Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Repeat Meds Requires Credit Card number

Fitness tips, Relaxation, Mind and Body
gnawsome
Lemon Slice

Repeat Meds Requires Credit Card number

Postby gnawsome » March 15th, 2024, 1:40 pm

I have just attempted to order repeat meds. I have all the usual ID requirements but the system does not function and I get redirected to a page that demands a credit card number indicating that I authorise a payment of £1 which they say will be refunded.
Is it a scam?
It looks like a scam and seems designed to look like a scam.
I tried to ring the GP but auto response says closed from 13:00~15:00.
Improvements?

Watis
Lemon Quarter

Re: Repeat Meds Requires Credit Card number

Postby Watis » March 15th, 2024, 2:13 pm

gnawsome wrote:I have just attempted to order repeat meds. I have all the usual ID requirements but the system does not function and I get redirected to a page that demands a credit card number indicating that I authorise a payment of £1 which they say will be refunded.
Is it a scam?
It looks like a scam and seems designed to look like a scam.
I tried to ring the GP but auto response says closed from 13:00~15:00.
Improvements?

This does sound a bit scammy - can you check you've gone to the website you intended to?

I ordered repeat meds from the 'patientaccess' site yesterday - and was not asked for payment.

Watis

gnawsome
Lemon Slice

Postby gnawsome » March 15th, 2024, 2:19 pm

Watis wrote:
This does sound a bit scammy - can you check you've gone to the website you intended to?

I ordered repeat meds from the 'patientaccess' site yesterday - and was not asked for payment.

Watis

Hi I scouted around a bit and found what I recognised as the earlier version of 'patient acccess'. Happy to say it all went as required. I reckon that justifies our earlier scepticism and thanks for the prompt response

Alaric
Lemon Half

Postby Alaric » March 15th, 2024, 2:23 pm

Watis wrote:I ordered repeat meds from the 'patientaccess' site yesterday - and was not asked for payment.

There do seem to be a number of systems operated by GP Practices for repeat prescriptions. If you have to pay prescription charges and don't have the NHS prepayment card, presumably the pharmacy will ask for payment. But what if the prescription is delivered? Would the ordering sysstem have to demand payment.

But as said, if no payment is needed, it shouldn't be asking for card details.

Watis
Lemon Quarter

Postby Watis » March 15th, 2024, 8:53 pm

Alaric wrote:
Watis wrote:I ordered repeat meds from the 'patientaccess' site yesterday - and was not asked for payment.

There do seem to be a number of systems operated by GP Practices for repeat prescriptions. If you have to pay prescription charges and don't have the NHS prepayment card, presumably the pharmacy will ask for payment. But what if the prescription is delivered? Would the ordering sysstem have to demand payment.

But as said, if no payment is needed, it shouldn't be asking for card details.

A good point Alaric.

Based on their previous posts, I knew that gnawsome is entitled to free prescriptions, so knew that they shouldn't be presented with a payment option.

Where appropriate, it may be possible to pay for prescriptions via the paymentaccess site, or equivalents - I don't know.

Or, would the prescription charge be payable on collection?

Watis

the0ni0nking
Lemon Slice

Postby the0ni0nking » March 15th, 2024, 9:16 pm

I've never ordered medication for delivery to my home, but surely for most "collection from pharmacy" medication you pay at the pharmacy/present the PPC?

I wouldn't be paying for anything in advance in this regard.

(NB - I have high blood pressure medication on repeat prescription - the only thing I get told about is when the renewal is 12 months after my last medical review and they say you won't get your next prescription until you book and go to a GP review).

Return to “Health & Wellbeing”