Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

pharamacy queues

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: pharamacy queues

Postby redsturgeon » March 26th, 2020, 9:23 am

UncleEbenezer wrote:
redsturgeon wrote:I'd always assumed you were over 60 UncleE

John

Heh. Looking forward to it, but not quite there yet. Firmly the wrong side of all those cut-offs of the financial advantages that benefited the 1950s-born. We're now the Scapegoat Generation, since the charlatan Willetts lumped us in with his own cohort as "boomers" in the public mind, while we (but not his lot) were still seen as far enough from retirement to pull up drawbridges.

I think boomers run to 1964 babies.

John

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » March 26th, 2020, 9:38 am

redsturgeon wrote:I think boomers run to 1964 babies.

John

They do now, 'cos Willetts grabbed the term for his book and scapegoating exercise.

When I was a small sprog and first heard the term, it didn't mean us, it meant the hippy generation (even if we were far too provincial to see real hippiedom). Young adults, and down to those scary teenagers asserting themselves (and woe betide any smaller kid who failed to get out of their way).

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Postby AF62 » March 26th, 2020, 5:07 pm

UncleEbenezer wrote:
AF62 wrote:When I got the medication I was puzzled why I had only received a months worth rather than the usual two months worth

I got that when I moved house (and consequently quack) last August. Down from 56 days to 28 days supply at a time.

I queried the change, and they told me they had instructions from TPTB to do it like that. Looked to me just like a "stealth" doubling of the prescription charge. Now it's caught up with you.

I just buy the annual certificate, so I don't care how many prescriptions they issue (stands back to wait for comments about Scotland and Wales...)

Return to “Does anyone know?”