Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Is it right?

Fitness tips, Relaxation, Mind and Body
WickedLester
Lemon Slice

Is it right?

Postby WickedLester » December 7th, 2021, 7:39 am

Not to go into the office when you have a cold.

Yesterday at work I started coughing and sneezing and had a constantly runny nose.

This morning I have a thick head and still feel a bit rough but probably well enough to go to work.

I have decided to take the day off, not because I don't think I can work but because I feel it is a bit inconsiderate to pass my germs on to the lady that is teaching me the job.

So am I being considerate and doing the right thing or am I just a malingerer?

pje16
Lemon Half

Re: Is it right?

Postby pje16 » December 7th, 2021, 8:16 am

probably best to stay at home
every time you cough you will get stared at :lol:
and spend your time explaining

get well soon

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » December 7th, 2021, 9:29 am

WickedLester wrote:Not to go into the office when you have a cold.

Yesterday at work I started coughing and sneezing and had a constantly runny nose.

This morning I have a thick head and still feel a bit rough but probably well enough to go to work.

I have decided to take the day off, not because I don't think I can work but because I feel it is a bit inconsiderate to pass my germs on to the lady that is teaching me the job.

Firstly, you might actually have covid. The initial symptoms of Delta are much the same as having a cold AIUI. Have you tested yourself?

Secondly, another approach is to go into the office but wear a mask to reduce spreading around of your germy breath. This I gather, is considered the polite thing to do is certain Asian countries.

But I agree, in the current climate of concern about covid it might be better not to go into the office coughing and sneezing, whatever the cause. It will worry people.

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » December 7th, 2021, 9:47 am

Mike4 wrote:
WickedLester wrote:Not to go into the office when you have a cold.

Firstly, you might actually have covid. The initial symptoms of Delta are much the same as having a cold AIUI. Have you tested yourself?

Secondly, another approach is to go into the office but wear a mask to reduce spreading around of your germy breath. This I gather, is considered the polite thing to do is certain Asian countries.

But I agree, in the current climate of concern about covid it might be better not to go into the office coughing and sneezing, whatever the cause. It will worry people.

What he says ^ makes sense.

Get tested
Get the all clear
Work from home till you're better if you can; or go back to the office, masked up if you need to.
Coughing and sneezing over workmates was never acceptable and if there's one good thing comes out of this pandemic I hope it's an awareness of that.

In related news - lab tech at the wife's school came in, wearing a mask last week, and looking rough. Was sent home at lunchtime, and told to test. Her test came back positive; and a few days later so have two of her colleagues she was with that morning.

-sd

WickedLester
Lemon Slice

Postby WickedLester » December 7th, 2021, 10:52 am

Well I took the advice and did a LFT which came back negative so presumably I don't have COVID.

If i'm better tomorrow i'll go back to work.

Return to “Health & Wellbeing”