Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Christmas presents help

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
melonfool
Lemon Quarter

Re: Christmas presents help

Postby melonfool » December 3rd, 2016, 11:03 pm

I've been trying to get everyone to cut down but it's not really working - well, obviously I only know what I have bought, so it's me who can't do it!

My wishlist is mainly books, a couple of CDs and various shower oils. I don't like 'normal' shower stuff and the stuff I like tends to be around £20, so it's a good Christmas list item. I am also getting some lovely plates. I know this because I have bought them. I need a new bag but not quite sure how to get OH to buy that without getting it very very wrong.

OH is getting a Kindle because his will no longer connect to the wifi and he is too lazy to send it to Amazon to make them do something about it, and for some obscure reason he won't use my perfectly functional old one (it's the original with the keyboard, I bought a new one as it didn't fit easily in my handbag).

He's also got a few books - the Brian Cranston autobiography, a graphic novel about how the first computer was build, a book of political cartoons, he'll probably get some socks as he wears his out in just a few months (I don't think I have *ever* worn out a pair of socks, but his heels just wear through his until they are really just toe warmers). Other than that, consumable stocking fillers like shower gel, chocs, miniature whisky. Photo bauble of all three of us.

Stepson is getting (from me) a kit bag for his scouting etc and a power tower which is six plug sockets and six USB sockets on a rotating tower, useful for his PC and gaming stuff. From OH he'll get some PC stuff, graphics card or something. Stocking will be mainly consumable stuff as I am fed up with his carpet being covered in trodden in toys from Christmas. Photo bauble of him and his dad.

My sister gets some nice coffee, two mugs with birds on, a throw and a book about a dog (can't recall what it is).
Niece - bottle of gin, weekend bag, £20 Amazon voucher.
Nephew - bottle of whisky, book about politics in the US, £20 Amazon voucher.
Niece bf - l'Occitane men's gift set
Nephew gf - vase (they moved into a flat a year or so ago and asked for things for that, and I know they don't need kitchen things)

Godson (aged 11) £20 Amazon voucher.

OH family I provide ideas and buy some stuff, I've bought some nice mugs for his mum and dad and a few toys for his nephews, plus Pokemon socks for his niece.

Our family present to ourselves will be a new, bigger, TV and a sound bar (all of which we would have been buying at some point anyway).

Think that's it.

It's all bought (except the TV).

:)

Mel

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » December 4th, 2016, 9:44 am

I
t's all bought (except the TV).

:)

Mel

Wow Mel...I am impressed.

I might be able to tell you what I've bought the week before Xmas...maybe Xmas eve.

John

Tuppense

Postby Tuppense » December 4th, 2016, 9:08 pm

OH asked for money as there was a rather expensive tool of some sort he wants. He will have a bar of Toblerone and probably a bottle of quaffable plonk, along with a new woolly hat to open on the day.

For combined wedding anniversary and birthday which follow soon after the festive season he has been bought a stone letter carving taster workshop.

I have been bought a leather working taster workshop for the festive celebrations, and a hand embroidery goldwork workshop for my birthday in a few months time.

:-)
2d

muddle

Postby muddle » December 4th, 2016, 10:39 pm

I am not a fan of Mr Clarkson but I love OH so much I am buying him the tech to allow him to watch The Grand Tour.
I'm hoping he will buy me some bath stuff so I can wallow in that whilst he wallows in a bit of boy TV with the boys. A book from my casually composed list of books to buy which I seem to have mislaid in his office would also be welcome.
Merry Christmas all!
J

Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Postby Rhyd6 » December 5th, 2016, 4:51 pm

Like others of a certain maturity we have everything we need so we buy each other a meal at a really good restaurant. This year we will head to Palle Hall near Bala and I've said that he can book a night's stay for my birthday so we won't have to worry about drink driving.

R6

Return to “Does anyone know?”