Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Restaurant near Moorgate or St Pauls ..

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
Sunnypad
Lemon Slice

Restaurant near Moorgate or St Pauls ..

Postby Sunnypad » August 2nd, 2021, 3:10 pm

For a brunch/lunch on a weekday.

Looking for somewhere here but the places I used to go have mostly closed. A Pain Quotidien type place is fine. Nothing too pricey.

Catch is, not somewhere that requires the NHS app. I know there's a Cote nearby but they were asking for customers to have that last year.

Thanks.

MaraMan
Lemon Slice

Re: Restaurant near Moorgate or St Pauls ..

Postby MaraMan » August 2nd, 2021, 4:02 pm

There are a number of places adjacent to St Pauls, in St Pauls Churchyard and Paternoster Square. I don't know if they require the NHS app or not, most seem to be able to take your contact details if you don't have the app.

MM

Sunnypad
Lemon Slice

Postby Sunnypad » August 2nd, 2021, 5:11 pm

Thank you Mara
Any recommendations, especially for brunch type food like pancakes? My friend is on flying visit and she loves her pancakes!

I'm confused because I thought the law meant leaving details in a restaurant was no longer a legal requirement. Certainly any place not doing it goes to the top of my list!

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Postby AF62 » August 2nd, 2021, 8:09 pm

Sunnypad wrote:not somewhere that requires the NHS app

Restaurants and pubs being required to get customers to Scan in or provide a name and number ended on 19th July in England.

Not a single restaurant or pub I have visited since then (and there have been quite a few) have continued to require it. That is not to say that some don’t still display the QR codes for those who want to do it, the same as people are free to wear masks in shops if they want, just that there isn’t a member of staff at the door insisting on it.

Sunnypad
Lemon Slice

Postby Sunnypad » August 2nd, 2021, 8:33 pm

AF62 wrote:
Sunnypad wrote:not somewhere that requires the NHS app

Restaurants and pubs being required to get customers to Scan in or provide a name and number ended on 19th July in England.

Not a single restaurant or pub I have visited since then (and there have been quite a few) have continued to require it. That is not to say that some don’t still display the QR codes for those who want to do it, the same as people are free to wear masks in shops if they want, just that there isn’t a member of staff at the door insisting on it.

Thanks, I can't keep up. I will give Cote a ring as I know someone who was effectively turned away...not that branch though, plus it was a Saturday night. Their brunch options look nice.

DiamondEcho
Lemon Quarter

Postby DiamondEcho » August 2nd, 2021, 10:15 pm

Sunnypad wrote:For a brunch/lunch on a weekday.
Looking for somewhere here but the places I used to go have mostly closed. A Pain Quotidien type place is fine. Nothing too pricey.
Catch is, not somewhere that requires the NHS app. I know there's a Cote nearby but they were asking for customers to have that last year.
Thanks.

The place for slap up pancakes, not $$, three branches in town, this one nearest to your requirements at High Holbon, not far to St. Pauls
http://www.myolddutch.com/restaurants-home/#holborn

Sunnypad
Lemon Slice

Postby Sunnypad » August 2nd, 2021, 10:37 pm

Thanks Diamond
We're on a very tight time frame sadly so that might take too much time.
I went there once 20 years ago, it was nice!

Return to “Does anyone know?”