Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Online GPs etc

Fitness tips, Relaxation, Mind and Body
Laughton
Lemon Slice

Re: Online GPs etc

Postby Laughton » June 16th, 2020, 11:26 am

You're lucky - we only get one per year.

Haven't had/bothered to use it as yet but one thing I think you need to check on is that if the online GP should prescribe medication then as this is effectively a private consultation would you have to pay full price rather than just the "prescription" charge or possibly no charge at all under the NHS?

Not sure that your GP would be upset - after all, in our surgery at least, the chances of seeing the same doctor twice running is tiny.

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » June 16th, 2020, 11:13 pm

Our GP has an arrangement with Livi for out of hours and on-line appointments. I have never used it, but they promote it on their website. There is a link to Livi from https://www.midsussexhealthcare.co.uk/services-2

TJH

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » May 12th, 2021, 1:45 pm

Just had a reply from the Advertising Standards Authority about a complaint I made about LIVI's adverts on the radio (Classic FM). I complained that the advertisement stated 'same day appointments', which from my wife's experience was untrue. I wasn't expecting a very helpful reply, but:

I can confirm that we’ve assessed the ad you highlighted and from the information we have, we think the ad is likely to have broken the Advertising Codes that we administer and have therefore taken steps to address the issue. We have explained your concerns to the advertiser and provided guidance to them on the areas that require attention, together with advice on how to ensure that their advertising complies with the Codes.

RC

Return to “Health & Wellbeing”