pounds

#276317

Postby Snorvey » January 10th, 2020, 7:00 am

Lootman wrote:"no more alcohol than a small glass of wine a day for women and a pint of beer for men"

If that is the limit then I'd rather not live an extra decade. It would feel like three.


Thought you were private anyway. Crack on!

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1193
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 11:53 am
Has thanked: 1272 times
Been thanked: 190 times

Re: How to save the NHS hundreds of billions of pounds

#276358

Postby jackdaww » January 10th, 2020, 10:12 am

Snorvey wrote:
Lootman wrote:"no more alcohol than a small glass of wine a day for women and a pint of beer for men"

If that is the limit then I'd rather not live an extra decade. It would feel like three.


Thought you were private anyway. Crack on!


==========================

i have never drunk a pint of beer , a glass of wine once a year perhaps.

quite like irish cream though ...

:D

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 3718
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 11:35 am
Has thanked: 804 times
Been thanked: 843 times

Re: How to save the NHS hundreds of billions of pounds

#276368

Postby AleisterCrowley » January 10th, 2020, 10:26 am

The government alcohol guidelines are 'bad science' anyway - have a look at the variation across EU countries. Apparently (and I can't find the reference) the government maximum is the point at which the risks for an average person start to go slightly above those for a teetotaler.
Mortality rates for moderate drinkers are lower than those for teetotalers - I reckon part of this is the positive effect on well-being from going out and socialising with one's fellow humans, rather than sitting at home in front of the TV/PC sipping mineral water

Sadly I'm off the beer currently, to shed a couple of pounds. It will not last as I have a meeting up north next week with an overnight stay, near some very good bars...

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1193
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 11:53 am
Has thanked: 1272 times
Been thanked: 190 times

Re: How to save the NHS hundreds of billions of pounds

#276370

Postby jackdaww » January 10th, 2020, 10:30 am

AleisterCrowley wrote:The government alcohol guidelines are 'bad science' anyway - have a look at the variation across EU countries. Apparently (and I can't find the reference) the government maximum is the point at which the risks for an average person start to go slightly above those for a teetotaler.
Mortality rates for moderate drinkers are lower than those for teetotalers - I reckon part of this is the positive effect on well-being from going out and socialising with one's fellow humans, rather than sitting at home in front of the TV/PC sipping mineral water

Sadly I'm off the beer currently, to shed a couple of pounds. It will not last as I have a meeting up north next week with an overnight stay, near some very good bars...


=============================

a couple of pounds is not overweight !

perhaps you mean a couple of stone ....

;) :)

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 3718
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 11:35 am
Has thanked: 804 times
Been thanked: 843 times

Re: How to save the NHS hundreds of billions of pounds

#276395

Postby AleisterCrowley » January 10th, 2020, 12:00 pm

It's a couple of pounds added over Christmas, although a bout of norovirus helped with keeping the weight down...
(BMI currently about 24...)

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1193
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 11:53 am
Has thanked: 1272 times
Been thanked: 190 times

Re: How to save the NHS hundreds of billions of pounds

#276399

Postby jackdaww » January 10th, 2020, 12:27 pm

AleisterCrowley wrote:It's a couple of pounds added over Christmas, although a bout of norovirus helped with keeping the weight down...
(BMI currently about 24...)


=====================

thats excellent , my bmi is 17 -- 6ft , 9stone , i cant put on weight .! would love to be bmi20 .

:)

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 3718
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 11:35 am
Has thanked: 804 times
Been thanked: 843 times

Re: How to save the NHS hundreds of billions of pounds

#276404

Postby AleisterCrowley » January 10th, 2020, 1:00 pm

You need to drink more beer - it's good for you ."Liquid bread"...


Return to “Health & Wellbeing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests