Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

How to view which PayPal account is linked to your eBay account?

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
Midsmartin
Lemon Slice

Re: How to view which PayPal account is linked to your eBay account?

Postby Midsmartin » July 2nd, 2021, 2:02 pm

If I go to My Ebay, and then "account" (a semi hidden heading alongside "activity" and "messages" ) and then "paypal account" in the "payment information " section

Hypster
Lemon Slice

Postby Hypster » July 2nd, 2021, 2:52 pm

Didn’t eBay change the payment process a couple of months ago? I seem to recall they wanted everyone to register their bank details. I haven’t sold on eBay for a while so I don’t have the full details.

Hypster
Lemon Slice

Postby Hypster » July 2nd, 2021, 2:54 pm

This means:

You get paid directly to your bank account, not your PayPal account. If you haven’t already done so, please add a bank account so you can get paid. You can add your bank account from the Selling Overview in My eBay or from the Payments tab in Seller Hub.

No more PayPal payment processing fees. No more separate monthly fee payments. You will pay an updated final value fee¹, consisting of a category-based percentage of the total amount of the sale, plus a fixed fee per order.² Most sellers will pay the same or less than before.³ See fee details

We will initiate payouts within two working days of payment confirmation. You may choose to receive available funds to your bank account weekly or daily, as funds are available. Learn more about payouts.

88V8
Lemon Half

Postby 88V8 » July 2nd, 2021, 8:33 pm

Paypal is gone from my Payments tab.
So, no linked account any more.
As said, any inbound payments are now being directed to your bank account.
So I don't see the point of opening a new eBay account, it won't change anything.

It is slightly confusing, given that I am still using Paypal to pay for items whenever I buy on eBay.

I had this situation of a vanished payment a few years ago, I had paid for something but the seller swore blind I hadn't. Turned out he had more than one Paypal account and it had gone to the 'wrong' one. I guess one has to log into Paypal to sort that out.

V8

Return to “Does anyone know?”