Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh, for Donating to support the site

CEX

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
didds
Lemon Half

CEX

Postby didds » June 8th, 2020, 7:16 pm

attracted by another post I had a very quick look at CEX. Then saw I could sell them my unwanted/unable to move dross, albeit for a pittance. DAK if you pay for the postage or they send you a pre=paid bag/box etc and in effect sebnding them stuff is free and one just gets the pittance they pay out?

didds

didds
Lemon Half

Re: CEX

Postby didds » June 8th, 2020, 7:17 pm

stand down. i found the FAQ. They have a free post address, and offer collect+ for free

cheers

didds

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Re: CEX

Postby AF62 » June 10th, 2020, 5:48 pm

I have used CEX for many years and prefer to actually take the item in to a store as they are all franchises and differ in quality, so what one might say is grade C another may say is grade B (realistically nothing gets grade A unless it has never been out of the box since purchase).

If it is a tablet or phone they will deduct £5 if it doesn't have a charger (doesn't have to be the original, just anything which will charge it).

You get a choice of vouchers or cash, with vouchers having a higher value but then you have to spend them with them. Most items in-store are overpriced so the extra value of the voucher is limited, but some things are OK - so make your choice.

If you do pick vouchers, then unlike other stores where they are only valid for a year or two, CEX's voucher are valid for 1,000 years and one week so will have an expiry sometime in 3020.

Return to “Does anyone know?”