Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Subconscious prodding

Fitness tips, Relaxation, Mind and Body
Fluke
Lemon Slice

Subconscious prodding

Postby Fluke » April 27th, 2021, 2:30 pm

I had a dream last night that I could hear water trickling, it sounded like it was coming from the attic, I remember thinking - I must get up there and see what that is - but I got distracted and went downstairs. A while later conversation was interrupted by the same sound only louder, like it was in the house. I ran upstairs and looked up, the bedroom ceiling was about to collapse, water was pouring down the walls. I ran downstairs but woke up before I could work out how to turn the water off.

The MRI I had done a week or so ago is playing on my mind, as my subconscious cornily goads me for ignoring the trickling in the attic over the house that is my world, for too long, and now the cracks are starting to show.

We’ll see what the neurologist says but you know you’re in trouble when the better outcome is that you’re losing your marbles.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: Subconscious prodding

Postby bungeejumper » April 27th, 2021, 5:19 pm

Empathy and best wishes. Matter of fact, I had a covid-delayed MRI the week before last - which had been doubly nerve-wracking because you're supposed to have post-cancer checks every year, and mine was running twelve months overdue. :? I'll admit that I was not the easiest of people to deal with for a couple of weeks!

Got the all-clear on Saturday, though. May your results, when they arrive, be also at the top end. As for the dream, yes, it's probably giving you useful cues about the pressure you're under. Well done for sharing it - you're facing it, not dodging it, and that's an excellent place to start.

BJ

Return to “Health & Wellbeing”