Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Passport renewal - should I wait until January?

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
Lootman
The full Lemon

Re: Passport renewal - should I wait until January?

Postby Lootman » November 22nd, 2020, 11:12 pm

richfool wrote:I wonder if the situation under current discussion is being confused with, or is overlapping, the situation where a non UK national having obtained British citizenship, then applies for a British passport. In this instance they are required to submit their non British passport (or sometimes a scanned copy of it), as part of that application for a British passport? That is a requirement from the perspective that the UK require to be sure that the new British passport is in exactly the same name as the non British passport and to ensure that the person does not have passports in different names.

Thinking about it, my wife did probably have to submit her US passport at the time of applying for UK citizenship. That was a long time ago so I do not really remember.

But the point here is more about when she renews her UK passport and I am fairly sure that she has not been subsequently asked to show her US passport. Now, as Eboli suggests, this might be a very new requirement. And if so then she will have to decide how she wishes to respond to that at the time.

But the questions remain: Why does the UK think that it needs that information and how reasonable is such a request?

chas49
Lemon Quarter

Re: Passport renewal - should I wait until January?

Postby chas49 » November 22nd, 2020, 11:37 pm

Moderator Message:
Accepting that I have contributed to this thread, and possibly to the diversion from the strict DAK 'Direct questions and answers' rule, I think this thread is drifting too far now. Please bring it back in line with answers to the original question now.... Thanks (chas49)

Return to “Does anyone know?”