Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

iWeb not allowing share purchase?

Investment discussion for beginners. Why you should invest your money, get help getting started
DampSeaweed

Re: iWeb not allowing share purchase?

Postby DampSeaweed » April 21st, 2020, 2:29 pm

Well I-Web seem to have got their ‘TradePlan’ (limit orders etc) working again. Though it dos seem to struggle executing the orders. The same goes for getting a live price. For GLEN this morning 90%+ of my requests for a quote were defaulted to the lucky dip that is ‘negotiated trade’.
It does seem that they have put some sort of traffic calming algo in place. Not sure why. The effect is a bit like sending a six year old to a busy market to buy some oranges.....Just be grateful if you get the oranges
ps I can see the live prices and at the same time watch IWeb struggle to execute. All rather stressful

Laughton
Lemon Slice

Postby Laughton » April 21st, 2020, 3:49 pm

Sorry - not relating to "share purchases" but they seem to be really really slow currently at crediting dividends paid. iDeling credited my account for NWBD on April 16th but still noting as far as holding with iWeb.

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » April 21st, 2020, 6:35 pm

Laughton wrote:Sorry - not relating to "share purchases" but they seem to be really really slow currently at crediting dividends paid. iDeling credited my account for NWBD on April 16th but still noting as far as holding with iWeb.

I got NWBD on 16th as well on my ii account. Strange that iWeb is so slow. It's actually Halifax, i.e. Lloyds, and they're usually very good at this. A few years ago I was criticising Interactive Investor and wishing they'd be as good as iWeb/Halifax/Lloyds. Maybe just a glitch?

Steve

Laughton
Lemon Slice

Postby Laughton » April 21st, 2020, 7:10 pm

Maybe someone there reads this board - they credited dividends to my account after market close this afternoon.

It does seem to happen quite often with them (for me anyway).

DampSeaweed

Postby DampSeaweed » April 22nd, 2020, 1:10 pm

Yes my NWBD was credited on 21/04.
For many years IWeb have been astonishingly slow my BOI payment. Typically 10-21days after ex div date. For a couple of years I harangued them and they always claimed, I kid you not, the cheque had got lost in the post. In the end I gave up and I don’t look any more. With the likes of RDSB et al I think they are quite good.

DampSeaweed

Postby DampSeaweed » July 11th, 2021, 8:43 am

I have previously bemoaned the limited ‘plain vanilla’ product availability of IWeb/ HSDL, but I was even more surprised to find that they don’t seem to offer Ghesham House Energy Storage Fund (GRID).
Yet they do offer Gresham Technology PLC (GHT) and also Gore Street Energy Storage Fund (GSF), which are both smaller funds.
I can’t help wondering if there is a commission based problem with the IWeb/HSDL product offering rather than the risk based concern for investor wellbeing nonsense that I’ve been given from their Online chat service.

GeoffF100
Lemon Quarter

Postby GeoffF100 » July 11th, 2021, 5:43 pm

DampSeaweed wrote:I can’t help wondering if there is a commission based problem with the IWeb/HSDL product offering rather than the risk based concern for investor wellbeing nonsense that I’ve been given from their Online chat service.

The regulator does not allow commissions.

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » July 11th, 2021, 6:08 pm

DampSeaweed wrote:I have previously bemoaned the limited ‘plain vanilla’ product availability of IWeb/ HSDL, but I was even more surprised to find that they don’t seem to offer Ghesham House Energy Storage Fund (GRID).

Put in a formal complaint about it not being available and asking for it to be made so. Include the name, TIDM (GRID), ISIN and especially the SEDOL. Be prepared for a couple of times round.

For format see viewtopic.php?f=26&t=28452&p=395927#p395927

bluedonkey
Lemon Quarter

Postby bluedonkey » July 12th, 2021, 4:56 pm

Thought I would post on this thread, though not related to share purchase.

I transferred my EQI ISA to iWeb. All the shares transferred across correctly except British Aerospace. I have been credited with exactly double the true number of shares! The book cost is correct but the valuation is double what it should be. Sadly I think I will not be getting double the dividends, no doubt it will get sorted soon. I'll wait a week or so for it to sort itself out.

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » July 12th, 2021, 11:38 pm

bluedonkey wrote:Thought I would post on this thread, though not related to share purchase.

I transferred my EQI ISA to iWeb. All the shares transferred across correctly except British Aerospace. I have been credited with exactly double the true number of shares! The book cost is correct but the valuation is double what it should be. Sadly I think I will not be getting double the dividends, no doubt it will get sorted soon. I'll wait a week or so for it to sort itself out.

That's nothing.. ;)

My shares transferred from SVS to ITI Crapital....I had 800,000+ dollars worth of Vodafone. When I managed to get out of ITI and transfer to iWeb, nine companies came over as exactly double the correct holding ( and others were actually correct).

( bluedonkey...it will be sorted they'll probably take the shares away ( possibly all of them and not just BAE) and then hopefully do the transfer correctly).

bluedonkey
Lemon Quarter

Postby bluedonkey » July 13th, 2021, 10:06 am

The other odd thing was that most of the shares transferred over from EQI to iWeb, leaving just two holdings (including BA.) not transferred. Those remaining two came over a bit later. I've no idea how the transfer process works, I thought it would all be at the same time or not at all. Odd.

Return to “How Do I Invest”