Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Selling on eBay

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
raybarrow
Lemon Slice

Re: Selling on eBay

Postby raybarrow » November 2nd, 2023, 8:53 am

Hi,
Buyers will offer peanuts for for your cherished family heirlooms. After a few bad experiences with Ebay I went down the road of local Charity shop or freegle. Far less stressful, our charity shops will take electrical items and 'brown' furniture. Stuff goes very quickly with no comebacks.

We are downsizing and have got rid of quite a bit of stuff this way. Forget what you paid for anything, it's irrelevant, and don't be too sentimental about things. If the aim is to get rid of stuff then get rid of it.

Ray.

BobGe
Lemon Slice

Postby BobGe » November 11th, 2023, 8:47 am

mc2fool wrote:I'm trying to (finally) get my act together on a (very) long overdue clear out and am thinking of putting some items up on eBay. It's an eclectic mix, from books to photo accessories to an analogue 14" CRT TV/VCR to a vintage 1960s Hooverette vacuum cleaner, and other random stuff.

Selling successfully on ebay is a vocation. Alternatively can be a 'bit of fun' for a while for the novice if you are not concerned about the use (loss) of spare time and general outcome. If the intent is the former I would suggest that you spend a week or two of spare time reading through as many topics and posts as possible on the ebay community. If the latter, just list with lots of decent photos either a) as 30 day buy now* at the price (you can amend this during the listing period) that you feel is reasonable (check similar listings, active and completed, for guidance) or b) as 7 or 10 day auction with a 99p or other low'ish value (a 'come and buy me' figure) scheduled to start so that it will end on Sunday evening somewhere around 8pm. List with a despatch time promise (days) you can live with and be sure to mark items as despatched within the timescale set. After shipment enter parcel tracking where applicable.

*30 day buy now will auto-relist if unsold but with the original listing date ad-infinitum, so moves down the chronological listing order each time. The work around is to end the listing manually and then not 're-list', but to 'sell similar' and subsequently delete the original 'unsold' entry. I believe this is a similar issue with unsold auction listings which are set to automatically re-list (which I think happens 'pre-set' for at least 3 goes, so stick to 7 day listings if you want auto-relist to maintain a Sunday evening end time. Or manually end, and manually re-schedule as 'sell similar' etc.)

As a new 'private' member you will probably not receive 'ebay discounted listing offers' for a while, so you are likely to be paying full fees including on any shipping price you list. Vet your buyers thoroughly, if you feel they are dubious to the point where it worries you, you can cancel the transaction (but not too often!). Read buyer feedback "buying", "selling" and "left for others", look for any peculiarities. Check the ship address (google, 192, rightmove, streetview etc.). Try not to get roped into shipping to a private buyer at a business address unless researched and they seem squeaky clean and item is tracked, preferably with signature. Only offer shipping where it makes sense. It probably does not make sense to ship a TV. (Sell as buyer collect and all collections for cash only.) The carriers will not offer you transit cover for TVs an alike - read the carrier's prohibited and restricted items lists. All carrier insurance is a very expensive 'up-sell' unless it is for the small value which they bundle with the carriage. You can use ebay shipping (Packlink) or a consolidator (reseller) such as Parcel2Go. Royal Mail on-line are now quite competitive, tracked, offer higher 'insurance' (compensation) than most and are currently offering 'free collection'. Be aware all carrier claims are time consuming and a pain in the ****, so do your best to avoid... Save for small 'postable' packets carriers generally charge by weight and offer generous sizing allowances. This facilitates the use of larger cartons and lots of dunnage (fill). Use recycled materials to save cost. Double box if extremely fragile. Don't buy expensive 'thick' (Scotch 3m) manila tape as someone suggested - find some thinner much cheaper stuff and use more of it. Tape does not always stick to cardboard (particularly 2nd hand cartons) that well, but it does stick to itself so the trick is to use the thin stuff and wrap around. If you mark a package as 'FRAGILE' and alike, remember that you are tempting anyone along the transit routing to stamp on it if they are having a bad day. (So perhaps best only so marked where the carrier uses in house employed salaried staff end-to-end [e.g. UPS, maybe Fedex], not 3rd parties [agency] or self-employed.)

Remember that ebay places pretty much all responsibility with the seller and almost none with the buyer. So you are on the hook when selling.

I'll leave it there for now...

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » November 11th, 2023, 11:23 am

BobGe wrote:It probably does not make sense to ship a TV. (Sell as buyer collect and all collections for cash only.)

Thanks for your post. Sounds, as also mentioned by others, like there's a lot of things to worry about!

In regards to buyer collects for cash, how does that work, eBay wise? Presumably buyer and/or seller has to declare to eBay that's actually happened? And seller then has to pay the eBay fees directly themselves with a credit card? Presumably there's no fees for delivery costs?

And if it's cash on collection what's to stop buyer and seller coming to a private arrangement and the seller then withdrawing it from eBay and avoiding any fees? I'm sure they've thought of that but how do they prevent it? Also, what if on arrival buyer tries to negotiate?

Sorry for the rookie questions, but buyer collects for cash sounds as if it sidesteps a whole bunch of issues, esp. for "non-postable" items (albeit obviously limiting the audience), so could you or someone talk me through how that works please?

BullDog
Lemon Quarter

Postby BullDog » November 11th, 2023, 12:10 pm

mc2fool wrote:
BobGe wrote:It probably does not make sense to ship a TV. (Sell as buyer collect and all collections for cash only.)

Thanks for your post. Sounds, as also mentioned by others, like there's a lot of things to worry about!

In regards to buyer collects for cash, how does that work, eBay wise? Presumably buyer and/or seller has to declare to eBay that's actually happened? And seller then has to pay the eBay fees directly themselves with a credit card? Presumably there's no fees for delivery costs?

And if it's cash on collection what's to stop buyer and seller coming to a private arrangement and the seller then withdrawing it from eBay and avoiding any fees? I'm sure they've thought of that but how do they prevent it? Also, what if on arrival buyer tries to negotiate?

Sorry for the rookie questions, but buyer collects for cash sounds as if it sidesteps a whole bunch of issues, esp. for "non-postable" items (albeit obviously limiting the audience), so could you or someone talk me through how that works please?

Buyer pays eBay as normal. When you advertise the item on eBay you select buyer collects in the postage options. Postage therefore isn't charged to the buyer in that case. EBay Collects its sale fee from you as normal. I also put "buyer collection only, no couriers, no postage" in the item description.

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » November 11th, 2023, 12:23 pm

BullDog wrote:
mc2fool wrote:Thanks for your post. Sounds, as also mentioned by others, like there's a lot of things to worry about!

Buyer pays eBay as normal. When you advertise the item on eBay you select buyer collects in the postage options. Postage therefore isn't charged to the buyer in that case. EBay Collects its sale fee from you as normal. I also put "buyer collection only, no couriers, no postage" in the item description.

My questions were around the buyer collects for cash suggestion. ;)

BullDog
Lemon Quarter

Postby BullDog » November 11th, 2023, 12:53 pm

mc2fool wrote:
BullDog wrote:Buyer pays eBay as normal. When you advertise the item on eBay you select buyer collects in the postage options. Postage therefore isn't charged to the buyer in that case. EBay Collects its sale fee from you as normal. I also put "buyer collection only, no couriers, no postage" in the item description.

My questions were around the buyer collects for cash suggestion. ;)

That's against eBay terms and conditions. Goods bought on eBay have to be paid through eBay so they can collect their fees. (To the best of my knowledge).

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » November 11th, 2023, 1:01 pm

BullDog wrote:
mc2fool wrote:My questions were around the buyer collects for cash suggestion. ;)

That's against eBay terms and conditions. Goods bought on eBay have to be paid through eBay so they can collect their fees. (To the best of my knowledge).

It seems you can offer cash payment as an option, but you must always offer an electronic method as well.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/pos ... on?id=4181

In your payment options, select Cash on collection and any other payment methods you'd like to accept. You'll need to offer buyers at least one of the approved electronic payment methods, and you cannot discourage buyers from using any payment method you specified in the listing.

Scott.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » November 11th, 2023, 1:02 pm

BullDog wrote:That's against eBay terms and conditions. Goods bought on eBay have to be paid through eBay so they can collect their fees. (To the best of my knowledge).

That's not been my experience. and ebay seems to allow it.
The seller will let you know which payment methods they accept. In addition to PayPal or credit card, you can sometimes pay for items you collect in person with an alternative payment method (as agreed with your seller) either beforehand, or when you pick up your item. Sellers may also accept cash for local collection purchases.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/post ... 0purchases.

BullDog
Lemon Quarter

Postby BullDog » November 11th, 2023, 1:15 pm

Apologies if I am wrong about cash sales on eBay. Perhaps I'm confusing it with being asked by a buyer to end the listing to transact outside eBay. That's definitely outside T&Cs.

jaizan
Lemon Slice

Postby jaizan » November 11th, 2023, 7:02 pm

ebay don't seem to stop cash on collection.

Arguably it's a superior way of trading, as if you receive electronic funds, there is proof of payment, but no proof of delivery. So unscrupulous buyers could claim they have not received the goods.

Lanark
Lemon Quarter

Postby Lanark » November 11th, 2023, 7:13 pm

jaizan wrote:ebay don't seem to stop cash on collection.

Arguably it's a superior way of trading, as if you receive electronic funds, there is proof of payment, but no proof of delivery. So unscrupulous buyers could claim they have not received the goods.

Yes accepting paypal and then collection in person is risky for the seller, even if you have a photo of the buyer being handed the goods they will still side with the buyer and give them a refund if they ask for it and you dont have a postal tracking receipt.

Of course buyers can also get shafted, I recently had a delivery not turn up, the post office provided a blurry photo of a letterbox, could have been any letterbox, and ebay just closed the case as "proof of delivery" provided.

BobGe
Lemon Slice

Postby BobGe » November 12th, 2023, 3:19 am

mc2fool wrote:In regards to buyer collects for cash, how does that work, eBay wise? Presumably buyer and/or seller has to declare to eBay that's actually happened? And seller then has to pay the eBay fees directly themselves with a credit card? Presumably there's no fees for delivery costs?

Ebay's position is that of a transaction facilitator, not as a participant (one which is increasingly blurred). Ebay started as a 'community' but now exists purely as a commercial operation. Ebay's platform is very sophisticated and extensively automated now. Their ultimate goal is to have total automation and zero manual input on their part. This is likely an unobtainable panacea, but it is the established direction.

Generally as others have answered. In order to sell on ebay you have to lodge a form of payment for fees - bank account, credit card, debit card etc. The normal is to lodge a CC (because it gives you some protection [Section 75 of CCA]). The ebay 'rules' that say you (now) have to offer an electronic form of payment alongside 'cash' relate to a) general principles that one form of payment is as good as another and it's no longer accepted to charge 'extra' (i.e. a supplement) for payment by CC (for ex.), b) ebay's recently introduced managed payments system. Originally buyer payments were routed separately from ebay (e.g. directly to a sellers paypal a/c) ebay selling fees were accumulated, billed and debited monthly (to the lodged payment vehicle), 'managed payments' changed this so that payments are fully handled 'in house', ebay have control of the dosh, fees are deducted at the point of sale and only the nett amount was settled to the seller. You can see a 'cash' transaction forms an exception. But is still a necessity because some items are just too cumbersome to ship or a buyer-seller may be local to one another (or both) which gives rise to the lack of 'carrier proof of delivery'. Lack of CPOD leaves seller exposed to 'non-delivery' fraud - generally nothing other than CPOD is acceptable (read ebay T&Cs regarding items & sales values in this respect) because the ebay platform is extensively automated. Any fees ebay cannot collect from a sellers 'managed payments a/c' they will take from the lodged payment facility. Obviously if there is no 'shipping' involved within the transaction there will be no shipping charges or associated costs.

Introduced during the pandemic, ebay did have a system for use where items were collected against electronic payment. This was somehow arranged with smartphones and QR codes as I recall, but I never occasioned upon it personally and I've not heard it mentioned recently so I don't know if it is still in use or how successful it was (is).

Private arrangements were always prohibited under the T&Cs but used to be quite commonplace between private individuals at one time. Ebay were aware of this 'loss of revenue' and used all kinds of leverage to dissuade people from so doing (with limited success). To overcome the issue they more fully integrated communications (ebay messaging) and used early AI to parse conversation texts for 'naughty behaviour' resulting in text blocking, message blocking, a slaps on the wrist and listing cancellation. Similarly they increased 'fee discount promotions' for (private) sellers with 'good behaviour' profiles and financial penalties (or threats thereof) for defaulting. This, coupled with the 'three strikes and you're out' policy, was pretty successful, to the point where now most people (regular users) can't be bothered now.

Message monitoring is still present (AFAIIA) but more sophisticated, far less intrusive (or obvious) and will look for passing of contact numbers, email addresses etc. as well as value negotiations but also 'switches off' (or changes to a different level) for a time when a transaction exists between two parties, so that you can pass details for collection, for example. The IT is now so slick that they can drag up all and any transaction and messaging conversation history going back over quite a few years within a just few seconds.

Yes, there is always the possibility of a 'collecting buyer' trying to negotiate (or 'try it on') and this may be particularly true with buyers who's culture is one where bartering may be more commonplace. This is only fair if the item in some way falls short of the description (ebay transactions are 'sale by description' - there is no such thing as 'sold on sight' when it's on-line despite what some sellers may think!) in which case buyer and seller may agree to modify the 'deal'. Otherwise one can just refuse a lesser offer on collection - if the buyer wants the item (bearing in mind they will have travelled to collect it) one might expect they would normally accept and settle. If not, both can agree (or otherwise!) to cancel the deal. The seller (only) can cancelled the trade on ebay in which case all fees are refunded provided the correct reason for cancelling is set by the seller (read the T&Cs).

The upshot of all this is that ebay really don't give a darn provided they get their fee revenue but they understand that sometimes things don't quite go to plan and, if it's accidental and no one's to blame, they should play fair from their side if they are expecting buyers and sellers to behave and play fair too. Quid pro quo. That said, they and their automated systems can be quite unforgiving of daft or irregular behaviour and there are not many ways left open nowadays to game the system. So sellers who make 'cock-ups' or attempt to 'cheat' can find themselves paying the price. Nowadays it is buyers who have the whip hand. So today's adage should be 'seller beware'.

Ebay is e-commerce. UK law is that distance selling regs. don't apply to private sellers. Ebay effectively make the equivalent apply to private sellers. Private sellers can list with a 'no returns' policy but all a buyer has to do is claim either non-receipt or item not as described (INAD, previously SNAD). (When that happens seller payments due, to the value of the claim, are frozen until resolved one way or the other.) Proof of receipt is covered by carrier proof of delivery, which is an automated function when tracked shipping is used. No CPOD and any non-delivery claim stands good. (Hence why always cash on collection.) (FWIW, this used to be CPOD with signature but that had to be abandoned in the pandemic, so now as long as the carrier's system maintains it was delivered [it doesn't matter where or how] it's delivered!) INAD is when the buyer claims it's 'not as described' regardless - a 'return request' is opened. A buyer has 30 days (IIRC) following delivery or deemed delivery date in which to do this. The seller has a choice of giving the buyer a full refund and letting the buyer keep the item, in some cases offering a partial refund as mitigation, or having the item returned (using tracked carrier at seller cost) when the buyer will receive a full refund and seller a fee refund except the fixed fee. Ebay systems automatically engage time limits for all these processes. If the seller does nothing a 'return' will be automatically arranged. (If the buyer does nothing the 'complaint' will close after a set time and 'no fault' attributed to the seller.) Very rarely can this be successfully disputed by the seller (at risk of losing their ebay fee refund). So the buyer can claim anything and return anything (or nothing) including something which they have themselves damaged. This is "buyer fraud".

Phew..., I think that's it for a while!

BullDog
Lemon Quarter

Postby BullDog » November 12th, 2023, 8:04 am

Slightly off topic but relevant, I think. As a seller I've only had an issue with buyers going radio silent and not paying. I haven't experienced anything more serious than that, which is annoying and time wasting but at least I still have the goods. I always ship with signed for on delivery shipping to give myself some assurance against non delivery claims. I might be lucky that I've experienced nothing more malicious. There's many horror stories.

As a buyer the worst I've experienced is buying a Devolo WiFi extender claimed as brand new and boxed. It was. But it had quite clearly been supplied from somewhere with different mains electrical connection and no earthing on the pass through mains outlet. There was a UK mains adapter that the seller had put in the box. The eBay system worked fine and the seller paid for the item return. That's OK. But the seller is still selling the items that are very obviously not safe to use on a UK mains electrical system as anything plugged into the pass through mains outlet isn't earthed. So the eBay system fails on that score. Aside from that, there was the waste if my time, but that's just life.

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » November 12th, 2023, 10:18 am

BobGe wrote:Phew..., I think that's it for a while!

Phew indeed! ;) Many thanks for the detailed response, and also thanks to other responders.

Lanark wrote:
jaizan wrote:ebay don't seem to stop cash on collection.

Yes accepting paypal and then collection in person is risky for the seller, even if you have a photo of the buyer being handed the goods they will still side with the buyer and give them a refund if they ask for it and you dont have a postal tracking receipt.
BobGe wrote:Introduced during the pandemic, ebay did have a system for use where items were collected against electronic payment. This was somehow arranged with smartphones and QR codes as I recall, but I never occasioned upon it personally and I've not heard it mentioned recently so I don't know if it is still in use or how successful it was (is).

Ah, now that jogged a memory! Earlier this year I bought some old garden edging tiles from a local seller on eBay, for collection in person, which I paid for online to eBay by card and eBay sent me an email with a QR code in it for the seller to scan with the eBay app, which they did. Presumably (?) eBay consider the scanning of the QR code as proof of "delivery" for collection in person items and so solves that issue ... I'd think?

Anyway, for now I've started putting non-postable items up on GumTree, for collection-only cash-only, and have managed to get rid of an old iBook there, viewtopic.php?p=626773#p626773, and given all that's been said about eBay I think I'm just going to see if I can shift the rest of the non-postables on GumTree first, before maybe adding them onto eBay later if they don't.

I did also take a cursory look at Facebook Marketplace (lots of poorly described stuff going suspiciously cheap on there!) but was put off by listings appearing under your full name, which I guess might be ok if you're a John Smith and/or you don't care 'cos you're an active Facebook user anyway, but I'm not and I do and, anyway, my Facebook account is essentially a just-for-looking one, with nothing posted, not even a mug shot, which probably isn't encouraging to potential buyers that want to see sellers' life histories and latest holiday shots as validation they're genuine.... :roll:

88V8
Lemon Half

Postby 88V8 » November 12th, 2023, 10:36 am

mc2fool wrote:...Earlier this year I bought some old garden edging tiles from a local seller on eBay, for collection in person, which I paid for online to eBay by card and eBay sent me an email with a QR code in it for the seller to scan with the eBay app, which they did. ...

A few weeks ago I bought a ten foot field gate locally... seemed to be some problem sending by Royal Mail so I went and collected with the Landy .... paid with Paypal as I always do... eBay sent me a QR code (which I didn't use) and a collection code.
I had to email the collection code to the seller after collection so he could mark the item as 'Despatched'.

In the past, as a seller one could just tick Despatched and that was that.

V8

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » November 12th, 2023, 10:56 am

88V8 wrote:
mc2fool wrote:...Earlier this year I bought some old garden edging tiles from a local seller on eBay, for collection in person, which I paid for online to eBay by card and eBay sent me an email with a QR code in it for the seller to scan with the eBay app, which they did. ...

A few weeks ago I bought a ten foot field gate locally... seemed to be some problem sending by Royal Mail so I went and collected with the Landy .... paid with Paypal as I always do... eBay sent me a QR code (which I didn't use) and a collection code.
I had to email the collection code to the seller after collection so he could mark the item as 'Despatched'.

V8

Yes, the email I got also included a six digit code the seller could use "if facing issues" with scanning the QR code. But by "which I didn't use" I take it you mean you didn't take the email with you, either on a phone or on paper. Trusting of the seller to let you have the item then ... after everything that's been said in this thread I'd have told you to go away and come back with it!

88V8
Lemon Half

Postby 88V8 » November 12th, 2023, 2:28 pm

mc2fool wrote:
88V8 wrote:A few weeks ago I bought a ten foot field gate locally... seemed to be some problem sending by Royal Mail so I went and collected with the Landy .... paid with Paypal as I always do... eBay sent me a QR code (which I didn't use) and a collection code.

Yes, the email I got also included a six digit code the seller could use "if facing issues" with scanning the QR code. But by "which I didn't use" I take it you mean you didn't take the email with you, either on a phone or on paper. Trusting of the seller to let you have the item then ... after everything that's been said in this thread I'd have told you to go away and come back with it!

Haha, at the time of collection neither of us was abreast with this latest 'improvement'. Luckily I hadn't deleted the email from my eBay account.

V8

Jopo1
Lemon Pip

Postby Jopo1 » November 24th, 2023, 11:53 pm

Selling used items nowadays is no where near as easy nor profitable as it used to be around 5 years ago.

Unless there is antique value in your old CRT TV and 1960s Hoover, then don't bother.

If I have something to sell, I through the following process:

1) The first and most important thing to do is assess the value of your items by checking for similar items sold/for sale on ebay and FB/other marketplace sites eg Craigs List, Shpock, etc.
Remember: what is valuable to you may be of no value to anyone else.
a) On Ebay you can search completed/sold items so you can see what things actually sold for, rather that what people hope their things might sell for soon.
b) on FB you can only see items currently for sale - you can search by area and each item will show you when it was listed and also if it's been reduced in price. If a CRT TV was listed for £40 16 weeks ago, and is now only £20 and still listed, then it's worth a lot less than £20.
c) Check the area too - many more buyers in london than anywhere else keeps prices a little higher than elsewhere, so search locally to you.

2) No. 1 eliminates any value from the majority of stuff - people really are not buying second hand goods recently.
Due to fees, postage hassle and restrictions, I only list on ebay anything that will net £20 or more profit. If your stuff is worth less than that, then marketplace sites are less hassle IMO

3) If you have goods with antique or collectible value, then it might be worth doing an ebay auction and allowing international postage (let Ebay take care of that for you by ticking the relevant box) as Americans have more money than us poor UK folk and will happily pay £45 for a peter rabbit toy that cost me £22 4 years prior! You'll know if this applies by doing no. 1 above.

4) If anything might be worth a fiver or less, take it to the charity shop. Selling on either FB or EBay is just not worth the headache. Postage, packaging, and idiots messing you about and never turning up to collect.

5) If anything might be worth £5-£20, don't bother with Ebay and stick with selling on FB or other second hand selling sites like Vinted, Craigs List, Shpock.....

6) Prepare to deal with idiots - you will be let down. Someone who pays and changes their mind. Someone promises to collect and never shows then demands a refund. Someone who collects and pays cash, then denies receiving the goods and forces you to refund..,,,

7) If you want it to sell quite fast, set your price low. If similar items have sold for £35, then you might wait weeks for a buyer at that price. If you set your price at £20 though, you get £20 very quickly!

Good luck!

Jopo1

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » November 27th, 2023, 3:43 pm

gryffron wrote:NOTHING sells in December, ebay is a ghost zone that month. Everyone is out christmas shopping.

Gryff

Admittedly this was late November, but that wasn't a deliberate choice of date cos I knew id be out xmas shopping...

I just bought my son a book he wanted fro Xmas off ebay. Brand new £9 form eg amazon. Ebay "used" £2. Its in pristine condition.
Similarly a bought a stocking filler for my wife yesterday - £13 new, £3.50 on ebay. "Very Good" condition.

So I wouldn't say nobody buys anything on ebay as chrimble approaches. Though it may depend on what is being sold.

Meanwhile...

IF you do Facebook, Id suggest using FB marketplace. No fees. There is the potential of false "interest" but fundamentally its far easier/less hassle than ebay. IMO and E.

BullDog
Lemon Quarter

Postby BullDog » November 27th, 2023, 6:12 pm

didds wrote:
gryffron wrote:NOTHING sells in December, ebay is a ghost zone that month. Everyone is out christmas shopping.

Gryff

Admittedly this was late November, but that wasn't a deliberate choice of date cos I knew id be out xmas shopping...

I just bought my son a book he wanted fro Xmas off ebay. Brand new £9 form eg amazon. Ebay "used" £2. Its in pristine condition.
Similarly a bought a stocking filler for my wife yesterday - £13 new, £3.50 on ebay. "Very Good" condition.

So I wouldn't say nobody buys anything on ebay as chrimble approaches. Though it may depend on what is being sold.

Meanwhile...

IF you do Facebook, Id suggest using FB marketplace. No fees. There is the potential of false "interest" but fundamentally its far easier/less hassle than ebay. IMO and E.

Be careful with FB Marketplace, it's absolutely full of scammers. Both buying and selling on there.

Return to “Does anyone know?”