Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Alternative Income REIT (AIRE) looking good value...

SKYSHIP
Lemon Slice

Alternative Income REIT (AIRE) looking good value...

Postby SKYSHIP » April 10th, 2021, 2:00 pm

REIT followers will have seen that many are restoring dividends cut in the face of COVID last March. I try to track everything from my spreadsheet portfolio of 18 REITs, most of the charts of which appear on ADVFN's CP+ thread.

The one I believe to be best VALUE from an increasing dividend point of view is AIRE.

At 63.5p they stand at a 25% discount to the Dec'20 NAV of 84.68p. They are targeting a return to a 5.5p dividend by Sept'22; delivering a prospective yield of 8.66%.

The other interesting aspect is the 15% stake by Jersey-based Glenstone; acquired by public tender in November last year. Also the appointment in May'20 of the major player M7 as manager. Why? - this for a mini-REIT with a portfolio of just £108m.

The result is the distinct possibility of some sort of corporate activity in the year ahead.

So all-in-all AIRE again looks value after the recent 10% retrace from as high as 71p.

Alaric
Lemon Half

Re: Alternative Income REIT (AIRE) looking good value...

Postby Alaric » April 10th, 2021, 2:26 pm

SKYSHIP wrote:REIT followers will have seen that many are restoring dividends cut in the face of COVID last March.

In some cases was this a forced decision in order to retain REIT status? Speculation from this time last year was that companies with REIT status would restore their dividends rather sooner than "ordinary" companies might.

SKYSHIP
Lemon Slice

Re: Alternative Income REIT (AIRE) looking good value...

Postby SKYSHIP » April 28th, 2021, 11:26 am

Personally I took the turn at 69.5p...can never resist a quick profit; and ever eager to move on to the next one looking anomalously cheap versus their peers.

Added the cash from a recent sale of RGL at 84p, then bought into CLS Holdings (CLI), as I posted yesterday on the REIT/Propco thread. Their discount is an obvious attraction as prices climb and discounts tumble all around them.

I strongly recommend watching CLI's Final Presentation - link in my post.

Return to “REITs & Property Companies”