Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Gas only utility supplier

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
scottnsilky
Lemon Slice

Gas only utility supplier

Postby scottnsilky » July 18th, 2021, 8:11 pm

DAK which company is well thought of to supply my new home with gas?

I'm moving home in a week and the cooker and boiler are gas appliances, electric is sorted, so I just want gas. My first choice was Octopus, very good reputation, and Which? recommended, but their home page gives no option for gas only.

MoneySavingExpert posts a company called SO, never heard of them, next is SSE, but ratings are not high.

Does anyone have a suggestion for best gas co?

I've never had gas before, all my addresses have been electric only, except my childhood home, where I had no involvement, of course.

Tia

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Re: Gas only utility supplier

Postby AF62 » July 19th, 2021, 11:55 am

I use Zog Energy to supply me with gas - https://www.zogenergy.com/ they were offering a cheap fixed rate a couple of years ago and their reviews were not terrible.

So far so good. They are still in business. They take the money on time. The DD’s seem appropriate to not build up too much debit or credit. I have never needed to phone them so cannot comment on that. And as a small supplier they don’t nag you every day to get a smart meter - in my opinion smart meters might have some value for electricity with time based tariffs, but for gas are utterly pointless.

It isn’t a sophisticated operation, for example bills are issued by simply emailing a pdf and the only thing the website lets you do is submit a meter reading.

But at the end of the day the easiest is probably to go to one of the comparison sites and stick in your details selecting ‘gas only’.

Return to “Does anyone know?”