Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Are TR Property trust distributions NON-PID or PID

RajK

Are TR Property trust distributions NON-PID or PID

Postby RajK » October 27th, 2023, 1:49 pm

Many years ago i did know the answer to this myself but with me having to now invest outside my ISA (maxed out ) i am trying to clarify if indeed TR Property distributions are PID or NON PID. I was previously under the impression that they were NON PId and hence were taxed as dividend income, not income tax.

I would appreciate if anyone that is in the know to confirm.

I did in the first instance call the TR Property phone number on their website but there is no answer, tried six times.

Cheers

Raji

Alaric
Lemon Half

Re: Are TR Property trust distributions NON-PID or PID

Postby Alaric » October 27th, 2023, 2:03 pm

RajK wrote:Many years ago i did know the answer to this myself but with me having to now invest outside my ISA (maxed out ) i am trying to clarify if indeed TR Property distributions are PID or NON PID. I was previously under the impression that they were NON PId and hence were taxed as dividend income, not income tax.

As far as I can tell from a Google search, TR Property is an Investment Trust which holds Property Companies, not a REIT which would hold properties directly. PID would not be applicable.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » October 27th, 2023, 2:32 pm

PIDs only apply to dividends from REITs. Surely TR Property Trust is an investment trust and not a REIT so they are just ordinary dividends. In any case, when a REIT declares a dividend it will tell you if the dividend is a PID or not. It could be or not or could be part PID and part not.

Dod

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » October 27th, 2023, 3:16 pm

TRY invest in companies that are REITS and receive some of their income in the form of PIDs.

See page 41.
https://www.fundslibrary.co.uk/FundsLib ... V1UoMl&r=1

They distribute ('conventional') dividends as they are an Investment Trust.

Return to “REITs & Property Companies”