Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to uspaul666,WrongLicence388,CryptoPlankton,Anonymous,Instep, for Donating to support the site

Coronavirus Health - Please don't start another one here on H&W

Fitness tips, Relaxation, Mind and Body
Charlottesquare
Lemon Quarter

Re: Coronavirus Health - Please don't start another one here on H&W

Postby Charlottesquare » October 22nd, 2020, 8:56 am

look wrote:
Charlottesquare wrote:
look wrote:

I have not yet seen any authority claim that promiscuity can increase contagion.

I think sexual promiscuity is important.

Just insist they all use masks during the process.

I think that other body fluids transmitit it too, so the masks wouldn't prevent covid transmission.

Well maybe your plan will work, ban it outright and in 100 odd years the last person dies and then Covid is no longer an issue for humans, merely eliminate the hosts.

look
Lemon Pip

Postby look » October 22nd, 2020, 6:27 pm

sex between a couple is one thing, promiscuity is other thing

look
Lemon Pip

Postby look » November 13th, 2020, 2:43 am

there is an article in the site wallstreet.com with this title:

WE MIGHT GET BACK TO NORMAL EVEN BEFORE VACCINE BY USING THIS CENTURY-OLD METHOD TO TREAT COVID-19

the method is the blood-plasma therapy

feder1
Lemon Slice

Postby feder1 » November 15th, 2020, 11:48 am

Olumiant is an arthritis drug found to reduce death from covid by two thirds in older patients!

This is today,s good news!

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2020 ... two-thirds

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » November 15th, 2020, 5:34 pm

Mike4 wrote:
csearle wrote:My (totally limited) understanding of it is that because of the lack of accuracy of the rapid test it only really makes sense if many people use it, so that on balance the reproduction rate reduces. Just one person doing is of much smaller significance. C.

Well yes that is the whole point of them AIUI.

I'm not sure I understand your point about individual results being of little value. If an individual person was otherwise going to work on a given day day regardless of whether they are carrying an infection (because currently they have no way of knowing), how can even a fairly high rate of inaccuracy cause any harm?

A positive Rapid Test in the morning would result in staying off work and applying for an accurate PCR test. A negative Rapid Test even if false, results in one going to work that day just as one would have done anyway, without the Rapid Test being available.

Perhaps you could you answer over on the coronavirus thread if I'm missing something as this is DAK. Thanks.
Hi, no I am certainly no expert as I hope you appreciate. Far from it! Deliberately didn't suggest it was of "little value" but rather "of much smaller significance". My reasoning is that based on the test detecting about three quarters of actual positives then sometimes you will correctly reduce the spread, which is better than nothing I agree. but doing it alone has a much smaller effect that if everyone in your town were to be doing it before setting off out of the house. Chris

GrahamPlatt
Lemon Slice

Postby GrahamPlatt » November 19th, 2020, 6:21 pm

feder1 wrote:Olumiant is an arthritis drug found to reduce death from covid by two thirds in older patients!

This is today,s good news!

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2020 ... two-thirds

And another one - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... nts-in-icu

look
Lemon Pip

Postby look » November 28th, 2020, 1:37 am

This post is about the use of acetyl cysteine to cobat the coronavirus, but please let me talk a bit firtst.

Bad guys assaulted me in my house at. 3 a.m. They beat me many times on the head. i Theu wanted golds and other things that i don't have. Brazil needs strong laws against the robbers, the robbers are idos here for a long time. To change that we need strong laws that are the contrary that europeans want to the world. They need individual jails with low carbon diet (famine), no shower, no visit, and several things to made their live in jail very nasty. Otherwise they will continue to be idols.

after suffering this assault i search what i could do for save my head. Then i come to NAC n acetiyl cysteine. It seems it's good for covid.

I have fear that i have hemorragy in the brain, for that it seems there's no alternative solution.

https://www.dovepress.com/n-acetylcyste ... ticle-TCRM

look
Lemon Pip

Postby look » November 28th, 2020, 2:14 am

i ask google: can n acetyl cysteyne help to combat covid?

the answer:

N-acetylcysteine (NAC) is inexpensive, has very low toxicity, has been FDA approved for many years, and has the potential to improve therapeutic strategies for COVID-19. NAC administered intravenously, orally, or inhaled, may suppress SARS-CoV-2 replication and may improve outcomes if used timely

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » November 28th, 2020, 11:31 am

look wrote:i ask google: can n acetyl cysteyne help to combat covid?

the answer:

N-acetylcysteine (NAC) is inexpensive, has very low toxicity, has been FDA approved for many years, and has the potential to improve therapeutic strategies for COVID-19. NAC administered intravenously, orally, or inhaled, may suppress SARS-CoV-2 replication and may improve outcomes if used timely

This is the clinical date sheet. N-acetylcysteine is a "Mucolytic adjuvant in the therapy of respiratory disorders associated with thick, viscous, mucus hypersecretion."

It is a POM in the UK (prescription only medicine). I'd imagine repiratory physicians are well versed in its use where appropriate.

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/2488/smpc#gref

John

look
Lemon Pip

Postby look » November 28th, 2020, 5:01 pm

John, it seems that you didn't read the link of dovepress.

here an excerpt:

N-Acetylcysteine, a Forgotten Immune-Modulating Agent
N-acetylcysteine (NAC), a precursor of the antioxidant glutathione, has been used to loosen thick mucus in the lungs and treat acetaminophen overdose for decades. However, NAC can also boost the immune system, suppress viral replication, and reduce inflammation. Despite these valuable features, NAC has been mostly overlooked throughout SARS-Cov and MERS-Cov epidemics, as well as the current COVID-19 pandemic.

Return to “Health & Wellbeing”