Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

charity shop donations

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
flyer61
Lemon Slice

Re: charity shop donations

Postby flyer61 » April 8th, 2020, 8:04 pm

Has anybody considered what the ‘smell’ situation will be like in charity shops particularly with warm weather :o

Moderator Message:
Let's not go off on a tangent please (chas49)

gryffron
Lemon Quarter

Postby gryffron » April 8th, 2020, 11:52 pm

"Borrow" the chairs and keep them safe until the shop reopens, then go in and negotiate for their purchase.

To be theft you have to have intent to "permanently deprive" the owner of their possessions. So it isn't theft. Although proving that...? ;) Maybe the note through the door advising of your intentions, as suggested earlier, would stand up in court? Not many burglars leave their contact details.

Gryff

mutantpoodle
Lemon Quarter

Postby mutantpoodle » April 9th, 2020, 8:20 am

they were still there yesterday morning
I have rung the charity local head office who rang london head office and both called me back
OK to take and offer donation as and when they re open

have told daughter to collect........we shall see how long it takes her to go, and if they are still there at that time.

agree all have notices in doors not to leave when closed, but more and more dont consider such 'rules' dont apply to them
(just look at 'lockdown' compliance)
and probably more applicable...once a car is loaded and gets to the shop many folk dont want to take it back home

eepee
Lemon Slice

Postby eepee » April 10th, 2020, 10:14 am

Of course, you can always photograph them, take them and leave a note to indicate what you have done.

Something along the lines of:-
I thought that, being left indefinitely outside the council remove them. Their condition suggests that they were a donation to the shop and it would be a pity if they were 'skipped'.

It so happens that my daughter could use them. I shall therefore see you when the shop re-opens with a view to returning the items or negotiating a price for their purchase.

Regards,
ep

(Oh no! Remove the 'Regards, ep' or I'll be the one to get into trouble!!!!

Return to “Does anyone know?”